Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
I'll admit my memory is not the greatest, but there isn't one thing about this guy's career that immediately springs to mind. Apart from his height, he seems to be forgettable in almost every conceivable way.
the superplex spot with brock, the feud with mayweather, his wwe debut, his wcw debut, his tag teams with kane and jericho

but yeah lets dismiss the mans career because hes tall

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
the superplex spot with brock, the feud with mayweather, his wwe debut, his wcw debut, his tag teams with kane and jericho
I don't consider any of those memorable at all. His debut in WCW was part of Kevin Sullivan's freak show stable that included the Yeti. That might be memorable, yes - for being absolutely awful.

The only thing I remember about his career, when I really think carefully, was his terrible crying promo when Triple H bullied him in the Authority. Everyone laughed at it, if I remember correctly.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,398 Posts
After all his years in the business, everything he's done he deserved a better final WM than what he got, that was just stupid. It wasn't entertaining. The way Show and Braun both got eliminated so early on was just absurd, but expected in HHH's WWE.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
I don't consider any of those memorable at all. His debut in WCW was part of Kevin Sullivan's freak show stable that included the Yeti. That might be memorable, yes - for being absolutely awful.

The only thing I remember about his career, when I really think carefully, was his terrible crying promo when Triple H bullied him in the Authority. Everyone laughed at it, if I remember correctly.
they are objectively memorable, focusing on the yeti element instead of the fact that he beat hogan for the belt

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Re: X Pac claims Big Show Lashed Out Backstage After WM 33 Match!

So people don't care about Taker either? They booed him before WM33.
Did they chant "Please retire!", though?

but yeah lets dismiss the mans career because hes tall
I'll dismiss it because it was boring. Very, very boring. His Mayweather feud was 100% about Mayweather, not Big Show. Anybody could've been in Big Show's role in that match and it wouldn't have made any difference. The only reason it was memorable was Mayweather. Same goes for that superplex. The ring collapsing is all anybody cared about, not Big Show. His tag teams with Kane and Jericho were shit, too. He never once impressed me with anything he ever did, because he thought that being big was enough. As such, he was the weak link in every single feud participated in. I can't remember ever once thinking, "Oh, good, here comes Big Show".

·
Banned
4,268 Posts
all yall are...or mostly all of you, are the same peole who were making thread after trhead, post after post about hating Big Show and now you wana give him a moment? wtf is wrong with you people

much like many others, the guy has hogegd way too much screen time in the tail end of his career, let him go

I'm pissed Braun got shafted in the battle royale and Mojo winning made no sense.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts

Did they chant "Please retire!", though?

I'll dismiss it because it was boring. Very, very boring. His Mayweather feud was 100% about Mayweather, not Big Show. Anybody could've been in Big Show's role in that match and it wouldn't have made any difference. The only reason it was memorable was Mayweather. Same goes for that superplex. The ring collapsing is all anybody cared about, not Big Show. His tag teams with Kane and Jericho were shit, too. He never once impressed me with anything he ever did, because he thought that being big was enough. As such, he was the weak link in every single feud participated in. I can't remember ever once thinking, "Oh, good, here comes Big Show".
Good for you ?

·
Registered
302 Posts

Who gives a shit about him anyway,he has been IRRELEVANT ever since he teamed with Y2J as JeriShow....
Only famous because he's fucking huge.

Won't be missed for sure.
No he wont...BUT....the same people claiming Naomi should have won the title and deserved it because of her tenure and working hard etc (I 100 percent disagree).....This is what an employee looked like. Someone who was willing to be a monster for you one second, put a damn diaper on and be the new years baby the next. You dont treat one of your few longest lasting talents thats put in the work and time and has literally done everything that was asked of him (including being eliminated like trash at wm 33). Considering the shape he got in to perform for this company....major slap.

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
I'm not even that (no pun intended) big a Big Show fan (I respect him, but he's never been one of my favorites). But he has been a steady hand for WWE for a long time, he's been part of some memorable moments, he's a former multi-time world champion (not to mention all of the other titles he's held). AND, he's been willing to put up with all of the stupid and lame storylines that WWE has stuck him with over the years, and boy have there been some doozies, and he's been willing to do all of the stupid, degrading, and humiliating crap that WWE has asked him to do over the years.

So if this was his last Mania, then he deserved better than to be eliminated quickly in a Battle Royale on the freaking pre-show. At least let him last longer and do more before you eliminate him.

So damn disrespectful of WWE.

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
Show and Strowman should have been the final 2 with Braun going over. After the match there should have been some sort of acknowledgement/respect between the 2. A moment of 'you're the giant around here now'

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I don't get it... why was he mad about the finish after the fact? It's not real.. didn't he know how it would go down before it took place?

·
Banned
778 Posts
What's with this place and playing the victim for legends?

Hasn't Big Show already won the Batte royale? Why does he need another? Truth be told the only match Big Show would have had that he would have been happy with would have been against Shaq, but the same people here bitching for the Big Show now, were the ones bitching about the match then, hoping it got cancelled.

61 - 80 of 93 Posts