Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting quotes (SW is Sean Waltman aka X-Pac)

NH: I don’t know why RAW is one way and Smackdown gets to experiment and try new things.

SW: You can’t figure that out?

NH: Would you like to enlighten everyone on why that is?

SW: Road Dogg’s in charge of Smackdown Live and Vince just lets him have the wheel. Vince doesn’t even come to Smackdown.

NH: You’re saying that Smackdown is totally on Road Dogg’s shoulders?

SW: A huge amount of the success is on Road Dogg’s shoulders. Yes.

https://irwnetwork.com/home/playaudio?id=219
Finally we get the proof. Just watching Smackdown, you can tell its created completely differently to RAW. Which is why it has been better TV for the majority of the brand split.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Re: X-Pac says Road Dogg is completely in charge of Smackdown. Vince doesn't even show up to tapings.

Who is NH?

Reactions: starsfan24

·
Registered
12,449 Posts
Re: X-Pac says Road Dogg is completely in charge of Smackdown. Vince doesn't even show up to tapings.

Maybe its because he doesn't re-write the show an hour before going live and allows the writers to do their job? I mean...that is what they're there for, might as well let them do their thing .

·
Premium Member
11,086 Posts

Who is NH?
Nick Hausman of WrestleZone.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts

·
You spent too much time looking at my avatar and s
7,822 Posts

ITT - People acting like Smackdown Live is any better than RAW.

Smackdown Live was great the first month or two when Ward was running the ship then it took a nose dive to RAW levels of derp.. Now we know who is responsible for making it just as boring as RAW

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts

tbf its pretty much what happens with wwe, they start something, it goes well, they get bored, it gradually turns to shit to the point that they decide it isnt working then the cycle starts again.

Reactions: Ace

·
Dragon Slayer
6,627 Posts
I think this has been obvious since the brand split. I didn't know that it was Road Dogg, but it was obvious a creative talent OTHER than Vince ran Smackdown when you looked at the tremendous difference in quality between WWEs two main brands. RAW is the same directionless boring emotionless formulaic must-miss television it has been for the past decade.

At the same time Smackdown (until the roster shakeup) was very entertaining week in and week out. It does what a televised weekly show SHOULD DO. Its not necessarily AE levels of quality, I wouldn't take it over 97-98 WCW or 98-04 WWE, but its entertaining and worth watching.

When you look at RAWs roster, the talent at the top is frankly unparalleled. Rollins, Reigns, Samoa Joe, Balor, Wyatt, Miz, Ambrose. The womens division is filled with talent excluding Nia Jax. The cruiserweights are some of the best active cruiserweights in the world so far as I know. And despite all of that I would rather browse Reddit or mindlessly scroll through facebook.

Smackdown, despite a smaller roster, manages to completely blow away its Monday night competition in every way. And yes, Smackdown HAS obviously dipped in quality since the RTWM started. But who controls the RTWM? Vince McMahon. The drop in quality is his. Not anyone else's. Who did the roster shakeup? Vince McMahon. Every problem is attributed to Vince.

·
Banned
9,176 Posts
Smackdown went to shits since the Draft, and once the NXT headwriter left and left Road Dogg in charge.

Fashion Police rivals the stupidest shit from the Russo era.

·
The Final Kid
3,397 Posts
Tbh SmackDown went to shit after No Mercy, and Ward was still booking the show. Road Dogg just made it very clear he's shit at his creative job

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
And whose idea was it to make Jinder as Champion for the India marketing? right, it wasn't Road Dogg's. It was either Steph's, HHH, or even Vince's idea. Your #1 market is the U.S, and then WWE is going around trying to say India is their #1 market even though it was revealed that they don't even pay for the ppvs, have no major merchandise in India, what an insult.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts