Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there are a lot of damn good trainers that were former WWE stars, but there are also a lot of them who are just terrible. And the ones who are terrible are the ones that try to "toughin up" the students. They aren't terrible in a sense that they don't know what they are doing, more like they are WAY too tough on wrestlers/students. I understand being tough on young guys like telling them to get up when they are tired and stuff. But when they tell the wrestlers to keep training when they injured(like on the current tough enough) and make them feel like a piece of crap if they don't continue is just stupid and incredibly dangerous. Having a wrestler keep training with a broken ankle could very well ruin their career.

And when wrestlers like Bob Holly do this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQjBZImm-Qs
I get disgusted. What does this have to do with wrestling? You don't punch some in a real wrestling ring. you don't give people black eyes and busted lips in a real match. You don't aim to hurt someone in a match, this was just an attack.

I think WWE needs to be careful who they pick to train wrestlers. Pick guys who are actually competent and now how to handle wrestlers right, not guys who are just gonna beat up and ruin wrestlers careers.

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
Being tough on the wrestlers is essential. How do you think we get the absolute workhorses; the Triple Hs that get through a Walls of Jericho with a torn quad because the show must go on?

Teaching someone how to be a tough SOB =/= what Bob Holly does. That guy is not out for anyone's good but his own, he's a pigheaded bully and I'm glad he got that terrible, terrible mid-life crisis tattoo. It looks ridiculous.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
I think that tough training is a necessity to separate the guys and gals who really want to be there to the ones who want to get into wrestling for the fame.

·
Post'n Errry Now and Then
1,709 Posts
I think that tough training is a necessity to separate the guys and gals who really want to be there to the ones who want to get into wrestling for the fame.
Totally agree, Im currently training at Dory Funk Jr's school in Ocala first day I was there they worked us super hard and were extremely tough (Which I loved by the way because like you said separates the guys who really want to be there from the one who don't). You would be surprised at the amount of guys after day 1 who didn't come back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts