Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is no doubt that WWE's video production is absolutely top notch. They can make the most mundane of events seem like the most epic thing in the history of pro wrestling. When it comes to their best ever video package the majority opinion seems to be that Austin/Rock at 17 was their best and I definitely agreed. Absolute perfect use of My Way by Limp Bizkit. However, HBK and Taker from 26 has surpassed that video.

http://www.megavideo.com/?d=TDO3KVB0

They recapped their Wrestlemania 25 match and made a 5 star match seem like an 9 star religious experience. Cole's chilling voice over was perfect as was the capturing of the emotions of the streak vs. the career. Amazing pre-match video, WWE's best, and it set the stage for another Wrestlemania classic between the two legends.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Its true. Me and buddies say the editing team hits the "Epic Button". Best live promo would have the ultimate warrior in it:)

·
Registered
961 Posts
I don't know. What I do want to add is there used to be a lot more importance on promos.

The stuff from the late 90's, early 2000's used to be very good.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I don't know. What I do want to add is there used to be a lot more importance on promos.

Actually, if anything promo packages have much more importance than they did back then. Not to mention one of the things that WWE have improved on are the promo packages so I don't really see your point.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts

No way! Just look at the Fatal Four Way promo. It was great, yet there was hardly any build up material.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Undertaker vs HBK II WM 26 Promo

Khali vs Cena One Night Stand Promo

Hogan vs Rock WM 18 Promo

WCW vs WWE Invasion 2001 PPV Promo

Dustin Runnels vs Val Venis Breakdown 98 Promo

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Its true. Me and buddies say the editing team hits the "Epic Button". Best live promo would have the ultimate warrior in it:)
I don't really agree with that personally, i think Warriors promos were 'unique' at best. I kind of agree with what they said on The Ultimate Warrior DVD the fact that they would put him on camera to shoot about a certain situation, and then would get completely sidetracked and start talking about something wierd. Thats not a good promo.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Austin vs Rock from WM17 is still the best imo, although HBK vs Taker 2 gives it legit competition

Other(more recent) contenders
Orton vs Cena - Bragging Rights
Orton vs Triple H WM25
Edge vs Undertaker WM24

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Austin vs Rock from WM17 will remain my favourite match promo forever, as I never see them topping that moment in general.

The music was great, the material was great and the editing was great.

·
Registered
835 Posts
austin vs ministry of darkness/ undertaker
austin vs rock wrestlemania 15 or 17
HHH vs cactus jack RR 2000
undertaker vs kane wrestlemania 14

there really is too many to choose from. dont like the packages now because of the performers concerned just lack my emotional attachment, so I think they were better back in the attitude era

1 - 20 of 29 Posts