Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This could actually just be me.... Because surely the guys in charge no more than me... I'm just a general 24 year old fan. I like the older guys as much as the younger the guys and I actually got into the X-Division in 2002 which the origianl concept was an evolution of TNA... Hybrid wrestlers like AJ, Joe you get the idea.

A new performance of ablity

Holy shit moments

So my original point.... Is it me or is the X-division starting to look like standard storyline matches?

Yes Doug Williams is fantastic for the X division championship now.... But I dont think enough people knew that when he was X champ!

Jay Lethal vs Kazarian..... I have to stand down to this one because I think these guys are going to fight X divison style with sick moves, tough skills and competitive action.

But compare X division when the guys would setup huge 7-8 man suplexes off the top rope or everyone jumping out the ring... Joe grabbing people by the legs and smashing them against the barriers..... Now what do the X division do??

What can strengthen the X division title in 2011?

Jay Lethal holding it for a lengthy time?

Kazarian taking it to Fortune?

As for me? Putting the strap on Joe and watch him tear everyone apart.

But enough of my jibbering!

What do you guys reckon?

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
IMO Fourtune/Immortal will have a clean sweep at the next PPV. So that would mean Kazarian with the X, AJ with Global and Beer money with the Tag straps.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
As long as Hogan and Bischoff are around they won't do squat with the x-division.When Bischoff came in I thought the first thing he would would re-ignite the division.This was one of WCW's hallmarks and Bischoff always said he was a fan of the crusierweight style.
Putting Joe back in the division almost seems like a step back for him ,but he would be the perfect somone to make the division matter again.He's floating around the card in random fueds otherwise.But the division is very slack at the moment ,you have Robbie E ,Douglas Williams ,Kaz and Lethal pretty much.A Joe/Doug fued would be immense though but untill Tna starts booking it right ,bringing in more talent (espicailly international talent to give it that special feel ) and give it more air time it will be irrevalent.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
One major problem with the X Division, is that most of the X Divison is in the Tag Division (GenMe, The Guns, Okada and Kiyoshi, Shannon). With that said you've got Lethal, Kaz, Red, Robbie, and sometimes Kendrick. And in my opinion, even with that small amount of guys, you could actually squeeze some pretty good matches out of them. IMO, the problem is that the X Guys are victims of very bad booking. There was a point where the X Division would kick off each impact with a good balls to the wall 3-4 way. You rarely get that anymore. But what I will say, is that Kazarian and Lethal facing off at Genesis actually a good start to repairing the division. Secondly, there needs to be more matches that involve a good bulk of the division to make them all look legit (The 8 Man Tag at Genesis 2005 always comes to mind). Allow these guys to tear down the house on a consistent bassis, and the problem will begin to decrease. The roster definitely needs to bulk up though. I type this all the time but TNA could really use guys like Jack Evans, Extreme Tiger, Puma/TJ Perkins, Pac, etc. to help build the division and make it look plentiful. Secondly, TNA needs to start having 2 X Division focused matches on PPV's again. You have the fun 8-10 minute X Division 4 way match to kick things off, then later on the card, have the serious X Division Title Match. TNA always forgets that they can always use that extra X Division opener to cut down on the stressful time it takes for them to make storylines. Having an exhibition match gets the crowd hyped for the more serious matches. That's just my opinion though.....

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
After his feud with Hardy, RVD should move to the X-Division and feud with Samoa Joe over the title.

That would bring up the division ten-fold eh?

·
Banned
373 Posts
It would be great if TNA could reinvigorate the X-Division. It's been dead for a while, would need to hire fresh meat.

·
Premium Member
44,439 Posts
1) Add RVD to the mix. I think his style fits in with the X Division talent and his presence will elevate the division as a whole to, potentially, a main event level, which is important. I've said before, I feel like WWE & TNA, if they are going to stick with the once a month PPV format, they need to learn how to hold things off & let World Title matches grow and develop into being something more special. To do that, they have to elevate everything else underneath it to believable main event status if the time calls for it. Again, I go back to WCW 97 where Hogan/Sting was the big story BUT they masterfully held it off by offering Savage/DDP (a non title feud) as an acceptable string of PPV main events & it worked. So elevate the X Division, and do that by adding RVD to the mix.

2) Add some new blood = They X Division could do with some new faces from the Indy scene. Guys like Robbie E don't cut it, but there are plenty of fresh young talents they could get to add to add a new flavor and depth to the X Division. So to the US Indy circuit, ROH, Japan, or Mexico, and you'll find plenty of guys who can fit the bill.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
Only 2 Hope For It
Unfortunately for TNA it looks like at this point Dragon Kid and anybody else from Japan like Kota Ibushi would never work for TNA. Don't know why but that's just how it seems. Yeah but Dragon Kid is a hell of a talent from the luchador/cruiserweight style but his same moveset that consists of mostly Hurricaranas even looking amazing gets old very quickly. Aside from the mask theres nothing that he could offer TNA right now that anybody else with a mask on could.

If the other guy is Mistico then just like Dragon Kid he's never leaving his respective home country or wrestling with only luchadors from Mexico. He's a star there.

I think Pac or Ricochet would be more realistic pick up and they are both still young so if TNA goes out of business or they are unhappy there they won't be in a Desmond Wolfe situation.

·
Banned
749 Posts
TNA doesn't really give a shit about the X-Division, so it doesn't matter who they bring in. They could have the most talented junior heavyweights in human history, but if none of them get more than two minutes of TV time, it doesn't matter.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
X Division title should be gotten rid of. Too many belts in TNA. It makes zero sense to have the X Division title (a title that just focuses on a few people) while having two other single titles that includes everyone.

·
Banned
749 Posts
No. If a title should be removed, it should be the Television championship.

·
Banned
749 Posts
The X-Divison DOESN'T focus on just a few people. Hence the name, as opposed to just calling it a cruiserweight title. It's just stupidly put on only cruiserweights.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Theres always a chance in rebuilding it. Even if its 0.1%.

·
Registered
990 Posts
X Division title should be gotten rid of. Too many belts in TNA. It makes zero sense to have the X Division title (a title that just focuses on a few people) while having two other single titles that includes everyone.
This. The X Division is dead. Retire the belt and honour it with things like the Super X Cup and World X Cup.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Simply release people like Brother Ray, Brother Devon, Tommy Dreamer, Stevie Richards, Mick Foley, Chelsea, Christy Hemme, Robbie E, Orlando Jordan, So Cal Val and Magnus so there is money available for bringing quality over quantity and the bring in people like Paul London, Shane Helms, Roderick Strong, Austin Aries, Mistico and resign Christopher Daniels and Low Ki and if TNA were to even sign four of those the X Division would be perfectly fine again with Jay Lethal, Frankie Kazarian, Doug Williams and Brian Kendrick already there on the roster.

Dixie Carter's main problem is her insistance that the TNA roster is stacked and she is a known fan of quantity over quality but even Stevie Wonder could see that the roster is completely all over the place and need's to be addressed as well as the booking/creative department. What i find so frustrating is the fact that talent wise TNA has an unbelievable aray of great in ring workers and in ring performers but just do not know how to use them whatsoever and struggle stringing along more than one decent storyline in the company at a time.

What i would like to see is the main event and mid card roster combined like how SmackDown used to be back in 2003-2004 in which we saw mid card wrestler's being elevated by working with the main men and then when the bigger PPV's were coming up the main men would work with each other and the mid card do the same. In Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Desmond Wolfe, The Pope, Jeff Hardy, Rob Van Dam, Mr Anderson, Matt Morgan, Jeff Jarrett and Sting who would be used like The Undertaker in WWE as a special attraction on a pay per appearance contract there is enough talent and with a resigned Christopher Daniels and also Doug Williams and Frankie Kazarian they would have three people believable and more than capable of moving in between the X Division and the mid card.

In 2011 i would like to see more emphasis put on the X Division because that is the division that told the world about TNA and whilst i know that the glory days of the division with AJ Styles, Samoa Joe and Christopher Daniels are a thing of the past that doesn't mean that Eric Bischoff and his team of geniuses backstage should allow the division to die with that trio. I am not a booking genius but i can see that more quality is needed over the quantity that they have now and people like Low Ki, Shane Helms and Paul London are free agents whilst Mistico is trying to get a job in America so surely efforts should be made to sign this four at the very least.

·
Banned
749 Posts
They could hire and fire everyone they wanted. The problem is the way they're BOOKED.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts