Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate starting threads like this but there were so many obvious booking errors tonight that I felt the need to point them all out.

Opening tag - Big Show and Kane once again go over the young talent. Identical booking to the ending of the Royal Rumble match which resulted in a huge backlash against the company, and so they do the exact same thing again? Ziggler, Rowan, Ryback and Rollins all come out looking like chumps.

Goldust vs Stardust - The match was supposed to put over Stardust's new psychotic character, so Goldust wins by roll-up? And then Stardust beats him down backstage? WTF, who is that supposed to benefit? Both guys look weak.

Nikki Bella vs Paige - No payoff to the bullying storyline for Paige. They will probably try to continue this rivalry but they have no reason to since Nikki won clean.

Barrett vs Ambrose - I don't even know what to say about this. One of the most unsatisfying endings to a match that I can remember (and not in a way that draws any heat for the heel), and then they had Ambrose 'steal' the title? Nobody wants to see wishy-washy overbooked bullshit like this, nobody is going to be happy that Ambrose is holding the title when he isn't the champion, it just defeats the purpose and makes both guys look like shit.

Bray Wyatt segment - Extremely anticlimatic way to reveal that Wyatt was talking about Undertaker. The first time Wyatt mentioned Undertaker and the first gong strike should have been a huge deal, but instead it's ruined with some fake entrance bullshit that doesn't make sense for Wyatt's character and ruins the mystique of their first confrontation. Imagine tomorrow on Raw, Wyatt could've come out with his usual entrance and done the exact same promo and the first mention of 'Undertaker' would've resulted in a huge pop, as would the first strike of Undertaker's gong. Instead as usual they overbooked and botched an extremely straightforward angle.

Reigns vs Bryan - Horrible booking and pacing for this match. It should've been a brawl, but instead they had Reigns trying to sell some bullshit injury for half the match and playing an underdog role that he's completely unsuited for, which in turn exposed Bryan's limited moveset and made both guys look shit. People always joke about 'make Roman look strong' but this really didn't make him look strong at all, and at a time when he most needs to look strong going into a match with Lesnar. As usual, WWE completely missed the distinction between a dominant ass-kicking babyface (what Reigns should be) and a vulnerable underdog babyface-in-peril that we're supposed to feel sympathy for (what Reigns should not be but how he was booked in this match). Having Reigns come back and win with one move at the end was a total facepalm moment. Reigns was booked like Cena in this match, it's like the company are deliberately trying to get him booed.

At least they put Rusev over Cena, probably the only good decision of the night. Too bad they couldn't do that for Wyatt last year, who would've benefited a hell of a lot more than Rusev.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
It was generally an awful PPV but the opening 6 man tag and the IC title match were beyond words. Why Big Show and Kane are still going over in 2015 is just a mystery to me.

I liked the Bray segment and the rest just felt like a Smackdown episode.

·
Hug Life 'til I Die
19,011 Posts
How about when Cole said Kidd landed on Uso's leg and it was his head. :vince

·
Ho!
19,156 Posts
The Wyatt segment was excellent and easily the best part of the show, but I agree with everything else you said. Also add in Sting/HHH, them trying to force this as the WWE icon vs. WCW icon, the stupid holding HHH up with a baseball bat angle they did to force him into it, the terribly long promo HHH cut and the weak "fight" that followed and the biggest feud for Mania is looking terrible. I don't even want to get into the segments HHH had the past two Raws which didn't do it any favors either.

So yeah, only good feud so far is Taker/Wyatt. Rusev going over Cena was right but I don't want the feud to continue. Let someone else take down Rusev. May as well let Bryan be the guy to give him something somewhat meaningful to do.

·
Banned
1,492 Posts
Thanks for the free month Vince... Oh wait, how about no thanks.

The free month of the network is just payment for me watching your shitty show and give you TV ratings.

I will not be paying for the network.

·
There's A Fine Line Between Genius And Insanity. I
17,319 Posts
It was a great filler PPV. people like to cry about every little intricate detail.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Doesn't matter if he could or not, he's not being paid to write for WWE. WWE writers are paid to entertain fans and all they did last night was piss them off.
I didn't like Roman's win either, but I can live with that. I never complain about anything that WWE does.

·
Lightning in the dark with a burning heart. &#1282
3,559 Posts
Oh man, even worst than Reign winning was the ending of the IC Match. So, Ambrose waste all this weeks saying how much he wanst the title, but he got himself DQ? That was so stupid.

Reactions: Chris JeriG.O.A.T

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
OP I literally agree with every word you said with the exception of the Wyatt segment. I loved it.

Reactions: ThunderJet88

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
Kane pins Ziggler. That is by far the worst pinning combination that they could have done which is probably why they did it.

How about Mr MITB getting the pin or Rowans eats the pin but no.

50 year old Kane pins popular mid card act Dolph Ziggler.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OP I literally agree with every word you said with the exception of the Wyatt segment. I loved it.
The segment itself was fine, Wyatt's promo was fine but it could've been way, way more effective. Like I said, imagine that Wyatt comes out without the casket and does the same promo, the place would've exploded when he finally said "I will take the soul of the Undertaker". And then they could've had Taker's gong hit while Wyatt dropped to his knees laughing, it would've been such an epic moment. Instead what we got was good, but nowhere near as good as it could and should've been.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Thank you sir for saving me the time I would have spent posting the exact same thing (I would have shit on Reigns a lot more though). Every match was either boring or seemed completely botched. When the highlight of a PPV is Nattie's husband beating Naomi's husband, we have some real problems. I couldn't even enjoy Rusev whooping Cena because I know Cena is going to beat him at wrestlemania. Boring and stupid and boring. And stupid.

Plus, can anybody explain why Ambrose got DQ'd? I don't even get it. Reigns did way more illegal blows at one point in his match and the ref didn't say anything. It just seems like they aren't trying.

·
Registered
277 Posts
How about that weirdo creeper camera they had in the turnbuckle for the Bella vs Paige finish. I was laughing with shock of how weird it came off. Those cameras on the turnbuckle posts were really stupid IMO. They don't need MORE cameras, they fuck up the realism of all the moves as it is. Always cut to a new angle the minute a move is executed. Takes away all the realism and was way more enjoyable when they just rolled the one angle during a move. I thought even having the extra cameras and how they did it was a botch.

IC title results are so disappointed and retarded. It didn't even make sense for the ref to do it and it was so bitchy, Ambrose should have hit Dirty Deeds on that chud of a ref.

Now both guys look like assholes.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I hate starting threads like this but there were so many obvious booking errors tonight that I felt the need to point them all out.

Opening tag - Big Show and Kane once again go over the young talent. Identical booking to the ending of the Royal Rumble match which resulted in a huge backlash against the company, and so they do the exact same thing again? Ziggler, Rowan, Ryback and Rollins all come out looking like chumps.

Goldust vs Stardust - The match was supposed to put over Stardust's new psychotic character, so Goldust wins by roll-up? And then Stardust beats him down backstage? WTF, who is that supposed to benefit? Both guys look weak.

Nikki Bella vs Paige - No payoff to the bullying storyline for Paige. They will probably try to continue this rivalry but they have no reason to since Nikki won clean.

Barrett vs Ambrose - I don't even know what to say about this. One of the most unsatisfying endings to a match that I can remember (and not in a way that draws any heat for the heel), and then they had Ambrose 'steal' the title? Nobody wants to see wishy-washy overbooked bullshit like this, nobody is going to be happy that Ambrose is holding the title when he isn't the champion, it just defeats the purpose and makes both guys look like shit.

Bray Wyatt segment - Extremely anticlimatic way to reveal that Wyatt was talking about Undertaker. The first time Wyatt mentioned Undertaker and the first gong strike should have been a huge deal, but instead it's ruined with some fake entrance bullshit that doesn't make sense for Wyatt's character and ruins the mystique of their first confrontation. Imagine tomorrow on Raw, Wyatt could've come out with his usual entrance and done the exact same promo and the first mention of 'Undertaker' would've resulted in a huge pop, as would the first strike of Undertaker's gong. Instead as usual they overbooked and botched an extremely straightforward angle.

Reigns vs Bryan - Horrible booking and pacing for this match. It should've been a brawl, but instead they had Reigns trying to sell some bullshit injury for half the match and playing an underdog role that he's completely unsuited for, which in turn exposed Bryan's limited moveset and made both guys look shit. People always joke about 'make Roman look strong' but this really didn't make him look strong at all, and at a time when he most needs to look strong going into a match with Lesnar. As usual, WWE completely missed the distinction between a dominant ass-kicking babyface (what Reigns should be) and a vulnerable underdog babyface-in-peril that we're supposed to feel sympathy for (what Reigns should not be but how he was booked in this match). Having Reigns come back and win with one move at the end was a total facepalm moment. Reigns was booked like Cena in this match, it's like the company are deliberately trying to get him booed.

At least they put Rusev over Cena, probably the only good decision of the night. Too bad they couldn't do that for Wyatt last year, who would've benefited a hell of a lot more than Rusev.
I enjoyed the show.

I agree that the opening tag was booked pretty bad. But you have to look at from the perspective of the match being built around Orton's return. Having the "dominant heel" tag team beat the faces allowed Orton to come out and destroy more credible heels than If they had lost. Of course Rollins got away but it was a good way to keep Orton wanting to get his hands on him. And Seth looks like a credible chickensh*t XD.

I thought Goldust only went over to give him a win so Stardust chases the win @mania. What is Stardust's motive to beat him again at Mania if he already beat Goldust tonight? I actually thought that their segments and match were pretty good.

Dean v BNB was bad mostly in the fact that their match did not deliver. I liked the build to the match but the ending was definitely strange too. Dean once again screws himself out of a win b/c he is crazy. It was just putting over his character. Maybe some time in the near future he will win the IC title. For now he holds it hostage.

Nikki went over Paige dirty by a cheap rollup where she pulled her trunks. Setting up a rematch. It shows that maybe they want to give Paige the title at Mania. I hope so.

The U.S. title match was a great match. If they will go again @mania Rusev couldn't go over clean tonight. I would've thought Rusev would rake Cena's eye instead of the low blow but it doesn't really matter. Good wrestling match.

The Bray segment was amazing. I thought it was better fit for a Raw for some reason as well. But damn I enjoyed the hell out of it. Beautiful. XD

The Triple H / Sting segment was phenomenal as well.

The tag team championship match was awesome. Cesaro & Kidd went over and they've been built in the last month to look like a million bucks. Imo they are the best main roster tag team.

Reigns v Bryan was a great match with a predictabl/comeback finish. Yes Bryan carried the match b/c he's the better wrestler. But Reigns looked good in the fact that he looks resilient. If he survived that running knee, maybe he can survive a Lesnar beat down.

I thought the booking was solid. And the matches were solid. The card was weak from the start though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts