Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 477 Posts

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,711 Posts
Re: X-Men: Dark Phoenix (November 2, 2018)

Yeah I think 6 characters could show their origins briefly in a 2 hour movie with a decent villain at the end to battle against. I personally would have liked to see a movie with Professor X just assembling a team. That's just me though.
Yeah that was called X-Men First Class....

Simple set ups, X meets Mystique, Eric is raised/trained by a Nazi, they all meet up years later to face the monster that not only wants to destroy the world, but made Eric a monster as well.

My biggest problem with the series is that the idea is that we need one character above all to be the focal point. I understand why Wolverine got the push, he was always too cool for school. And I even understand the J Lawrence push too. Thing is, that never worked. Her star just isn't as bright as people want to believe and the best way I know to prove that is look at the numbers. First Class and Apocalypse, no matter how we feel about them, under performed at the box-office. Compare them to Days Past, what's missing? A certain sharp clawed rage mutant. Wolverine is the draw of the X-Men universe, bar none. His crap, Origins, still made bank despite itself. What does J Lawrence have to show as Mystique without Wolverine? A great reboot in First Class and a shoddy Apocalypse movie that was killed by a poster that "promoted violence against women..."

Deadpool is different, I wanna say that before anyone says that Wolverine wasn't in that one. It was made for peanuts and sold as a comedy love story for Valentine's Day as opposed to a July released summer blockbuster rated PG-13 so kids and families can see it. It was a different animal all together.

·
40,732 Posts

It was comical. She's in this leather badass getup trying to be a dude so badly. Women can kick ass. I'm ok with this. But don't force it.

Mystique isn't an ass kicking character. Her name says it all; her power says it all. She's a manipulator.

Rogue is the ass kicker heavy hitter female of the X-Men. Storm even more so and she doesn't have super strength or invulnerability. Hell she lead the X-Men with no powers for a bit there. Why isn't this character one of the main characters again? You want a strong female character, look no further than Storm.

·
The Man
25,721 Posts

I think he means OG cast I.E Sir Patrick Stewart, Sir Ian McKellen etc.

I actually enjoyed Apocalypse a lot more on my second viewing. Is it a step down from DOFP? without a doubt, but once again internet hyperbole took over and made it seem like it was the worst POS of all time when in reality it was just an ok movie. For some reason you can't just have a 3 star movie now a days, it's either a masterpiece or OH MY GAWD SELL THE RIGHTS!!!.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts

Could do without J-Laws mopey face in this one. Mystiques story is just fucked and inconsistent. Would rather see them pad out the cast with some lesser known X-Men (surely there's some MTV generation stars they can cast that'll make bank with a young audience?).

·
Registered
2,161 Posts

Lol forgot about First Class my 3 or 4 favourite X-Men movie but I meant a little younger team.

·
Registered
17,493 Posts

Would it be so bad to maybe see the students do a little something? Like have Beast, Cyke and Storm be seen training them in the Danger Room. Get some lil cameos in there. It is a school after all and apart from a few brief scenes we've not really seen them teach.

I don't wanna see Mystique AT ALL! Her character is fucked up big time and I doubt J-Law would be that bothered if she wasn't in it. That's the thing about Raven though, she's one of the only characters they can literally go James Bond with, she can be anybody!

Sent from my 4009X using Tapatalk

·
Locker Room Leader
12,110 Posts

As long as they do right by my boy Cyke and give him the spotlight he deserves. I've always felt he gets shafted at every turn. I know this will be all about Sansa Stark and her Phoenix powers but I quite liked Scott Summers in Apocalypse and felt he could have been given more to do.

He's the leader of the X Men ffs. Hopefully they dial back on Mystique and Magneto and let the others shine. Cyclops, Beast, Quicksilver, Nightcrawler, get Rogue in there too.

Jubilee can fuck off.

·
Registered
17,493 Posts

If Magneto returns how can they top manipulating the earth's metal? Nothing short of Asteroid M will top it. But I think he should be in the film, only to establish Genosha .

·
40,732 Posts

Give Magneto a break from these movies. We get what makes him tick. Time to focus on some actual X-Men. Not that I don't think Magneto is a great character but...

Magneto is not needed for Dark Phoenix. He has no ties to Jean Grey really. It needs to be about a family so when the worst happens the stakes are the highest.

Also when you get to Mr. Sinister make sure you bring Havok back. I think that's what'll happen? Yeah.

·
Registered
17,493 Posts

Ha they aren't bringing Havok back. He was an extra for 2 movies

61 - 80 of 477 Posts