Wrestling Forum banner

WWE Youth Movement at Wrestlemania?

592 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  NJ88
Judging by the likely card, I have noticed that WWE seem to be putting 4 young guys in big matches. I think this is a way of showing that these guys will be a big part of WWE's future. Notice how none of them are really all that big in terms of weight and height with the exception of 1.

Here are the guys I'm talking about.

The Miz, CM Punk, Alberto Del Rio and 'Dashing' Cody Rhodes.

Notice the Wrestlemania card. Miz and Del Rio are in their respective brand's title matches while CM Punk and 'Dashing' Cody Rhodes are in their respective brand's second biggest matches. The uppercard back-up if you will.

Now there are other guys WWE are of course pushing such as Morrison and Ziggler, with Mcintyre due a push after Wrestlemania as well judging by his interations with Edge. But these 4 guys seem like the guarantees for WWE in the future judging by the matches they are being placed in.

What do you all think?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,895 Posts
It's clearly a transitional Wrestlemania and WWE is dutifully following through with their Youth Movement at the biggest show of the year, so no major complaints.

· Registered
317 Posts
I agree with your analysis but you missed out Barrett here. While the WWE did give Barrett a substantial push in the second half of last year, it is still too soon for him to face Taker at Wrestlemania and hence the original plans for Barrett at 'Mania had to be shelved. But that's not to say that he won't have a substantial role to play - whether it be in a MITB match or a potential Nexus vs Corre match.

They are slowly building The Miz as the future face of the company, CM Punk is the top heel at the moment and Del Rio is being portrayed up as the most credible competitor. I hope Ziggler features at WM in some form and Morrison is currently the favourite to win the MITB match if there is one at 'Mania. Meanwhile, Cody Rhodes and Drew McIntyre are very talented young wrestlers and both being aged 25 they clearly have a bright future ahead of them so it's nice to see that the WWE are hopefully going to give them spots at Wrestlemania.

I think in a few years we could look back on 2010-12 as the time when the 'Youth Movement' really started to pay dividends. With HBK and Batista gone and the retirements of Taker, HHH, Kane and possibly Edge eminent in the next couple of years, it's only right that the WWE look towards the future. And there's no better place to build up the stars of tomorrow than at Wrestlemania, so I for one welcome their direction.

· Registered
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought I'd missed out someone. Yeah, Barrett was in for a huge match at Wrestlemania. I think he could be really big too and I'm glad WWE like him enough to push him. I would include Sheamus too because his plans also got affected much like Barrett's, but somebody in a high place doesn't seem to like him so as of now, he seems to be screwed. But things change.

· Follower of Lockeism
13,499 Posts
You can quite obviously see the youth movement in full effect this year at Mania. When looking at the two title matches, THREE out of the four guys are still young (Miz, Del Rio and Cena) and they obviously want to push new guys into the maine vent this year. As the OP said, Cody Rhodes is also making waves and will be in one of the big matches this year, Barrett (and the Corre) look like they will be having a programme with Show. And Punk/Orton is a big programme with two guys who are still pretty young right now.

Not to mention the two most likely to win MITB being Morrison and Ziggler. After this years Mania, a lot of new stars will be made methinks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.