Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Wish people gave me this kind of benefit of the doubt and didn’t automatically assume i was up to no good due to my skin tone
I sympathize. That's kind of a different topic though.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
If using a racial slur in your life makes you racist then everyone, regardless of age, race, gender is either racist or a liar.
Yes, using a racial slur is racist. Not a hot take. Obviously people learn and grow.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Well the main one is obviously Hogan since he admitted it. And I really don’t think he’s sorry for it-just sorry that he got caught. I’m sure that others are well but to me it starts at the too. Many of Vince’s storylines were very racist even as recently as the Nakamura/Jinder and Booker T/Triple H stuff.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
I am kind of surprised no one has mentioned Lars Sullivan. I mean, didn't he get fined for saying racist crap on this forum and other forums?

Perhaps, Lars has changed his view.

HBK, JBL, HHH, Hogan, Charlotte, are or were racists.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
I have no idea. Maybe there needs to be a new NBC show called Law & Order: Racist Victims Unit. Still have the guy who played Vern Schillinger play Dr Emil Skoda.

Reactions: Punkholic

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Yes, using a racial slur is racist. Not a hot take. Obviously people learn and grow.
You are dealing in absolutes. Say I said the N word right now. Would my mind suddenly be warped into the mind of a racist person. A word does not define a whole person. And if I said the word faggot completely out of any context would I be homphobic. I don't condone the use of any offensive labels but saying them is not an automatic stamp of racism.

·
Registered
163 Posts
The N word is incredibly tricky.

Black hip hop and rap artists use the N word indiscriminately. On the other hand, suburban white youth are criticized for using the N word even when appreciating hip hop or rap music.

Such hypocrisy should not continue. The N word should exist only in history books and museums. It has no place in society today, including music.

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,329 Posts
If you've used a racial slur against someone you're a racist or at the very least said something racist.

So that means the majority of people most likely have said something like that or at the very least thought it.

So the majority of people are probably racists or have racist thoughts. Don't feel so bad this includes everyone, of every color!

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
You are dealing in absolutes. Say I said the N word right now. Would my mind suddenly be warped into the mind of a racist person. A word does not define a whole person. And if I said the word faggot completely out of any context would I be homphobic. I don't condone the use of any offensive labels but saying them is not an automatic stamp of racism.
No, a word doesn't define a whole person. Using a racial slur is a racist action. Those two things can exist at the same time.

Reactions: TommyWCECM

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
The N word is incredibly tricky.

Black hip hop and rap artists use the N word indiscriminately. On the other hand, suburban white youth are criticized for using the N word even when appreciating hip hop or rap music.

Such hypocrisy should not continue. The N word should exist only in history books and museums. It has no place in society today, including music.
Once again this dumb ass argument is brought up. You say this as if your dropping some divine knowledge. Its called reclaiming a word... let me break it down to you since you clearly don’t understand. The word “fag” or “faggot” has often been used as a slur against gays. They now use it amongst themselves as a way to reclaim the word and subvert the oppressive message the word once conveyed. This doesn’t mean everyone has free reign to say it all of a sudden. There’s much negative history behind the word. The same could be said about words like “bitch” for women or “wetback” for mexicans. You may hear them say it amongst themselves but that doesn't mean its ok for others outside of that group to say it. Just like we have some things that we say to friends that we’d probably never say to a stranger.

Its a simple concept so i cant believe it still has to be explained

·
Registered
90 Posts
If you've used a racial slur against someone you're a racist or at the very least said something racist.

So that means the majority of people most likely have said something like that or at the very least thought it.

So the majority of people are probably racists or have racist thoughts. Don't feel so bad this includes everyone, of every color!
True and I think that is because we as humans were meant to recognize differences in each other. That doesn't excuse violence or mistreatment of other groups, but being human is complicated.i would like to think I'm a good enough person to help someone in need regardless of looks, race religion etc..... but I've still said some dumb shit.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
True and I think that is because we as humans were meant to recognize differences in each other. That doesn't excuse violence or mistreatment of other groups, but being human is complicated.i would like to think I'm a good enough person to help someone in need regardless of looks, race religion etc..... but I've still said some dumb shit.
While racist statements can be dumb theyre not the same thing as simply saying some dumb shit... come on people. Sasha Banks literally cant say anything rude to a fan without being labeled the worst human being of all time on this forum but racism is always met with “well people make mistakes”

Its hilarious. I bet people would be more upset if a wrestler said they hated all dogs than they would be for a wrestler flat out saying some racist shit

·
Registered
737 Posts
Here's the problem with society. Using what someone else mentioned earlier, if someone says "I dont want my son/daughter dating/marrying an n****r" then you're racist, which I completely agree with.

However if a white parent says "I dont want my son/daughter dating/marrying a black person" the you're still called racist which I completely disagree with. Could there be racial undertones? Absolutely but there's also people out there that want their kids to look like them. They like the fact that someone looks at them and says "oh you look like your parent/grand parent"...If you have blonde hair & blue eyes and you knock up a black girl, chances are not many people are gonna look at your kid and say "they look just like you". Sometimes I feel like we as a society jump to a conclusion when we hear certain things. We hear what we want to hear so we can get offended instead of trying to figure out what the reasoning is.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Here's the problem with society. Using what someone else mentioned earlier, if someone says "I dont want my son/daughter dating/marrying an n****r" then you're racist, which I completely agree with.

However if a white parent says "I dont want my son/daughter dating/marrying a black person" the you're still called racist which I completely disagree with. Could there be racial undertones? Absolutely but there's also people out there that want their kids to look like them. They like the fact that someone looks at them and says "oh you look like your parent/grand parent"...If you have blonde hair & blue eyes and you knock up a black girl, chances are not many people are gonna look at your kid and say "they look just like you". Sometimes I feel like we as a society jump to a conclusion when we hear certain things. We hear what we want to hear so we can get offended instead of trying to figure out what the reasoning is.
I mean, if you don't want your child dating/marrying a black person because they are black, then yah, that's racist. Seems pretty cut and dry tbh :shrug

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
I'd say every McMahon. Jury is sequestered on Shane. Probably every wrestler from the south. To be honest it doesn't matter to me. Now I'm not condoning racism by any means but these people are barely b list celebrities. When they fuck up they end up irreparably fucked. The ones with Teflon seem to be Vince cause his engaged in a vicarious relationship with the president. Hopefully until 2020.

The rats will expose themselves

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.