Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the latest on the new 'major' promotion? Not heard anything in a while just wondering if anyone can get me up to date? Thanks

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
Here's the latest:

There is no recent news. The promotion is on the verge of announcing its abortion.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Nobody knows, I think they were mad at the internet sites spilling the beans before they even got a chance to come up with a plan. So they went on hiatus.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I read somewhere that their financial backing went away so now the promotion is pretty much dead in the water. Kind of a shame because it sounded like there were going to be some pretty talented performers jumping to WWP.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
I read somewhere that their financial backing went away so now the promotion is pretty much dead in the water. Kind of a shame because it sounded like there were going to be some pretty talented performers jumping to WWP.
but the financial backing is it's own family.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Looks like they have pretty much ended before they started.

To Invest in the wrestling business in todays market is an extremley big risk, so I doubt the "backers" wanted to go ahead with the whole thing.

They most likely opted out knowing that WWP wasn't gonna work, especially since they hardly had any major trustworthy contacts in the wrestling business.

If the backers indeed wanted to invest, then they would be better of investing in WWE (that's if they still are a PLC, although McMahon would never sell of his major stake), TNA or even a ROH-WSL merger to eventually create WWP.

Starting a company from scratch in todays economic climate is a no no.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,164 Posts
Can't say I'm surprised that this company doesn't look like it will ever come to life.

·
Banned
20 Posts
First acquisitions

Shawn Spears (ex-WWE, ECW brand)
Rudy Charles (ex-TNA referee) - senior referee
Kenny Dykstra (ex-WWE)
Jon Moxley (DG USA & CZW)
Trevor Murdoch (ex-TNA & WWE)

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
didn't the x divsion guys threaten to jump ship to this 2 months back?

Kevin Kleinrock the talent coordinator quit and has moved on to another start up promotion called Lucha Las Vegas.
you serious? :confused:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts