Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 5 6.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Christian is the most wasted talent of the last decade. But since it appears we're going all-time here, he does not get my vote.

That would be Owen Hart.

One of the great mysteries in wrestling history that shall never be solved is how Bret got pushed so much farther than his younger brother despite the fact Owen was infinitely more charismatic, an infinitely better talker, infinitely more interesting, and - yeah, I'll say it - a better wrestler. It's staggering how many times WWE botched the opportunity to not only push Owen permanently into the main event, but make him champion. After he won KOTR in '94 it seemed like he was destined to reach the pinnacle, but it just never happened.

He should have won the belt from Bret at SummerSlam '94 - everything had built so perfectly, from his jealousy over Bret winning the title at WrestleMania 10, to KOTR, all the way to that night. But...it didn't happen. Why? Who the hell knows.

WWE had another golden opportunity in late 1997. After Montreal, Owen was the last Hart remaining, and should have been put into an epic title feud with Shawn Michaels...but it didn't happen. Why? Who the hell knows.

Would Owen have ultimately made it? Maybe. But Vince Russo killed him, so we'll never know.

Tragic in so many ways.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I'd go with Ludvig Borga, the guy seemed destined for good things until his career was ended by an ankle injury.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
I'd just like to point out the obvious, which is that the poll options are rather ridiculous. Ted DiBiase Sr. and Funaki on the same list? Did Funaki have talent? I can't recall such a thing.

While my vote stays with Owen, I'd like to add Mr. Perfect to the list. I don't know if WWE necessarily wasted him, but WCW sure as hell did.

·
Sgt. Pepper
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd just like to point out the obvious, which is that the poll options are rather ridiculous. Ted DiBiase Sr. and Funaki on the same list? Did Funaki have talent? I can't recall such a thing.

While my vote stays with Owen, I'd like to add Mr. Perfect to the list. I don't know if WWE necessarily wasted him, but WCW sure as hell did.
Are you serious? Go and watch Funkai when he was in Japan and then get back to me, also the fact that Ted DiBiase never won a WWE Championship is a joke.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
People always say Owen in a topic like this, but considering that he might have wrestled for 3-5 years more after 1999, you'd have to think that he'd probably have won the wwf/wwe/wcw title at least once during those years.

·
Asuka
96,358 Posts
Christian, then Regal. By far.

Kennedy is the best one on that list but I can't call him wasted considering WWE TRIED to build him into the heel counterpart to Cena/Triple H, with being Vince's son and headlining WM, but he got suspended. His fault. Then there's the injuries, eventually he got released, and well, they tried. Hard. It's not WWE's fault this time.

Still, like Randy Orton, he SHOULD have been given chance after chance after chance and not been allowed to fail. His potential was too high.

·
Banned
18,557 Posts
Rick Martel - Great heel. Should've been Intercontinental Champion at some point.

Owen Hart - If he didn't injure Austin, a Stone Cold Vs. Owen Hart WWF Championship feud could've happened.

Shelton Benjamin - deserved to win Money In The Bank since he was a major factor in the stipulation match being so great and memorable.

Christian - deserves to be World Heavyweight Champion at some point.

Mr. Kennedy - robbed of a world title win because of a dumbass doctor.

William Regal - Should be main event material

Ultimo Dragon - How Ultimo got treated was a disgrace!

MVP - Definitely world title contender

Sean O'Haire - If he could've only talked, his WWE career would've been amazing. He would've fit well with Evolution.

Ted Dibiase - Nothing more I can add.

Shane Douglas - I liked Dean Douglas, but The Franchise would've fit right in the Attitude Era. Imagine how Austin Vs. Douglas could've been!
Past: Hennig, Roberts, and Dibiase

Present: Christian, Kennedy, and Porter

- Vic

·
Registered
601 Posts
How was Ted DiBiase wasted? Why? Because he never won the world title? Pshhh. This generation is spoiled. Everyone and their uncle wins the world title now. DiBiase will go down as a bigger wrestling name than practically 99% of all these current "world champs".

From 1988 to 1991, DiBiase was consistently featured in some of the most prominent feuds throughout the WWF. There were only a handful of superstars - at best - who got more attention and more exposure during that time period. He was one of the big boys. In no way, shape, or form was he "wasted".

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
I wanna say Million Dollar Man but he was basically a Main Eventer already despite not being the Federation Champion. Shane Douglas was a waste too, I mean he was such a talented guy and they fucking saddle him with a Teacher gimmick?! fpalm.

But in recent years, the biggest waste would probably be MVP, Christian, and Regal.

·
"The Sex Tornado"
2,260 Posts
MVP had such a tremendous upside in his rookie year. He had a good program with Kane that transferred in to a US title feud with Benoit, then to what a lot of people called the 2nd best feud of 2007 with Matt Hardy. Then in 2008, after taking Batista to the limit and being placed in a mini-feud with Jeff Hardy, they wasted it by have him endure that fucked up losing streak. His career was doomed from there as WWE turned him face when he was drafted to RAW and he really never played that big of a factor on WWE TV since.

As for Mr. Kennedy (now Anderson), if Orton was able to get chance after chance after chance for 5 fucking years, then why could WWE not have the same patience with KK? He had a truck load of potential, as JR would say.

I'm probably the only one who thinks WWE wasted Val Venis and Billy Gunn as potential main eventers.

Also, Regal was made for main events. He could have been a huge name as a top level heel if given a proper opportunity.

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts
How was Ted DiBiase wasted? Why? Because he never won the world title? Pshhh. This generation is spoiled. Everyone and their uncle wins the world title now. DiBiase will go down as a bigger wrestling name than practically 99% of all these current "world champs".

From 1988 to 1991, DiBiase was consistently featured in some of the most prominent feuds throughout the WWF. There were only a handful of superstars - at best - who got more attention and more exposure during that time period. He was one of the big boys. In no way, shape, or form was he "wasted".
THANK YOU!!!! My goodness you took the words out of my mouth. How can a guy who had his own championship created for him wasted?? DiBiase did as much as the other main eventers did except win the big one. But the man was one of the biggest stars back in his day and is a WWE legend right now. He was NOT wasted. He was everything BUT that.

Now if you wanna talk about wasted, let's look at a guy who was simply one word, PERFECT! Curt Hennig was everything you wanted in a wrestler. He was the total package. He had the size, the charisma, the mic skills, and was one of the best in the ring. He was the true total package and it was such a shame that he never got more than the IC and US title. The guy had WWE champion written all over him and for him to be a mid-carder like he was, it was a crime.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I'm biased here, but WWE really missed the boat on Ultimo. I know it's next to impossible to get Asian guys over in WWE, or at least WWE doesn't know how to get them over, but either way, one of the greatest talents of our time and he didn't get to do really anything in WWE.

Also, Sean O'Haire has no business on this list.
For the opposite reasons, Ted Dibiase and the Model have no business on this list.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Are you serious? Go and watch Funkai when he was in Japan and then get back to me, also the fact that Ted DiBiase never won a WWE Championship is a joke.
Agreed, which makes it all the more confusing that you're including Funaki in this group. Do you honestly think Funaki could've been WWE Champion?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts