Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Internet Wrestling fans! My name is Straightedge916 and right now i kinda wanna talk about, what WWE can do to solve the constant unhappiness with the PG rating.

As some of you may know, WWE Smackdown has ALWAYS been PG, after all we've seen on there in the past. Which gives me a great idea. WWE is currently in the stage where they wanna move on with fans. They want to go onto the younger fans. But the refuse to except the fact that they still have older fans who don't want to let go to what they grew up with. That being Violence, Sex, and more edgy storylines.

Even the WWE Superstars are wanting to leave the company now because of the direction the company is going. There are a list of Superstars who were in WWE when the company was in it's "Good Era" (1996-2006). And now they are just being buried in the dirt, because Johnny Ace and the rest of Talent Relations wants to put the younger guys over. I understand why they want to do it, because they are preparing and making their new stars for the next decade, but they need to know that until those older guys are completely done, you can't just disrespect them and kill what they were. Put them in a rivalry or something. There are a list of guys who are still in WWE who are being disrespected. People like Goldust and Mark Henry who are killing their bodies by traveling to every show and being away from family and home, and they are losing to people like "Dashing" Cody Rhodes.

Anyways, one thing the WWE can and should do is Seperate the shows. Raw should be the show for older audience with sex, violence, and things we love and miss. Superstars like HHH and Orton should be on that brand along with the older guys. Smackdown should be the one with the WWE's current stage, the kid friendly, PG, and family like show. With superstars like John Cena, and Kofi Kingston, and Rey Mysterio.

NXT should turn into more of a Tough Enough show. The hardcore training and reality of becoming a WWE superstar. I think this will better prepare kids who wanna be WWE Superstars know what they need to do, and the ones who don't wanna go through that will already know, and won't waste theirs and WWE's time by signing up. WWE should also get a set of writers who should stick to Raw and some to stick to SD. WWE needs King (semi-heel) and J.R. for Raw and Michael Cole (as a face) and Matt Striker (heel), who needs to take a role as more of a color commentator and not a play-by-play commentator, on Smackdown. Basically SD and Raw should operate as if they were different companies again, like back when Stephanie McMahon was the GM of SD and Eric Bishoff was GM of Raw. Raw again should be TV-14 and SD should be TV-G like they have always been. Let me know your thoughts, is it a good idea or no?

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
You have GOT to be fucking with me, bro. Paragraphs, and that's just the start.

Reactions: D-XFann9933

·
Registered
40 Posts
Lol, I accidentally read the same sentence like three times! Break that up into some paragraphs and I may read it, otherwise tl;dr.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I agree that Raw and Smackdown need to be treated as separate shows (if that means giving Smackers the Cruiser title back or making the Divas a brand in and of themselves who can travel between shows or whatever). But stacking one show or the other with older talent limits the building of new stars (as they need older stars to go over) and makes one show easily become stale as hell (they might be stale now but that is because of other things, not lack of new blood).

Certain audiences need to get with the times. The Attitude Era isn't returning and you don't need swearing and bikinis (or thongs and body paint) to make good television. You need good writing and the courage to trust the younget talent. The bans on blood (although no one was jumping to patch Kane up during TLC) and certain spots are there as health precautions, not just because.

·
Registered
854 Posts
No. You can't go back to stuff that has already happened and you have to move on and put over guys that are young because weather you want to believe it or not guys like "Dashing" Cody Rhodes are the future of the WWE. If you continue to have guys like Triple H at the top of the company then what the hell would you do when he retires in a year or so. Shit would hit the fans. In this industry you can't be afraid to try new things. Putting young talent over is a must.

Look at what happened to WCW they didn't want to put young guys over, but instead they wanted to stick with what they knew and have guys like Hogan and Flair at the top of the company when they were way past their prime. People need to honestly stop living in the past and what are you talking about seperate writers. They already have them for each show. And I don't know if you know this or not but Goldust and "Dashing" Cody Rhodes are family. Jim Ross is done with commentating and The King is slowly fading away.

And no again tough enough was horrible. Let kids know what they are going to have to go through to become a WWE Superstar. You will have to go through a lot more than what they show ont hat show. It doesn't happen overnight, it takes years of traning and you have to be completley commited. Mark Henry wrestles like one match a month and the match last for 2 minutes so I don't see where your going with that one either. And one more thing how is this your idea when all of the stuff you have stated above have already been done before.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts