Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that there are several new wrestlers who have been dominating jobbers each week.

At the moment, here are the new wrestlers who have been squashing each week:

1. Brodus Clay
2. Claudio
3. Albert
4. Young and Titus
5. Ryback

and next week, Damien's probably gonna join the list. At first it seems quite of a momentum killer, but then it seems like this is the right thing to do, to build their credibility. Then again, WWE can just randomly kill a wrestler's momentum.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,213 Posts
I don't see how beating someone that nobody knows about or cares about can do much other than get the guy that's winning all of these squashes recognized by the fans. I really think there are better ways that you can make people care about a new guy.

Now that I think about it I'm really struggling to think of a guy that debuted by just squashing jobbers and went on to have a great run. Vladamir Kozlov came to mind first and the fans shit all over him when he made the jump to the main event.

Umaga was in a lot of squashes but he debuted by beating the shit out of Ric Flair. He made an impact his first night in. That's what you need to do to make a new superstar matter. Get people interested or surprised at what they just did.

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,426 Posts

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
What would you have them do? Going over established guys doesn't do that much for you either, ask Del rio. These guys are unknowns, the most important thing is that they just have to get them on tv for a while so people can make a decision on whether they are interested or not. Dean ambrose seems like he is coming up in a unique way

·
Registered
132 Posts
Sandow should debut by coming out after a Ryback squash match and begins to insult Ryback(about being the personification of what he hates) basically this lead to a Brains vs Brawn feud. This will stop Sandow just sqaushing jobber, give Ryback something to do, both can establish their characters and both can easily come out of the feud with momentum.

·
Registered
919 Posts
The only new guys I want to see at the moment are Antonio Cesaro, Lord Tensai, Ryback and Damien Sandow. When Dean Ambrose or Seth Rollins debut, they will also be on the list. Get that dancing lump of shit off my TV, same with Young and Titus.

·
Registered
64 Posts
John Cena's debut against Angle was perfect. He didn't even beat Angle but still looked credible and a big threat. Cena got such good booking right from the start. Why don't they do something like this anymore? Orton could play the part of Angle and make it super successful.

For anyone who doesn't remember/hasn't seen it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts