Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not saying anything like pg wwe sucks or attitude era is best ever, what I'm trying to tell people here is that the old 5.0 ratings they've used to see won't be seen again, if it does then it'd be a huge shocker.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/07/27/tv-ratings-top-25-the-bachelorette-hells-kitchen-america’s-got-talent-ncis-lead-week’s-ratings/58272#more-58272

(CBS is closest thing to USA in terms of viewers and ratings since ratings are diff for each channel)

So look at CBS shows. In order to get a 5.0, you need almost 8M people,to get a 6,you need 9M people.

I really doubt wwe will ever(or has ever) gotten this much people watching their show before, so to those being like "i want those 5-6 ratings again",heres proof its prob not gonna happen.

Either way, its still possible to get in the 4's again

·
Banned
12 Posts
The great Khali draws 7.8-7.9 weekly in India, make him the poster boy and be gone with John "Shit Bag" Cena and you will have those ratings.

·
Registered
545 Posts
So many ppl DVR, download or stream TV now that the WWE could have as many people watch RAW now as in the attitude era but it wont show in the ratings because they dont measure those ways of watching shows. Rating will really only drop in the future as more people have internet and faster computers

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's true. I'm in Canada, living in a college house and our landlord doesn't pay for TSN on our cable, but he does provide Internet. I always watch RAW, SD!, iMPACT, and PPV through torrent or YouTube. I wish I could support the shows through ratings, but for the time being, I have no choice. Probably a lot of other people in my shoes...

·
Premium Member
2,651 Posts
It's true. I'm in Canada, living in a college house and our landlord doesn't pay for TSN on our cable, but he does provide Internet. I always watch RAW, SD!, iMPACT, and PPV through torrent or YouTube. I wish I could support the shows through ratings, but for the time being, I have no choice. Probably a lot of other people in my shoes...
There are a lot of ppl in your shoes, because not every tv tuning into a show ads to a rating. At least not in the US. I'm not sure how it works in Canada.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There are a lot of ppl in your shoes, because not every tv tuning into a show ads to a rating. At least not in the US. I'm not sure how it works in Canada.
I also don't mind being able to watch it on my own schedule without commercials, not gonna lie.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,340 Posts
A bigger population really shouldn't make it harder to get ratings. There's more people watching everything.

Now the fact that I have hundreds of channels to watch and DVR plus some free on demand stuff to watch will make it harder. More channels will lead to lower ratings for everyone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts