Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's really interesting to see how the WWE will fair after Rock, Brock, HHH, Taker and HBK are done working this limited big four (Summerslam, Survivor Series, Rumble and Mania) schedule. Besides a potential Austin, Foley or even Edge match, the WWE will have slim to none part-timers to help increase big PPV buyrates. The WWE will be left with their current roster which isn't really strong tbh. In five years, I wonder what they'll be doing. Maybe they'll bring back guys like Big Show or Kane to help increase buyrates but they were never big draws. I'm really nervous for the future.

·
Banned
882 Posts
So far they really haven't done big business to be honest. We got a good WM buyrate but they always do anyway, so just a slight boost is all Rock gave us. I think people overrate these guys and their ability to boost numbers.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Goldberg, Batista, JBL, Angle, Hardy, Lashley, Stone Cold could all make returns at some point.
Although The Rock and Brock will leave sooner rather than later they are able to return again at any point.

WWE has finally pulled the trigger on the transitional talent period and are now pushing CM Punk, Sheamus, Bryan, Rhodes and Ziggler but durring this tim in which they get pushed WWE needs to make sure they have their back covered for the short term future of the WWE to make sure ratings and audiences dont slip whilst the new guys are getting used to stepping up the roster.

Hence the reason they bring in HHH, HBK, Chris Jericho, Brock Lesnar and The Rock to make sure the current product doesn't suck by the time all these guys have dropped off and left we shall be hopefully left with a much stronger upper card who have been getting better and slipping into out subconscious and conscious as top guys.

Rhodes, Ziggler, Punk, Bryan, Sheamus, Barrett will in a year or sos time have climbed up to main event main stays.

And in their place in comes Ambrose, Rollins, Cessaro, Ryback, Chris Hero and this will then continue for years to come like it always has done.

I do however hope that HHH, HBK, The Undertaker, Stone Cold, Brock Lesnar, The Rock put some of these newer guys over for the benefit of the future of the WWE so then Punk, Ziggler, Rhodes, Barrett, Sheamus, Bryan can then in the future put over Ambrose, Rollins, Cessaro, Ryback, Chris Hero who can then put over the guys that come after them.

·
Banned
882 Posts
Goldberg, Batista, JBL, Angle, Hardy, Lashley, Stone Cold could all make returns at some point.
Although The Rock and Brock will leave sooner rather than later they are able to return again at any point.

WWE has finally pulled the trigger on the transitional talent period and are now pushing CM Punk, Sheamus, Bryan, Rhodes and Ziggler but durring this tim in which they get pushed WWE needs to make sure they have their back covered for the short term future of the WWE to make sure ratings and audiences dont slip whilst the new guys are getting used to stepping up the roster.

Hence the reason they bring in HHH, HBK, Chris Jericho, Brock Lesnar and The Rock to make sure the current product doesn't suck by the time all these guys have dropped off and left we shall be hopefully left with a much stronger upper card who have been getting better and slipping into out subconscious and conscious as top guys.

Rhodes, Ziggler, Punk, Bryan, Sheamus, Barrett will in a year or sos time have climbed up to main event main stays.

And in their place in comes Ambrose, Rollins, Cessaro, Ryback, Chris Hero and this will then continue for years to come like it always has done.

I do however hope that HHH, HBK, The Undertaker, Stone Cold, Brock Lesnar, The Rock put some of these newer guys over for the benefit of the future of the WWE so then Punk, Ziggler, Rhodes, Barrett, Sheamus, Bryan can then in the future put over Ambrose, Rollins, Cessaro, Ryback, Chris Hero who can then put over the guys that come after them.
I'm more interested in Ambrose, Rollins, Cessaro, Ryback and Chris Hero than Rock, Brock and any other older comeback artist except maybe Austin one last time.

Reactions: Patrick Bateman

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Not really sure how you can say they're pushing Ziggler when he's currently taking bumps from Hornswoggle. I understand your point, but the WWE has to begin elevating these guys now before it's too late.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Not really sure how you can say they're pushing Ziggler when he's currently taking bumps from Hornswoggle. I understand your point, but the WWE has to begin elevating these guys now before it's too late.
In January and February Ziggler beat CM Punk WWE Champion 4 times in a Row. They have to share the spoils, usually a guy whose about to get a big push usually jobs a lot pay their dues and then gets pushed over the moon. Remember Sheamus loosing streak?

I fully suspect his next story line will be a feud with a Swagger and splitting from Vickie, their not ready for that to happen yet so he has to be in filler feuds until.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, true. But they're so hot and cold with all of their young guys. Considering how good Ziggler is, he should be a top heel by now.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
OP, Edge will never wrestle again.

Also, the WWE will do fine.
Shawn Michaels survived a BACK injury and had a damn fine 8 year run. You can never guess the future and be so sure. Edge might seem like he can never compete in a ring again, but you can't guess what will happen five years down the line. They said Austin was unable to compete anymore when he retired in 2003, now he says he can have a 2 year full-time run if he wants to.

I'm glad with how WWE are doing for the 'future' stars. I'm happy with what they have right now and their use of old talent but the likes of Daniel Bryan, Sheamus and Cody Rhodes are all good potential stars for the future.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
Things are progressing fairly well with the Youth Movement, overall, honestly. A year ago right now things were looking a bit bleak, in the wake of losing HBK and Batista with Trips and Taker both becoming true part-timers a year before and Edge's forced retirement about 380-385 days ago. The only new star they seemed to have made at that point was The Miz. Granted, Miz has fallen quite a bit in the last year but I'm quite sure they'll get back around to him before 2012 is over. He just needs some rebuilding and new direction, as well as personal re-motivation, it seems and a change in scenery to Smackdown.

But you take a look at the last two WWE Champions and they are Alberto Del Rio and CM Punk. Del Rio's probably never going to be more than a B-main-eventer but at least they have him. Will he ever be particularly over? Not sure, but with a considerable number of tweaks they might finally truly have something with him on Smackdown. Meanwhile, CM Punk has taken the #2 spot in the company behind Cena for himself.

Last two World Heavyweight Champions, Daniel Bryan who has become one of the most over individuals in WWE and is probably already well on his way to being set as nothing less than a B-main-eventer at worst and Sheamus, who until the 18 seconds incident was wildly over as a face and can/will be again as soon as they give him a proper solid reign as World Champion over on Smackdown. He's sort of inheriting the Batista role. He's not the star Batista was but he will probably hold the fort very capably for the time being until he either gets bigger or they find someone else.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
It's important that the wwe dosen't reliys too much on the old guys. I mean we have awesome young talent.

·
Stealing the Show
7,428 Posts
Shawn Michaels survived a BACK injury and had a damn fine 8 year run.
edges condition is more than a BACK injury. I suggest you take the time to read up on what exactly is wrong with edge before presuming he's going to be fit to wrestle.

"As a result, there was "less and less" vital fluid in Edge's system protecting the spinal cord. Edge mentioned on Raw he could have ended up in a wheelchair if he continued to wrestle. WWE noted: "Medical professionals cannot clear Edge to compete ever again in WWE since doing so could result in paralysis or even death.""

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
Shawn Michaels survived a BACK injury and had a damn fine 8 year run. You can never guess the future and be so sure. Edge might seem like he can never compete in a ring again, but you can't guess what will happen five years down the line.
The nature of their injuries is completely, totally different though. Edge's spinal cord is being pinched severely by his spinal column. As far as anyone is aware, there is no way to make it safe for him to ever be in a ring again. In five years he'll be in his forties anyway; I highly doubt you'd be seeing a match from him then healthy or not.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
Edge seems far too smart a guy to ever even dream of thinking of having another wrestling match. If he ever did, his wife should chain him up somewhere in their house.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the problem is that they are because people like you think they need to...
Vince couldn't care less what I or anyone else thinks they should do. Vince does what he knows. He knows that Brock, Rock and Taker draw he doesn't know if Cody, Ziggler and Bryan do.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts