Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I recently learned about this and was wondering if anyone had any memories of it?

Copy and Pasted from Pro Wrestling Wikia for those who don't know:

WWF Super Astros was a program that showed mostly wrestlers of foreign descent wrestle in the WWF that aired from 1998 to 1999 and was mainly used as a vehicle to promote the WWF in Latin American countries. It was hosted by Carlos Cabrera and Hugo Savinovich, who were the Spanish announce team. Interviews were handled by Maria Felipe. The program had a stable of Mexican wrestlers such as El Hijo del Santo and ***** Casas that competed in Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (AAA), Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre (CMLL), or other promotions around the world. Storylines were created within the program only with the Mexican stars. They competed against the stable in cruiserweight style matches and in AAA and CMLL style matches (mostly tag team and six-man tag). The program lasted half of a year with its final show airing on June 6, 1999.

There's bound to be some hidden gem matches on here, no?

Here's the first episode. I skipped through it and it looks like a fun, easy watch

·
Likes wrestling....
11,021 Posts
I barely remember these....

Armando Hernandez is Tarzan Boy. Guess they did not care for that name lol.
Christopher Hernandez is Zorro, who had a really nice career in AAA.
El Merenguero is Hurricane Castillo aka Jesus Castillo of Los Boricuas
Super Loco is of course Super Crazy.
Interesting to see El Hijo Del Santo on the show.

Thanks for posting this.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Never watched an episode. Don't even know what channel it aired on in the US, or whether it aired here at all.

But I do remember seeing El Hijo del Santo work a Super Astros match live at a 1998 Raw taping in Baltimore. Knew the name from reading the Apter Mags.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts