Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 477 Posts

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
Re: X-Men: Dark Phoenix (November 2, 2018)

I know many like to make excuses but lack of OT cast was a legit reason for part of Apocalypse not getting a bigger box office. It's not a coincidence the only main series film to make that Kinda cash was DOFP. And to be quite honest I enjoyed Apocalypse.

The comics are such a fucking mess I don't care the movies don't follow them.

Sent from my 4009X using Tapatalk

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,329 Posts

Not really up for anymore X-Men movies.

People bitch about Wolverine getting too much attention over the other characters but let's be real, Wolverine is another level compared to the others.

Jean and Scott were terrible in Apoc and I don't see this making bank if they're the main focus as Sophie's acting is complete dog shit.

The Wolverine situation is tough because he's a big draw on his own.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts

The comics these days sure but that's Marvel trying to cut their noses because they don't have the movie rights. If they just followed Chris Claremont script or the Animated series from the get go I would never have had a problem. I'm not a fan of Bryan Singer vision and hope he never touches a comic movie again. How people feel about Snyder is how I feel about him. Days of Future Past though I got to give him some credit but it wasn't really him.

·
40,760 Posts

I know many like to make excuses but lack of OT cast was a legit reason for part of Apocalypse not getting a bigger box office. It's not a coincidence the only main series film to make that Kinda cash was DOFP. And to be quite honest I enjoyed Apocalypse.

The comics are such a fucking mess I don't care the movies don't follow them.

Sent from my 4009X using Tapatalk
what is lack of OT cast?

The movies don't need to follow the comics but the movies do need to be good.

·
Banned
28,110 Posts

I think he means OG cast I.E Sir Patrick Stewart, Sir Ian McKellen etc.

I actually enjoyed Apocalypse a lot more on my second viewing. Is it a step down from DOFP? without a doubt, but once again internet hyperbole took over and made it seem like it was the worst POS of all time when in reality it was just an ok movie. For some reason you can't just have a 3 star movie now a days, it's either a masterpiece or OH MY GAWD SELL THE RIGHTS!!!.

·
Registered
17,497 Posts

what is lack of OT cast?

The movies don't need to follow the comics but the movies do need to be good.
Ian McKellen, Patrick Stewart, Halle Berry, Anna, Shawn, Ellen, Daniel coming back. Hugh being the main guy all helped DOFP considerably. I went every week to see it at the cinema when it was released :lmao. And it certainly wasn't for Lawrence.

Only problem I had with Apocalypse was too much crammed into 2 hours. Should've been done in two parts. Didn't care for Sophie, didn't mind Tye because I've always found Cyclops boring as fuck anyways.

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,814 Posts

There are only two things about this movie that will make me rage, besides it sucking:

1. Recasting Wolverine.

2. No fucking Gambit.

I was pleased with Gambit's portrayal in Origins, one of the worst movies ever made. He is my favorite of the males, they need to fucking use him in a bigger role.

Reactions: Miss Sally

·
Its Yer'sel
6,148 Posts

This the first time a series has written a remake of its own storyline into the franchise... wtf.

Seconds out round TWO. :)

·
Registered
2,162 Posts

Not really up for anymore X-Men movies.

People bitch about Wolverine getting too much attention over the other characters but let's be real, Wolverine is another level compared to the others.

Jean and Scott were terrible in Apoc and I don't see this making bank if they're the main focus as Sophie's acting is complete dog shit.

The Wolverine situation is tough because he's a big draw on his own.
I thought Scott was pretty awesome looked more legit than the first two X-Men movies. Like he could do something and not be over shadowed.

I agree on Jean I watched GOT months after Apocalypse girl is weak. Since I never cared much for Jean I won't rant hard on her.

Love Wolverine and I understand the draw but the X-Men universe is huge there are great stories without him. If Bryan Singer didn't over play him and used the others we wouldn't be having this problem.

That said I Still think X-Men is a draw without Wolverine.

·
14,329 Posts

I thought Scott was pretty awesome looked more legit than the first two X-Men movies. Like he could do something and not be over shadowed.

I agree on Jean I watched GOT months after Apocalypse girl is weak. Since I never cared much for Jean I won't rant hard on her.

Love Wolverine and I understand the draw but the X-Men universe is huge there are great stories without him. If Bryan Singer didn't over play him and used the others we wouldn't be having this problem.

That said I Still think X-Men is a draw without Wolverine.
I agree that Scott wasn't a bitch but he still wasn't interesting. Not sure if actors fault or if the character itself is just flawed.

Yup, she's pretty terrible.

Wolverine was always cooler than the other characters, it just is what it is. He was popular before they went hard on him, he was still popular even after Origins which was awful and the Wolverine which was mediocre. I'm pretty sure Wolverine is a lot more popular than the other members by far. Singer should have done a better job with the other characters but honestly the cast is so big for a few movies.

X-Men will draw but Wolverine added to it, no denying that. X-Men is popular enough on it's own to get a healthy return.

I don't expect every movie to be great but I expect it to be good and to at least try. Paying today's ticket prices for a 3 star movie isn't something I enjoy doing.

·
Banned
28,110 Posts

1. Recasting Wolverine.
I can't see them doing that so quickly. At least I hope to god not. From what I recall the initial plan was for Gambit to step into Wolverine's shoes once Hugh walked away, but given that movies' issues that plan may be on the back burner for now.

Only way I'd settle for a quick Wolverine recasting was IF they gave the role to :hardy

·
Registered
2,162 Posts

I agree that Scott wasn't a bitch but he still wasn't interesting. Not sure if actors fault or if the character itself is just flawed.

Yup, she's pretty terrible.

Wolverine was always cooler than the other characters, it just is what it is. He was popular before they went hard on him, he was still popular even after Origins which was awful and the Wolverine which was mediocre. I'm pretty sure Wolverine is a lot more popular than the other members by far. Singer should have done a better job with the other characters but honestly the cast is so big for a few movies.

X-Men will draw but Wolverine added to it, no denying that. X-Men is popular enough on it's own to get a healthy return.

I don't expect every movie to be great but I expect it to be good and to at least try. Paying today's ticket prices for a 3 star movie isn't something I enjoy doing.
No you're right he always been popular he is number 2 to Spider-Man. I'm just saying in the movie verse they could have tried to make the others interesting so they could standout and have their own solos.

But to be fair most work better as a team other than Wolverine, Deadpool and Gambit would be the only ones who can hold a solo. Cable and Bishop future stuff maybe.

There are more than one team so New Mutants and X Factor could be cool if they have the rights to Alpha Flight that be awesome as well.

I understand why Fox wants to milk but I need better guys a need a Kevin to control this universe not a Bryan.

·
14,329 Posts

No you're right he always been popular he is number 2 to Spider-Man. I'm just saying in the movie verse they could have tried to make the others interesting so they could standout and have their own solos.

But to be fair most work better as a team other than Wolverine, Deadpool and Gambit would be the only ones who can hold a solo. Cable and Bishop future stuff maybe.

There are more than one team so New Mutants and X Factor could be cool if they have the rights to Alpha Flight that be awesome as well.

I understand why Fox wants to milk but I need better guys a need a Kevin to control this universe not a Bryan.
I cannot see any of the other X-Men having their own solo movies, except Gambit but they screwed the pooch on that!

A duo movie with Cyclops and Havoc would be great. It actually would be fantastic if done right!

Colossus would be good as a solo act if they had him be like Hulk and take on insanely strong bad guys.

·
40,760 Posts

Tom Hardy Wolverine :BELTRE

Colossus is nowhere near the power level of Hulk. He's also better playing off of other characters. He was a great contrast to Wolverine for instance. Wolverine was impulsive and reckless while Colossus was reserved and stoic. Together, they were unstoppable. Until Magneto showed up:side:

·
Registered
2,162 Posts

I cannot see any of the other X-Men having their own solo movies, except Gambit but they screwed the pooch on that!

A duo movie with Cyclops and Havoc would be great. It actually would be fantastic if done right!

Colossus would be good as a solo act if they had him be like Hulk and take on insanely strong bad guys.
I'm personally reading Age of Apocalypse there is about 3 volumes. There are different stories from different characters if they wanted to they could make movies based on their stories.

For example Cyclops and Havok have their own story together which is my favourite part and there is an X-Men team lead by Magneto.

Colossus is cool and all but I agree with Mrmister he plays of characters better, I like his sister though if the explored that some how. Idk I think the characters need to be fleshed out before they deal with a big threat. They don't try to make us care for the individuals unless it is Wolverine, they tried with Rogue in 1 I give them that but that wasn't her.

I know there is only so much they can do but Avengers and Civil War are team based movies that tried to give depth to most if not all the heroes. After seeing Civil War, X-Men have no excuse especially if Warner Bros nails JL.

Reactions: 2 Ton 21

·
Premium Member
9,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #56

Just realized movie Wolvie is the 80s Hulk Hogan of the X-Men movieverse... brother.

I hope they have the real Beast this time. I get it's a bitch for the actor to do the makeup, but please no more of the serum that makes him human. Hoult's a good actor, but his Beast is Beast in name and fur only. He acts nothing like him. I get why they did it that way in First Class, but he needs to be the real Beast now. That was one of the few redeeming parts of The Last Stand. Kelsey Grammar was a perfect Beast.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts

Just realized movie Wolvie is the 80s Hulk Hogan of the X-Men movieverse... brother.

I hope they have the real Beast this time. I get it's a bitch for the actor to do the makeup,
It is probably just the fan in me but if I was offered a role I wear it all the time no problem I be one of those guys just happy to be in a Movie.
Personally no roles Marvel/DC I can see myself in maybe Static or Patriot lol.

Reactions: 2 Ton 21

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,814 Posts

Storm has a good storyline, I think she would be able to hold her own movie (I may be biased because she is my favorite, though). Really, though, I do like her story and think it could make for a good movie.

I think if the other characters are established in the movies more, people would be more interested in them. For those of us who have followed the X-Men for a long time, we already know the backgrounds, but, for people who don't and just know them from the movies, it can be a bit hard to care as much for other characters when pretty much all of Wolverine's past has been told a few times over and there really isn't any background on anyone else.

·
40,760 Posts

X-Men are just better as a team than trying to force them solo. They are the outsider family struggling for a place in the world.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts

Yeah I think 6 characters could show their origins briefly in a 2 hour movie with a decent villain at the end to battle against. I personally would have liked to see a movie with Professor X just assembling a team. That's just me though.

41 - 60 of 477 Posts