Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
8,610 Posts
There are a lot of people in for a rude awakening when Triple HGH takes over the booking duties. They are going to realize what I have been saying for years, that Triple HGH doesn't have a clue on how to book anything much less a major wrestling promotion.
truth. only thing he knows is needles and putting himself over.

·
The legend never dies
4,352 Posts
Honestly I think with the rise of MMA alot of fans are turning from WWE cause they want to have this real element to it. Most AE fans are now MMA fans tbh.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
I'm worried for WWE under Haitch if he believes people like Baszler or Cole should be champions with lengthy reigns.
Honestly, if Levesque were in charge of the main roster I think we'd see a mid-late 80s Jim Crockett-type presentation for Adam Cole. He'd be in the Ric Flair spot as the perennial heel champion, with the Undisputed Era running interference. Several long heel title reigns, with brief (60 days or less) runs for people like Seth, Roman, Ciampa, and Keith Lee.

·
\m/
23,497 Posts
Been saying for a while that people expecting things to be better after Triple H takes over are in for a rather rude awakening.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Been saying for a while that people expecting things to be better after Triple H takes over are in for a rather rude awakening.
I think we'll see a long string of heel title reigns, both men and women. A future Brazler could see a 738 day reign, your HHH 2.0 might hold it 48 out of 52 months.

·
Registered
20,695 Posts
Interesting, because my next comment has weight depending on how deeply involved in creative that Levesque had been in with NXT. Or how long their current booker has been running NXT. A long time ago - 1994 - Jerry Jarrett had a great quote in an interview. He said that every great booker has ONE good run in them. After that it is diminishing returns. I think you saw this with all of the creative talents who revolutionized storytelling in their time - Pat Patterson, Dusty Rhodes, Paul Heyman, and Vince Russo - all of them had one great run in them before things became stale. If HHH was largely the person who drove Creative from 2014 forward, we may have already seen his best.
You know that actually makes a lot of sense. Especially when you consider you're probably tempted to redo and rehash your past great moments.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,221 Posts
Who even says it "stays in the family?" I think it is very likely that WWE sells itself out to the highest bidder, and either the brass stays on board or they say something like,
"We have it all figured out. We can show you the ropes to this. The recipe, the formula. There's no work, no art, no craft to this. We've got it down to a science. We'll show you how to do it the right way, the WWE way, and then after
a brief period of us training people up on how to run it, you can have your own personnel do it all." They try to sell out for the last great big score, the carnie job of all carnie jobs, a multibillion dollar sell out of WWE everything to an entity like
Amazon, Netflix, Disney, etc.

Ryback on the possibility of the McMahons selling the company outright and walking away.

“Vince McMahon is looking at this strictly as how to make as much money as possible with the least amount of effort for where they will eventually sell. The deals with Fox and Disney is beginning stage to eventually selling the company.
WWE has watered down professional wrestling to where all anybody has to do is wrestling moves. Wrestlers don’t even have to know psychology or look the part or having acting skills or anything like that.
You just plug these guys in and say hey, we have a school they learn a bunch of moves and we can put them on TV and this is our business model where you can now take over. You don’t even need us to run it.
They look at this as such a business and you can tell that by what they made their shows that this is what they are doing. All Vince McMahon cares about is money.
I made it, we had our run, make as much money as humanly possible. In our final years, we will make a few billion here and a few billion there, and that’s it, and you guys can take over the 'wrestling' now.
It wouldn’t surprise me. It just doesn’t make sense with so many things that he has proven to me where Vince has even told me that he is a businessman.
The only thing he cares about is making as much money as possible by any means necessary.”

·
Registered
366 Posts
To be fair, I don't think Triple H has WWE's best writers at his disposal for NXT. Triple H may not have a creative mind, but if he has a WWE's top writers working for him and he's open to their ideas, his version of WWE should be more creative than the current version of NXT.

101 - 111 of 111 Posts