Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It has been reported today that WWE did tryouts with several CMLL wrestlers while in Mexico this week. Word is that at least 7 notable names from the promotion were looked at by WWE. Obviously we have a link with them due to Sin Cara and Alberto Del Rio both coming from the promotion.

Does anyone have an Idea who these notable names are..?

Maybe:

Averno - Reported to have signed in may, then he was quoted in saying that he never actually signed a contract with wwe, so maybe they had another look.

La Sombra - A up and coming lucha libre in cmll and is only 21 years of age.

Dragón Rojo jnr - Current cmll tag team champion with ultimo guerrero

La Mascara - Notable name in cmll, had a good series of matches against averno in the summer.

Also if this leads to WWE signing some more Lucha Libres from CMLL, what effect will it have on the company?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Sounds good.

Sin Cara and Del Rio know some of these wrestlers pretty well so it'll be cool to see if they are in a storyline with them should they be signed with the WWE.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I think a lucha division would be cool. Or a lucha show/brand itself could be in the works as one of WWE's many new live shows as part of the WWE Network. I'd watch it.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
Pretty cool. But like suggested above, they need to bring back the cruiserweight division. It's a disgrace that Hornsowggle was the last winner of that title.

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
I'm not a fan of La Mascara

The dude had one of the worst NJPW matches I've seen in a long time.

La Sombra is friggin awesome

I hope that snatch up Averno and Volador Jr.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How are they working with them?
They are giving CMLL talents try outs and giving them an opportunity to earn a contract with wwe, I think this would be great for wwe if the cruiserweight title came back and I do agree that it is a discrace that hornswoggle is noted as the last ever champion.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
A Luchador division would be cool if done properly, and would garner crazy merch sales.
But it seriously has to be done properly, If it becomes a spot fest of a division, that's when it'll fail.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,839 Posts
La Sombra is a standout worker and should be signed. Averno's really good, too.

One issue is, unlike Sin Cara, I think it would be prudent from now on to at least allow these guys to become better acquainted with the "WWE style," the lack of familiarity of which for Sin Cara/Mistico resulting in a rough patch following his debut.

·
Banned
2,383 Posts
If they follow through with this, let's just hope they allow these guys to work their own style. We've seen how poorly it goes when they try to transition them to the WWE style already.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
WWE maybe should think about running a Lucha division. Seriously, grab a handful of lucha guys and give them a 10 minute segment on Raw every week. If it bombs, it bombs. It's worth a try.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I guess Rey Mysterio is going to retire soon. I predict wwe hire five of them and hope one of them sticks with the fans, because right now ADR and sin cara isn't cutting it, Ricardo Rodriguez is more popular then those two.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
634 Posts
La Sombra, Averno and Mascara Dorada would be AMAZING.
THIS. Volador, Jr would be a great addition as well.

I guess Rey Mysterio is going to retire soon. I predict wwe hire five of them and hope one of them sticks with the fans, because right now ADR and sin cara isn't cutting it, Ricardo Rodriguez is more popular then those two.:rolleyes:
ADR is one thing but Ricardo more popular than Sin Cara? :lmao Nice one.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
When i heard this i looked up names of people who are currently competing in CMLL, and there are number of guys already mentioned would be cool to see in WWE. But there is one man i have always been intrigued by and wanted to see in WWE.

That man is Jushin Thunder Liger. He's currently a champ in the promotion, although he does compete for other promotions currently...Does anyone know if he's contracted to any particular promotion which would prevent him from signing with WWE or is he on an open contract which allows him to compete in numerous promotions.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts