Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Source: PWInsider:

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/54...-what-everyone-thought-they-would-be.html?p=1

WWE announced today that based on currently available data it believes that earnings per share for the fourth quarter, which ended December 31st, 2010, will be in a range of $0.08 to $0.10. Analysts' average estimate for fourth quarter EPS is $0.16 per share. They added:

"These results are preliminary and subject to the completion and review of the 2010 financial statements by the Company (including its Audit Committee) and its independent auditors. The Company is continuing to review its financial and operating results and actual results may differ from the earnings per share estimates contained herein. Until completion of that process, the Company is not in a position to discuss individual aspects of its financial results, which will be disclosed in the normal course."

It is never a good thing to come in that far under what Wall Street analysts expect for your stock. The fact that they released this information on a Friday after the market closed is not a great sign either. WWE had been paying a dividend on their stock that comes largely from cash reserves, which are still ample. Wall Street has wanted the company to show that they can get more of the dividend that they pay out from earnings rather than reserves. This news most probably will not sit well on the street.
And: http://www.pwinsider.com/article/54541/wwes-earnings-news-triggers-massive-sell-off.html?p=1 and http://www.pwinsider.com/article/54543/wwe-stock-update.html?p=1 and http://www.pwinsider.com/article/54556/ap-picks-up-on-wwe-stock-slide-talents-worried.html?p=1

There are already mid-card performers for the company wondering if and when the firing ax will fall since WWE told all of those that were released in the last round that they were let go due to business being soft.
Obviously not the greatest of news for them.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Wouldn't be surprised if Tyler Reks, and a handful of the NXT Season 2 rookies get axed, and maybe a long-standing and valued veteran within the company who'll ask --and be granted-- for his release.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
Ouch.

It's hard to say who they can release at the moment. Particularly over on the Smackdown brand, which feels "thin" at the moment.

I could, however, see WWE opting to call up more guys from FCW who they can work on cheaper contracts while axing more "established" superstars, so that the cogs of the machine are still functional and operating while costing less.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
I just made a post about Curt Hawkins being under-appreciated/underused and compared him to MVP. I think that effectively ended his WWE career. Bye Curt. :(

·
Registered
417 Posts
Bye Primo thanks for coming. darren young?

Bad news, but every cloud has a silver lining.

If they have to release a lot of superstars, then maybe with Wrestlemania marking the end and start of a new Wrestling year maybe it time they serious look in to doing away with the brand extension.

United the roster. Unify the world and WWE title, keep the United States and Intercontinental championships.

Whilst the roster would be smaller, it would freshen things up a bit.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Can't fire too many -- they need 40 performers every Saturday/Sunday night. Could probably cut a few divas (Rosa,Bella Twins at a guess). Don't like Joey Mercury's chances of keeping away from the unemployment line. A few Raw guys must be worried.

Likely bet is clearing of FCW.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Most likely candidates for a boot:

Alicia Fox
Eve Torres
Khali
Yoshi Tatsu
Chris Masters
Curt Hawkins
Joey Mercury
JTG
Kelly Kelly
Rosa Mendes
Tyler Reks
Todd Grisham

·
Registered
417 Posts

Alicia Fox
Eve Torres
Khali
Yoshi Tatsu
Chris Masters
Curt Hawkins
Joey Mercury
JTG
Kelly Kelly
Rosa Mendes
Tyler Reks
Todd Grisham
I dont think Kelly Kelly will as shes wite popular with the Fans and does a lot of work at things like Axxess etc.

Khali might go, but for commercial reasons in the Indian market I dont think he will

Eve is quite over backstage supposedly. and whilst the Diva's division is awful, they wont just cut people for the hell of it.

The others you mentioned are probably spot on.

Oh and is Gail Kim still with the WWE???

·
Banned
2,673 Posts
I'm very interested to see how the next quarter turns out. I have little doubt that Wrestlemania is going to do poorly along with their house shows in general. I'm just wondering to what extent. This has been a really bad year for WWE ever since the departures of Batista and Shawn. The absence of Triple H and Undertaker along with a general lack of starpower isn't helping either.

WWE really need to sit down and focus. They're way too haphazard in their booking right now. They need to build a long-term plan and stick to it. The Nexus angle was actually a good idea. It just suffered from poor execution and the fact that the show had nothing else going for it.

The other huge, and I do mean huge, problem is Smackdown. I think it shows the state of the show when Kane is your champion for several months. I have much respect for him (he really is an upstanding employee for the WWE) but he should be never have been a champion in what is an important time for the WWE. The other big issue is the fact that aside from Kane, WWE is having to rely on stars like Edge and Taker for leading roles. These men have never been good in that role.

It's a sorry state for the company.

They need to ensure that with the coming draft, they give each roster a proper leading man which allows them to set a different tone for the coming years. As well as focus on continuing to build some more stars. CM Punk needs to be established this coming Wrestlemania so they have someone else up there in credibility. And they need to continue working on The Miz/Sheamus. What I would also recommend is focusing on maybe Christian. I'm saying this because he's a veteran who with a little help could probably make for a good low-tier main event star.

What that will do is allow them time to really build Alberto Del Rio and Dolph Ziggler for something bigger in 2012.

The rosters do need changing however.

Keep Cena on Raw, but send Orton to Smackdown as the leading man. To further add to the change, send Triple H to Smackdown and bring Undertaker to Raw (for what will likely be his final year). That's a good balance there.

There is absolutely no reason for Triple H to be on Raw right now. He'll be much better on Smackdown. And there is absolutely no reason for Undertaker to be on Smackdown. He'll be much better on Raw.

That's a big change and it's a good one.

It allows Undertaker to potentially work with The Miz and Sheamus along with the big feud with Cena.

And Triple H can work with the likes of Alberto Del Rio and Dolph Ziggler while still open to a huge blockbuster with Rey Mysterio down the line.

You can easily build a solid supporting cast around both Orton and Cena with an aim to really get things off the ground by the time 2013 rolls around.

However, it's important to give both a solid second man. Triple H and Undertaker have both been on their respective shows far too long. Even when they sent Triple H to Smackdown, they messed up because he was in the middle of the most pointless reign I've seen in a decade.

They lack focus. That's all there is to it.

Sometimes you just need to show the world that things are changing. They're doing a poor job of that because they've been rushing stars to the stop. That's not the same thing as a controlled and effective change.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Oh and is Gail Kim still with the WWE???
I was gonna mention Gail Kim but I figured that maybe the WWE would keep her around to feud with Kong eventually because of their rivalry in TNA. Knowing the WWE though they'ed prolly feel its not worth the time and not give it the time of day.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
I'm sure Dixie Carter has her cheque book ready.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
See ya Cena :(

LOLOLOLJK
No but, thanks for all your work Reks. :\

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
I'm sure Dixie Carter has her cheque book ready.
I was going to post something like this.

It is a sad day to see something like this. Maybe we will be lucky and older talent(not being used) will be kicked before the younger ones. Hate to see younger talent just starting to make a name for them selves kicked.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
This is a good example of why cutthroat capitalism fails, hardcore. Because of a fluctuation in the stock market, something a wrestler busting his ass 300 days a year in the ring had nothing to do with, he might be arbitrarily fired for it and lose his means of feeding his family. In a fair world, why would changes in the stock market be corrected by firing low level workers? That's just apples and oranges.. WWE should instead address WHY their stock is falling, WHY wrestling is becoming less relevant by the year, and WHY the people that actually make decisions in the company have lead them down this path.

Here's a hint for them: it's not any midcard wrestler's fault, its this PG nonsense that's turned so many people away from the product and towards UFC.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts

Alicia Fox
Eve Torres
Khali
Yoshi Tatsu
Chris Masters
Curt Hawkins
Joey Mercury
JTG
Kelly Kelly
Rosa Mendes
Tyler Reks
Todd Grisham
So we can expect to see all of these names in a TNA ring before 2011 is out with The Great Khali being TNA World champion and Rosa Mendes as Knockout champion whilst Todd Grisham will become part of a three man announce team and learn from Mike Tenay on how to become an announer and possibly even find himself a a trainee booker and learning from Vince Russo.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
So we can expect to see all of these names in a TNA ring before 2011 is out with The Great Khali being TNA World champion and Rosa Mendes as Knockout champion whilst Todd Grisham will become part of a three man announce team and learn from Mike Tenay on how to become an announer and possibly even find himself a a trainee booker and learning from Vince Russo.
Sounds like someone has the blueprint on how to put TNA out of business. :side:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts