Wrestling Forum banner

2201 - 2212 of 2212 Posts

·
Registered
23,417 Posts
I've been fairly disinterested as a fan this past month with everything going. And as much as I appreciate what WWE and AEW are trying to do, you can only watch so many empty arena matches before you just lose interest.

With that being said, I think this Mania delivered in the sense of taking the little they had and making something special and memorable about it.

They took chances and went completely different with AJ/Taker and Bray/Cena, hopefully stumbling onto a formula they can use again in the future. Matches like the ladder match, Charlotte vs. Rhea, and Seth vs. KO still felt like Mania worthy matches. A lot of the other matches delivered as well in terms just being fun.

So, I never want to see a Mania like this again. But this is where we are in the world right now. It sucks Drew couldn't have his moment in front of 70,000 people. It sucks the Otis/Many moment couldn't happen in front of 70,000 people. It sucks Edge's first singles match in almost a decade couldn't happen in front of 70,000 people. But despite all of that, they made something that I was very entertained by (for the most part) and delivered a Mania, while maybe nowhere near the greatest, that I'll always remember.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I'm sorry guys - This was awful.

AJ/Taker and Orton/Edge were by far the most entertaining matches.

Extremely disappointed by the Fiend/Cena match as a huge Wyatt fan.

Enjoyed Sami/Bryan, Women's tag match and Black/Lashley as well....but overall....oof.

This should've been delayed.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
My thoughts on this show:

Night 1

Cesaro vs. Gulak - Fine as a 5 minute rush, but nothing else

Women's Tag - Subpar at best, completely all over the place and messy with no direction
Corbin vs. Elias - Instantly forgettable
Becky vs. Shayna - Not awful but extremely disappointing and wrong decision
Zayn vs. Bryan - Pretty damn good
Ladder Match - Mostly generic for the gimmick's standards, but thankfully not overdosed in stupid
Rollins vs. Owens - Terrific
Goldberg vs. Strowman - They actually put Strowman over... nice. Match itself was just a repeat of a tired formula at this point
Taker vs. Styles - FUN out of 10

Night 2

Natalya vs. Liv - Surprisingly not all that bad

Rhea vs. Charlotte - Meh, Rhea's selling sucks and wrong decision
Lashley vs. Black - Solid enough
Ziggler vs. Otis - Fun for what it was, but why did Ziggler spend so much time on control?
Edge vs. Orton - Creative, but filled with a lot of Last Man Standing bullshit and overlong
Tag Match - CROSSEYES aka It happened
Women's 5-Way - Best women's match on the card, some stupid but mostly solidly done
Cena vs. Wyatt - What. The. Fuck. (I think I mean that in a good way?)
Lesnar vs. McIntyre - Same as Goldberg vs. Strowman, but ever so slightly better

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Few standout matches across both nights but...

Goldberg vs Strowman & Lesnar vs McIntyre.

Why do WWE keep booking “Big Man” matches exactly the fucking same every time?

Finisher spam after finisher spam, it’s annoying and pathetic booking.
Cause they can´t wrestle for more than three minutes in a row, and more importantly they don´t want to.

Say what you want about the Undertaker, but at least he has the pride to pre-record a 20 minute match. It probably took them five hours of filming and another five of cutting to make it look good.

Theoretically they could have done the same for Brock or Goldberg, but they just don´t care. They just want to make the most money with the least amount of time and effort.

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Cause they can´t wrestle for more than three minutes in a row, and more importantly they don´t want to.

Say what you want about the Undertaker, but at least he has the pride to pre-record a 20 minute match. It probably took them five hours of filming and another five of cutting to make it look good.

Theoretically they could have done the same for Brock or Goldberg, but they just don´t care. They just want to make the most money with the least amount of time and effort.
You can say that about Goldberg but we’ve seen various from Lesnar over the years.

Lesnar has produced some gems against the likes of Bryan & Styles, when it comes to facing “Big Guys” like McIntyre all the matches are booked the same, few minutes of finisher spam.

It‘s shit.

·
Bleep, bloop, bloam, goodbye to your home.
7,731 Posts
I enjoyed mania to certain extend.

Was happy to see Strowman finally win one altough it'll be forever stated that he only won it because Roman pulled out from mania. Hopefully he'll get another titlereign down the road to make a point that he deserves the run.

Happy to see Drew win the title. Now can we keep these main belts on guys who are around every week?

I think Drew will hold the title for long time.

2201 - 2212 of 2212 Posts