Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only person who thinks there should be a TV/X-Division unification match? I mean, the X-Div hasn't been important in god knows how long, so why not? Just get the X belt back on Jay Lethal (the most credible X-Div wrestler), and give them a program. I don't really care who wins, because I love them both. But this would hopefully create a tangible mid-card division. As much as I like the X-Division, something needs to happen soon, and if not, this seems like the best solution.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
No, I wouldn't like that to happen either, TNA just needs beef up their X roster since most of them are in the tag division right now. bringing back Petey and Dutt would be good, plus bringing in Pac, Extreme Tiger, Jack Evans, and Puma(or TJ Perkins). There is only really Robbie and Lethal right now, and I guess KEndrick and Red. I also wouldn't mind Jerry Lynn coming back

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
If they were going to do that, the way I would set that up is to have it conclude with an Ultimate X Match between Kazzarian, AJ Styles, & Rob Van Dam at Bound for Glory.

Do something where Ric Flair starts to favor Kazarian over AJ, which they could start setting up now that AJ has lost the TV Title. Kazarian looks like & acts like a guy who would be more in line with Flair's personality and after months & build up, have Fortune kick AJ out of the group (maybe replace him with Desmond Wolfe).

AJ tries to get revenge on Fortune and goes through all the members in various feuds (matches with Beer Money & Desmond) and maybe even working with other members of Immortal in various feuds (Abyss, Jarrett, maybe even Hardy). Kazarian cements himself as Flair's Golden Boy by defeating Douglas Williams for the TV Title. He wants to add more gold to his waist & throws his name into the hat for an X Title shot. Wanting to stop Kazarian, AJ gets back into the X Division too which culminates in a multi man match of some kind for the X Title involving AJ & Kaz as challengers. AJ gets the best of Kaz on this night & once again becomes the X Division Champion.

Rob Van Dam, in his battle against Immortal, finds himself wanting to take the TV Title away from Kazarian. They have a title match at No Surrender, but RVD loses following the cheating tactics of Flair. AJ comes out of the PPV still X Division Champion.

So, BFG season is up and AJ still wants revenge on Fortune while Kazarian still desires more greatness. AJ proposes an Ultimate X Match between the two, with the winner walking out with both championships. RVD throws his name in the hat saying that he was screwed out of the TV Title & wants Kazarian too. The match is signed. Ultimate X Match to determine the double champion & RVD's first Ultimate X Match. Sounds big on paper to me. For this to work, have ZERO UX matches between now & then.

Personally, I WOULDN'T unify the titles as I feel its more beneficial to have an exciting specialty division like the X Division & a strong midcard level title for those who don't fit into the specialty division but are talented & guys that might be suitable for future main events with some grooming. But if you are going to Unify the Belts, might as well make a big deal out of it, right?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Need's to happen. Unfortunately the X belt needs to RIP at this time. I've seen it in it's prime and it deserves to be put away for now. Tag belts need more TV time regardless so it would be best for the company.

AJ win the TV title back, Kaz wins the X Belt. Kaz turns on AJ becomes "Hollywood" Kaz as well as Fortunes new leader. Eventually they have a unification match at a PPV. Maybe a 2 out 3 fall match.

Kaz wins and it launches into the push he DESERVES.

RVD says he's the one that brought credibility to the TV title to NA television sets. He wants it back , Kaz/RVD have a feud. Kaz goes over.

·
HEADBANGA
24,142 Posts
If it's to happen with the current champs then chances are that ham and egger Robbie E might beat Williams for the title. :(

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
The X title was a good belt at the start of TNA. TNA needs to move forward. There are too many belts. Getting rid of the X title and the KO tag titles would be more then smart for TNA to do, which of course means they will not do either.

The only people who want to keep the X Division title around are the same people who think Mike Tenay should stay around and who think Dixie Carter should be calling the shots. These are the TNA apologists who like things the way they are despite it NOT working.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
The International Television Division Title

LOL

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The X title was a good belt at the start of TNA. TNA needs to move forward. There are too many belts. Getting rid of the X title and the KO tag titles would be more then smart for TNA to do, which of course means they will not do either.

The only people who want to keep the X Division title around are the same people who think Mike Tenay should stay around and who think Dixie Carter should be calling the shots. These are the TNA apologists who like things the way they are despite it NOT working.
That's a bit of stretch bro. I honestly enjoy the X-Division, but there is just no focus on it right now, which is sad considering EB helped showcase smaller wrestlers back in the WCW days. But it seems like the division is only comprised of two guys, then just unify it with the T.V title. The wrestlers don't even have to change their styles much, just give these obviously talented guys some direction.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
Bad idea both belts can be legit. Making them 1 would have no fit. Since they are different concepts. Both are amazing conepct belts.

Instead of doing anything wierd like that. Lets make it more simple and USE THEM haha.

·
Banned
315 Posts
I agree with shandcraig. They're not redundant. One is for the midcard-to-upper midcard, the other is for the light heavyweights. They each fill a void and give two separate portions of the roster something to fight over.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
I agree with shandcraig. They're not redundant. One is for the midcard-to-upper midcard, the other is for the light heavyweights. They each fill a void and give two separate portions of the roster something to fight over.

They also both kinda have 2 different styles of wrestling. With 2 different themes to it.

·
also known as a BUSTER
12,018 Posts
I would have done this back in the days of the Global title. Williams being the guy who knocked off Rob Terry would have been a huge boost for him and the X-Division in general.

·
Registered
155 Posts
more title defenses on TV, there's no shame in emulating the good aspects of vintage WCW, as long as it isn't the same old shit.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Am I the only person who thinks there should be a TV/X-Division unification match? I mean, the X-Div hasn't been important in god knows how long, so why not? Just get the X belt back on Jay Lethal (the most credible X-Div wrestler), and give them a program. I don't really care who wins, because I love them both. But this would hopefully create a tangible mid-card division. As much as I like the X-Division, something needs to happen soon, and if not, this seems like the best solution.
No they shouldn't be merged. The only reason the X-Division belt seems useless is because, well, TNA makes it useless. Right now you only got two guys feuding for that belt, one of them a guy who gets X-Pac Heat and another that isn't that established. So if anyone wants to say the X-Divsion sucks I don't blame them because it does. But to say the only solution is to completely get rid of it is pretty asinine. The X-Division as a whole is not the problem its Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan refusing to take it serious that is.

Honestly if TNA wanted to make it important they easily could. Same with the Midcard scene. Its just for whatever reason Bischoff and Hogan feel Fist Pump contests, fake MMA fights, and retarded referee storylines deserve more time than actually establishing a legit X-Division and Mid Card Division.

How is the X-Title holding the company back? The X-Division once gave a unique flavor to TNA and I see no reason why it can't co-exist with the Heavyweight. Getting rid of it would do nothing but destroy any identity TNA once had. The amount of titles within a company don't matter as long as their's a legit reason as to why the titles exist and I don't see how X-Title serves no purpose. The knockout titles are a different story though.....

The X-Division not working? Its what got TNA ON THE MAP. For them to completely shit all over what got them here in the first place is the biggest slap in the face to all the guys that busted their ass making TNA a worthy company. It also shows how much Jeff Jarret and Dixie Carter treasure and appreciate its success.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No they shouldn't be merged. The only reason the X-Division belt seems useless is because, well, TNA makes it useless. Right now you only got two guys feuding for that belt, one of them a guy who gets X-Pac Heat and another that isn't that established. So if anyone wants to say the X-Divsion sucks I don't blame them because it does. But to say the only solution is to completely get rid of it is pretty asinine. The X-Division as a whole is not the problem its Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan refusing to take it serious that is.
You're actually not wrong. What I don't get is why Bischoff isn't all over the X-Division, seeing as how the cruiserweight title was so popular in WCW. And I'm hoping with Williams at the helm of the T.V Championship division, we will be getting some awesome matches with more title defenses. And a new belt design, God willing.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Should've happen during Douglas Williams reign as X-Division Champion.
He was beating every contender they put in front of him and the division was getting less tv time.

For the past few months the only X-division wrestlers getting any tv time who are'nt involved in the major storylines have been the two wrestlers currently fighting for the belt.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts