Wrestling Forum banner

461 - 477 of 477 Posts

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
Disney didn't sabotage anything. So much time and money was dumped into this movie that they basically had to release it. Simon Kinberg just sucks, he's giving Rian Johnson a run for his money.

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,226 Posts
:lol Let me guess, these podcasts belong to some alt-right or Gamergate crowd?

Why would Disney/Fox burn money on one movie just to prop up another movie? Dark Phoenix's February slot was taken by another FOX movie that faced production issues. Alt-right favourite's Alita:Battle Angel. Did the podcast at least mention this? Dark Phoenix was moved again to its final release date to try to take advantage of China's holiday weekend.

If Disney has that much purchasing power then why wouldn't they use it on every movie? Why is Ant man not also a 300mil domestic movie? Why didn't Disney buy tickets for Dumbo?

Stop giving these trolls your time and views. :lol
Uh no, the podcasts are apolitical. Not heard them mention anything to do with gamergate or alt-right stuff. Not going to go into this nonsense.

Why would Disney spend money on those movies? The only credible reason they'd spend their own movie on Captain Marvel is if they don't want the face of the franchise to flop. Look at WWE with Roman Reigns, once a company has it's mind set on what they want they'll happily lose money in the short term for the long.

Again it's just rumors that I stated. Dark Phoenix looked bad from the get go. It was good luck I guess it wasn't the first female lead Marvel movie wasn't it?

I don't buy that Disney sabotaged this either. It makes no sense.

This movie sucks because people made really fucking bad decisions about it. Hopefully, lessons are learned but I'm not optimistic about this.
Yeah the X-Men movies are pretty bad, also Turner is god awful, she cannot do a lead role.

Disney is Disney, rumor could be the CEO dresses up as Mickey Mouse and abducts kids straight out of the park and it has a decent chance of being true.

·
Registered
6,551 Posts
Uh no, the podcasts are apolitical. Not heard them mention anything to do with gamergate or alt-right stuff. Not going to go into this nonsense.

Why would Disney spend money on those movies? The only credible reason they'd spend their own movie on Captain Marvel is if they don't want the face of the franchise to flop. Look at WWE with Roman Reigns, once a company has it's mind set on what they want they'll happily lose money in the short term for the long.

Again it's just rumors that I stated. Dark Phoenix looked bad from the get go. It was good luck I guess it wasn't the first female lead Marvel movie wasn't it?

Yeah the X-Men movies are pretty bad, also Turner is god awful, she cannot do a lead role.

Disney is Disney, rumor could be the CEO dresses up as Mickey Mouse and abducts kids straight out of the park and it has a decent chance of being true.
Care to share which podcasts? I only watch screen junkies for my movie shit and I don't remember they gave this theory of Disney ruining Dark Phoenix on purpose any real credit.

I only mentioned gamergate and alt-right because those were the ones shilling hate on Captain Marvel for clicks and views for months now. If Captain Marvel flops, how is it short term pain for long term gains losing money right now? Wouldn't nobody go to watch it in the future as well? I don't see the logic in there.

·
Bury me one foot for every inch of heel she's wear
2,431 Posts
Waits on Cyclops and Storm movies.
Disgrace they shit on the former when he's the real leader not Wolverine

·
Registered
17,493 Posts
Well he wasn't the leader of their adaptation. And its not like he's the only leader the comics have had.

Dark Phoenix is literally the only time Cyke has been the leader (and that was only after, you knoe what) There wasn't one in the first movie, the second film they were all split up, storm and Logan shared the role in X3, wasn't one in First class, dofp and Mystique was a pseudo leader in Apocalypse. So yeah.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
I watched it online. An actual waste of time.
Not even worth watching it for free I see. Guess I'll wait till its on cable.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I thought all of the X-Men movies were good, but I think the "Show the whole movie" trailer for Dark Phoenix is what hurt the box office the most. There were only 7 people in the theater we went to, and as I said before, I only went because it was an excuse to go out.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
I knew after watching Apocalypse that the next one Fox did would be DOA. The final nail in the coffin is when Disney purchased Fox. I'm willing to bet the majority just wanted Feige to take over at that point.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I don't buy Sophie Turner as Jean Grey (or a leading lady in a movie for that matter). I can't believe Fox botched this story... twice. I

·
My Balls Are Hard As Steele
9,852 Posts
Dunno about anywhere else but my local cinema has removed all screenings of Dark Phoenix after only two weeks. The extra screens went to Rocketman and Aladdin instead.
Only one theater which is 16 screens is playing it about 5 or 6 times and couple of them are still playing it maybe once or twice during the day. The rest have removed it. It will be in one of the local theaters that does second run for a few bucks soon enough. :bosque

·
Registered
17,493 Posts
yep. film has grossed Worldwide: $232,959,311. So still on track for that 100million loss.

After slugging along with disappointing box office numbers for the past three weeks since the film’s release, Twentieth Century Fox has decided to finally pull the plug on its final X-Men film. According to Exhibitor Relations Company, the film will lose 1,667 theaters in just its third week. Last weekend, X-Men: Dark Phoenix only made $3.6 million. The movie’s total box office gross has now totaled to $60.1 million, which is very lackluster for a film with an estimated budget of around $200 million (excluding marketing costs).
For a franchise that’s been so successful, this is definitely not the way Twentieth Century Fox wanted to wrap things up.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I think the line that Jlaw delivered in that movie(you know) also didn't help matters. She sounded so totally out of character, almost like she meant it for real. They could have kept that out, as it sounded so out of place for a comic book movie.

461 - 477 of 477 Posts