Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They will try to turn Edge heel sooner or later. WWE’s ambitions of wanting to turn big stars heels after comebacks have made me sick to my stomach.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I liked Edge best as a heel

I do like his rob zombie theme run 2 as a face either or its fine
Bro there’s no reason to turn him heel anymore at this point. It’s a waste of time and puts the product into more stalemate condition financially. The guy retired, had a good run, let him play along with the people now.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Bro there’s no reason to turn him heel anymore at this point. It’s a waste of time and puts the product into more stalemate condition financially. The guy retired, had a good run, let him play along with the people now.
a face for now yes he just came back hes getting the HHH return face run

·
Southern Pride
2,818 Posts
Do we even know that Edge will be around after the Royal Rumble? Like, I don't think it's smart to get ahead of ourselves unless hes already said something like "you will be seeing more of me".

·
Team AEW
2,794 Posts
Do we even know that Edge will be around after the Royal Rumble? Like, I don't think it's smart to get ahead of ourselves unless hes already said something like "you will be seeing more of me".
Apparently, he signed a 3-year contract. I'm sure it's part-time, but at this point - to return at Rumble and NOT to be at Mania would've been insane. I think his Mania appearance is a lock, the question is against who. Maybe Orton, or Styles, based on tonight.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, but even if he does, I can’t stomach the WWE product anymore since they have a habit to keep turning major return stars into heels sooner or later. I’d rather turn the channel to somewhere else.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Edge does his best work as a heel that said at this point in time it wouldn't make much sense

·
Registered
610 Posts
Oh man this is a really original post, a great moment which will be remembered for years to come and people on here are already coming up with crazy and extremely unlikely theories of how it'll be ruined because of the whole "Knowing Vince" mindset even though nobody here really knows a damn thing about what he thinks.

·
Registered
11,147 Posts
What does stalemate condition financially mean?

Edge heel or face has little effect on wwes finances over next 4 years. Tv money is locked in.

As others said he did his best work by far as heel. Rock, Austin, Hogan retuned since 2011, never turned heel..

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
realistically he will stay a Face, i see his first major feud being Rollins at Mania.
He should stay face during his 3 year contract. The reason why turning him heel anytime during the contract period makes no sense is because fans already know who Edge is and how much he’s achieved in the company for 20+ years. Getting the fans to turn on him is just very naive and absurd given the legacy he has. I just want plausible writing on Edge, that’s all. If I were you, I’d throw all my concerns about who’s going to turn heel later to Roman Reigns. He’s the one who needs to make the switch, not Edge, not Big Show, not Miz, and certainly not Morrison.

·
Registered
11,147 Posts
He’s the one who needs to make the switch, not Edge, not Big Show, not Miz, and certainly not Morrison.
Reigns is the one who sells merch, house show tickets etc not big show, Miz or Morrison so turning him heel when you don't have a superstrong babyface to oppose him is really stupid financially.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Reigns is the one who sells merch, house show tickets etc not big show, Miz or Morrison so turning him heel when you don't have a superstrong babyface to oppose him is really stupid financially.
If you can provide me evidence that he still sells the most merchandise and tickets up to January 2020, then I’ll let you go with that. I do give people credit whenever they are right.

·
Registered
11,147 Posts
If you can provide me evidence that he still sells the most merchandise and tickets up to January 2020, then I’ll let you go with that. I do give people credit whenever they are right.
I didn't say most merch but he is still selling alot. He is certainly selling more merch than show, Miz or Morrison would as baby's or likely baby edge too

As for tickets well SD attendance has seen decent spike since Reigns moved there. Reigns is top guy on SD who actually appears and works show weekly (unlike Wyatt). This past Friday SD in Dallas easily outdraw raw in June 2002 that had rock, Austin, flair and taker on the show in same building.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Bruh, Edge was ALWAYS at his best as a heel. If he can reignite anywhere near the same charisma and excitement as he had during his Rated-R Superstar days, I'm all for him turning.

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
He came out at 21, not 30 an stayed in the match over 20 minutes. That told me he has a few big matches left in him.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts