1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What ones can you think of?

1) Hulk Hogan - Do I even have to say it
2)HBK - Called an African American Marine the N word
3) Triple H - Called a hispanic person bumblebee Simpsons man, was wearing black face in 98
4) Michael PS Hayes - Called Mark Henry a slur
5) Charlotte Flair - there is a video of her saying the N word

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Who cares?

If you grew up in Texas in the 1960’s and you happen to be part of the majority, you will probably be abused today because you were born there.

Being born into a bad environment in the 1960’s doesn’t make that individual a bad person.

We shouldn’t be judging anyone unless they’re actually racist today in a serious, legitimate way and haven’t learned better attitudes throughout their life

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Who cares?

If you grew up in Texas in the 1960’s and you happen to be part of the majority, you will probably be abused today because you were born there.

Being born into a bad environment in the 1960’s doesn’t make that individual a bad person.

We shouldn’t be judging anyone unless they’re actually racist today in a serious, legitimate way and haven’t learned better attitudes throughout their life
Typical.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Oh it's one of those threads again. This will definitely end well, OP! Inb4lock

Anyway that HBK incident was in the 90s already and he was probably on drugs at the time, so perhaps he doesn't even remember saying that. So maybe "finding Jesus" fixed his racism or whatever, I dunno.

Hogan said that shit ages ago and Gawker for some reason was able to dig it up and use it to kill his reputation. Who knows if he still feels the same way these days.

Triple H and Hayes stories have been confirmed by Del Rio and someone else I forgot, respectively.

Never heard of the Charlotte Flair one. But if it's her rapping a long to a song then it doesn't count.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
Never heard of the Charlotte Flair one. But if it's her rapping a long to a song then it doesn't count.
Apparently there was a report of her saying racist insults to police officers who stopped her once.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Apparently there was a report of her saying racist insults to police officers who stopped her once.
I did a quick google search... so it seems it's true. Also she got a 5 million bucks lawsuit for that? Damn.

Oh well, I never liked her, so this incident doesn't change my opinion on her.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
If using a racial slur in your life makes you racist then everyone, regardless of age, race, gender is either racist or a liar.
You make a good point, and while I've said things that could be considered racist before I've actually never insulted someone of a different nationality, creed or colour with a bigoted term in my life, no matter how nervous or upset I got at those people in particular. Maybe you think I just lack balls to say something like that in their face, but if a black or chinese person have an argument with me about something I don't think it's relevant to bring up their race or that it has something to do with the root of the argument we're having.

·
Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,414 Posts
If you've directed a racial slur at someone, you were a racist. Full stop. If you use someone's race in a demeaning or derogatory way it means that you see their race as inherently demeaning. As something worth insulting. That's called racism

Y'all wanna act like someone isn't racist unless they're literally doing a lynching and that's just fucking inaccurate.

If you say "I don't want my daughter dating this N-word" that's racist. And then following it up with "I am a racist" is racist.

The thing about wrestlers who have been caught saying racist stuff - I consider them racist until they prove they aren't. Giving non-apologies to a locker room doesn't convince me that someone isn't racist anymore. Donate to the NAACP, take classes, do some reading, show some proof that you've taken steps to correct racist thinkings cuz all I have is proof of your racism in the first place.

To that end, the only racist wrestler I can think of, because he's the only one with proof, is Hulk Hogan. Hulkkk I should say.

Anyone else seems to be hearsay or rumors though the fact that so many wrestlers are just hicks from the south and Middle America I wouldn't be surprised at all if many of them were racist and some of them sure do drop hints. Wouldn't be surprised by people like Flair or Charlotte at all

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
If using a racial slur in your life makes you racist then everyone, regardless of age, race, gender is either racist or a liar.
Typical... at this point talking about race or racism on here is just foolish. A good 90% of WF likes to pretend that racism doesnt exist.

You ever stop to think that some people aren't shitty human beings? Why do yoy think this is common? Just because everyone you know is a racist trashbag doesnt mean that applies to everyone

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Teddy Long once said in an interview he was called the N word by Ric Flair back when he was part of the ring crew and a ref. I believe Teddy he is too nice of a person to lie. Teddy Long is a gentle soul.

I don't believe Ric Flair is a racist though, but it's possible he grew up in a racist environment he is a 70 year old man from North Carolina.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
People reveal who they really are in the heat of the moment. The mask slips
True to an extent. I also believe people say stuff behind closed doors that they don't believe. There was an old video that surfaced of Justin Bieber joking about the KKK and saying the N word. I'm sure a lot of people have joked using the N word with friends but they aren't close to being racist.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
True to an extent. I also believe people say stuff behind closed doors that they don't believe. There was an old video that surfaced of Justin Bieber joking about the KKK and saying the N word. I'm sure a lot of people have joked using the N word with friends but they aren't close to being racist.
Wish people gave me this kind of benefit of the doubt and didn’t automatically assume i was up to no good due to my skin tone

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.