Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Thanks for the memories, Shawn.
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It kind of just hit me. I think the WWE created 2 Nexus' just to remind us of what happened to the NWO in WCW. But rather creating multiple groups and letting it go to shit, (they just started the second group so give it time), they're gonna show us how it should be done.

First off, they're won't be 30 guys in the group. So far, each group has 4. I can see each group getting at one more member, and hopefully just that. The feud should culiminate at SummerSlam in a 5 on 5 match.

So far, they just made both groups look somewhat strong. CM Punk's group just had their intiation and I'm sure tomorrow, they'll lookbetter against Cena.

Barrett's group just took down the Big Show, and Friday, they'll do it again.

With all those rumors of that WCW-themed Hall of Fame this year, maybe the WWE scratched that and settled on reliving the biggest feud in WCE history. Thoughts?

·
ゴゴゴゴゴゴ&#
3,168 Posts
Nexus Wolfpac!

Could be interesting, like to see where they'll take this

·
Banned
3,146 Posts
But rather creating multiple groups and letting it go to shit
So...are you trying to tell me they didn't let the Raw Nexus go to shit?

One superstar took every single one of them out, and now it's just CM Punk, 2 NXT rejects, and David Otunga.

·
I live in a pineapple....under the sea.
530 Posts
it has some resembalance....but it wont have the same impact, because if what your saying is right then its just a rehashed storyline

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
It kind of just hit me. I think the WWE created 2 Nexus' just to remind us of what happened to the NWO in WCW. But rather creating multiple groups and letting it go to shit, (they just started the second group so give it time), they're gonna show us how it should be done.
lol at this. WWE Creative will never show anyone "how it should be done" anymore.

The reason, in my opinion, NWO Wolfpac didn't make sense was because, for years, I was told by WCW that the NWO is bad, they're "losers". Then one day, NWO Wolfpac is formed and they are okay?

As bad as that was, Nexus is much worse as the group didn't make sense once they hit week 2. It's an INVASION. So after the first week's attack, you remember what they did? They started off the show with a VIDEO PACKAGE and had a LIVE MIC. Who the hell let's people invade and then let's them in their ring with a LIVE MIC?

Not to mention the whole CM Punk thing makes no sense. But that's another topic of another thread.

So, WWE will not show "how it should be done" because there are more illogical aspects of the Nexus storyline in their short months existence, than there are for years of the N.W.O. storyline.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
With Eric Bishoff booking TNA that show is the new WCW. WWE is actually a decent show at the moment. The Smackdown Nexus probably won't last long. I'm betting till Wrestlemania. It's just a weak way to book Barret. They must feel he can't be a singles competitor yet, which is sad. A solo feud vs Big Show could have been a great way to book him to Wrestlemania.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
It is a lot more like the 'New Blood' to me than the NWO. Hot-shotting a bunch of new guys, and giving them big airtime, and hoping the fans get some emotional attachment to them after the fact, rather than building characters from the ground up.

·
Banned
9,124 Posts
I sort of agree with this actually. And it's interesting you mentioned the Atlanta Wrestlemania because I thought the same thing when I saw the thread title.

Nexus isn't exactly like the nWo, but it's definitely the same concept. That whole idea Eric Bischoff took from New Japan, where you had a faction within a promotion that's single purpose was to overtake the promotion itself (wish I could remember the name of the original group from New Japan).

But yeah, both Nexus and nWo were based on that idea, so the similarities are definitely there.

·
Really?
184 Posts
As bad as that was, Nexus is much worse as the group didn't make sense once they hit week 2. It's an INVASION. So after the first week's attack, you remember what they did? They started off the show with a VIDEO PACKAGE and had a LIVE MIC. Who the hell let's people invade and then let's them in their ring with a LIVE MIC?
Not to mention I highly doubt they're supposed to let people who got into the show with a ticket storm over to the ring and AA Heath Slater through the announce table. That's assault. WWE has always been like that with storylines though, you gotta try and not read into things like that too much.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
If it's going to be Cena vs. Orton then I think they'll do the 5 on 5 match at WM27 but then have Undertaker interfere and beat up everyone. I'd rather have that then him in another match with Kane.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts