Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Banned
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is going to be my new show as I attempt to go solo for a change.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wrestlemania 22

Randy Orton defeats Batista to win the World Heavyweight Championship after a long grueling match, Orton pinned Batista after interference by Brock Lesnar and an F5 onto the steel chair after Batista kicked out of the original RKO.

John Cena defeats Edge to retain the WWE Championship at around the thirty minute mark after an FU. Edge used his Money in the Bank contract to Cash in on a Title shot on the biggest stage of them all and really took it to Cena throughout the match and everyone even Cena seemed surprised that he managed to retain the title.

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin defeated Hulk Hogan in the long awaited encounter. The match itself was not pretty but the electricity was unparallel. Austin won the match after third Stone Cold Stunner.

Triple H defeated Ric Flair in a Three Stages of Hell Match with the decisive fall taking place in the ever ironic Steel Cage Match with both men's careers on the line, Triple H ended the career of the man he idolized in the "Nature Boy's" own type of match-up. Afterwards, Triple H appeared to make the signal that he was ready to go for the World Heavyweight Championship after a backstage confrontation with John Cena.

The Undertaker defeated Kurt Angle who in the months leading up to Wrestlemania became increasingly obsessed with breaking the winning streak and solidifying his own legacy. Angle almost had the Undertaker beat on several occasions but frustration set in and Taker pulled out something special for Wrestlemania.

Rey Mysterio defeated Shawn Michaels in an interpromotional match after a 619 and the West Coast Pop in arguably the match of the night. HBK looked really frustrated after the loss and took his anger out by hitting Sweet Chin Music on a referee before storming to the back.

Shelton Benjamin wins a six man Money in the Bank match between Big Show, Carlito, Chris Masters, Kane and Rob Van Dam after pinning Carlito via the T-Bone Suplex.

JBL defeated Booker-T, Chris Benoit and Matt Hardy in a Fatal Four Way Match to win the United States Championship after Benoit had Booker-T beat but JBL managed to steal the pinfall.

Trish Stratus defeated Melina in an Interpromotional Match to regain the Womens Championship. Melina won the title two months before at the Royal Rumble and the two had been feuding with each other since.

Champions

WWE Champion: John Cena
World Heavyweight Champion: Randy Orton
Intercontinental Champion: "The Masterpiece" Chris Masters
United States Champion: JBL
WWE Tag Team Champions: MNM
World Tag Team Champions: Three Minute Warning (managed by Eric Bischoff)
Womens Champion: Trish Stratus
Cruiserweight Champion: Juventud

Background Notes

- Chris Masters won the Intercontinental Title at Royal Rumble from Ric Flair due to interference from Triple H
- Rob Van Dam made his return in the 30 Man Royal Rumble
- The General Manager of Raw is Paul Heyman who is a heel character

Feel free to ask any questions that are relevant to this as I have skipped a few months to get to this point.

Not sure on when the first Monday Night Raw will be up, It won't be too long I'm sure, I'm just posting this to get the reaction in first. A preview will go up tomorrow if I have time.

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
I really like the Wrestlemania results, it looks like your setting up some good fueds here so I am looking forward to reading your shows. Nice way to have Ric Flairs carrer end. HHH going after the Title again should good. I also liked how you kept the Undertaker's winning streak alive. Anyways good luck with this I will be reading and reviewing.

·
Chopped Liver
5,553 Posts
I'd like you to recap all the shows from now until WM please.

Joking.

No seriously, the WM results looked extremely impressive, and some things I could definately see happening. The Lesnar / Batista feud is being done in quite a few threads, so I hope you can make yours different.

Glad to see Benjamin take the 2006 MITB Contract, and I'm sure you'll have some major plans for Benjamin in the next few months.

Couple of heel and face turns look likely from those results too Michaels especially.

Cant wait to see what you have in store.

·
Banned
374 Posts
This looks like a good BTB. You are a great booker so I am excited to see this BTB go well. I really liked the Wm results. Another Batista/Lesnar feud? Gtting kind of boring now for me because in every BTB they have this feud. Maybe you will put a good twist to this.

I like Orton as champion.

·
Registered
20,205 Posts
I am glad that you are still booking after the break up with Wolf Guy, he kept extolling you as a god, and I would not disagree, SD was very well done.

I love your Wrestlemania results, ecpecially with Orton as champion!!! I read the results, I can envision most of it happening in reality in a few months, I know that you are trying to promote a Batista and Lesnar feud, but I really do not like the notion of interference in a Wrestlemania main event.

Other than that, I think you are set to go. I will check this out when I return.

·
hello
19,588 Posts
well I must say that woudl've been perhaps the best WM ever Hollwyood, I see a few things happening here and as Wolfy said it could be time for HBK to go heel. I am not keen on another Batista/Lesnar feud, so please make it different from the others. I was hoping Cena would lose the title but I guess you have something else planned for him.

·
Banned
339 Posts
The results were good Orton winning Yes Orton is the man, I will be reviewing this thread

·
Banned
2,287 Posts
I like your BTB's Hollywood but I don't like the fact that on the biggest night of RKO's career you didn't give him a clean win.

·
Registered
20,205 Posts
RKODestiny said:
I like your BTB's Hollywood but I don't like the fact that on the biggest night of RKO's career you didn't give him a clean win.

Maybe because he is heel??

That is the only blemish I see too, I cannot wait to read.

·
Ho!
17,624 Posts
arjun14626rko said:
Maybe because he is heel??

That is the only blemish I see too, I cannot wait to read.
While I do agee with you Arjun thatv it is because he is a heel still I would expect on the main event for Mania Randy should win his match cleanly. But this is expected to happen at the real Mania 22 and I think Randy will win cleanly. But you started it off great with great results. I will defidently keep reading.

·
Banned
333 Posts
Very nice start to the thread. Your Wrestlemania results set up a few really interesting fueds. Triple H/Cena and Batista/Lesnar coming up soon and Benjamin winning the MITB Ladder match will be a well liked choice. I am predicting John Cena will beat Triple H in their fued then Shelton Benjamin will cash his contract in around Summerslam after a heel turn and beat Cena. Chris Masters as the Intercontinental Champion is a good move as is moving JBL back to the mid card scene as United States Champion. Everything is in place so far for a top BTB, goodluck Hollywood Event.

·
Banned
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Raw Preview

This week Raw will be live from Chicago just twenty-four hours removed from one of the greatest events of all time Wrestlemania 22. However the morale is set to be surprisingly low as once again Raw came up on the short end of the stick in the battles with Smackdown! How will Kurt Angle and Shawn Michaels take their losses to the Undertaker and Rey Mysterio respectively? Check out Raw to find out.

Another man that won't be the happiest this week will be Edge who after waiting one year to cash in his Money in the Bank contract, he came up on the losing end against WWE Champion, John Cena, who completed his milestone one year as the title holder. Things seemed to be in Edge's favour but somehow Cena survived and retained the title, Edge will surely be gunning for Cena, check out Raw to find out what develops.

The locker room was also said to be upset last night after an end came to the thirty-year career of "Nature Boy" Ric Flair at the hands of Triple H inside a Steel Cage. Both men went through Three Stages of Hell with their careers on the line but Triple H managed to prevail and retire his childhood hero. Check out Raw to find out what's next for The Game.

WWE.com News

WWE has released Jerry "The King" Lawler. The decision was made by owner Vince McMahon who is intent on freshening things up at the announce booth. WWE would like to wish Lawler all the best in the future.

Rumours are circulating around backstage that Rob Van Dam will be the next man to challenge "The Masterpiece" Chris Masters for the Intercontinental Title. More on this as the story develops.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Nice to see you starting this thread, as it looks to be a good one. Very good mania results, and it looks as if there are already a few big fueds on the way. Look forward to seeing the first show, and the preview for it looks good

·
Banned
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm very pleased with the response, thanks to all supporting me, Raw will be up on Saturday, if not Friday. Reviews will be returned.

·
Banned
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A video recap of Wrestlemania 22 plays highlighting the Raw side of the card as well as the Interpromotional matches. Highlights include Stone Cold Steve Austin defeating Hulk Hogan, Triple H ending the career of Ric Flair, The Undertaker beating Kurt Angle, Rey Mysterio pulling out a shock victory over Shawn Michaels, Shelton Benjamin winning the Money in the Bank match, Trish Stratus defeating Melina to regain the Womens Title and John Cena retaining his WWE Championship after a grueling match with Edge.

Raw

The Raw theme plays throughout the arena and then the pyro goes off, the camera shows several fans holding up their signs for superstars like John Cena, Shawn Michaels and more noticeably Shelton Benjamin. The camera then cuts down to Joey Styles and Jonathan Coachman.

Joey Styles: Welcome to Monday Night Raw! We're live here from Chicago, Illinois, just twenty-four hours after one of the greatest Wrestlemania's in the history of the WWE, Wrestlemania 22!!! I'm Joey Styles along with the Coach, what a night we have in store for you.

The Coach: You're not kidding Joey, Wrestlemania 22 will go down as one of the greatest ever, The Coach was glad to be apart of it but there's no time to sit back in awe of what happened last night, it's time to get on the road to Wrestlemania 23, and the road starts...tonight!

Joey Styles: Tonight ladies and gentlemen, in a huge match signed by our General Manager, Paul Heyman, Rob Van Dam will go one on one with Kurt Angle, in what is going to be a fantastic one on one match-up, and it's one I'm looking foward to calling.

The Coach: Without a doubt, but I'm warning you in advance Styles, I seen Kurt Angle earlier today and boy he was not in a good mood, I wouldn't be surprised if Kurt Angle snaps the ankle of RVD here tonight!

Joey Styles: Also, another man that will be in a similar mood tonight, "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels who lost at Wrestlemania last night to Rey Mysterio, will go one on one with Carlito!!

The Coach: Well you see that's the thing, Kurt Angle fought his heart out last night and was unfortunate to come out on the losing end, Shawn Michaels just plainly let us down!

Joey Styles: I think both Kurt Angle and Shawn Michaels were unfortunate to lose last night, they both fought their heart out and it just wasn't their night, lady luck fell on Smackdown last night, in my opinion.

"Time to Play the Game" hits throughout the arena to huge heat from the crowd as Triple H makes his way to the ring, in an all black suit with sunglasses on. He stands at the top of the ramp and smiles, then does Ric Flair's strut for a few steps, mocking Flair as he walks down the ramp. Triple H taunts the fans on the way down to the ring, the camera shows several Ric Flair signs in the crowd. Triple H climbs into the ring after spitting water out, poses on the turnbuckle and then gets a microphone from the ring announcer.

Triple H is about to talk but stops as the crowd starts to give him heat even before he speaks. He composes himself and lets the crowd get it out of their system before he starts talking.

Triple H: Last night at Wrestlemania 22, I ended the career of the "Nature Boy" Ric Flair...

The crowd gives him major heat. Triple H tries to talk again but has to stop as a massive "We want Flair" chant breaks out.

Triple H: You want Flair?

Triple H smiles as the crowd cheers.

Triple H: You want the "Nature Boy" to come down this ramp, kick my ass, and make a triumphant return to the ring do you?

The crowd cheers even louder as the smirk stays on Triple H's face.

Triple H: Well it ain't gonna happen!

Triple H takes the microphone away from his mouth and starts laughing as the crowd start giving him major heat.

Triple H: I've received a lot of criticism from the guys backstage, they've been sneaking around all day, and telling people that I'm a low life, that I'm a heartless bastard, that I'm a coward, and they're doing this because of one thing...jealousy!!

The crowd start chanting "asshole" but Triple H ignores the chants and continues talking.

Triple H: They are jealous of me, because I had the guts to do something, that they know they could never do, I did something that they could only dream of doing, the Kurt Angle's, the Shawn Michaels, none of them had the guts to finally say to the "Nature Boy" that it's over...but I went one better, instead of telling him his career was over, and that it was time for him to retire, I proved it to him, in Three Stages of Hell last night, I beat the living hell out of Ric Flair, and whether you like it, or not...I ended the career of the greatest wrestler in the history of this business...

The crowd appreciates the acknowledgement of Ric Flair as the best...until...

Triple H: ...Except me!!

The crowd gives him major heat.

Triple H: Let me give you a little history lesson shall I? When I was growing up, watching wrestling, I loved the business, I had my mind set on being a wrestler, but not just any wrestler, I wanted to be the best...I wanted to be...Ric Flair. When I broke into the business, I was so excited, I was told I had this big bright future, I emulated Ric Flair, and people said that one day, I was going to be the man, and deep down I knew it was my destiny. You see Ric Flair had the spotlight, he had the glitz, the glamour, he styled, he profiled, he was the limousine riding, jet flying, kiss stealin', wheelin dealin' son of a gun. Ric Flair had all of this, the things that I wanted, and hoped that one day I would get. Then as I started rising up through the ranks, people started taking notice, and complimenting me, it was then I began to hope, that one day when the "Nature Boy" decided to pass that torch, that he passed it, to me. So when I met him in 2001, I was thrilled, I began to feel that it was my time, that the torch was about to be passed to me and that I was going to be the man...but it didn't quite work out that way. Ric Flair decided that he wanted to hang onto the glory of his past, that he wasn't quite ready to step aside.

Triple H pauses and takes his sunglasses off and puts them into his pocket.

Triple H: Therefore, even though I knew that I had surpassed Ric Flair's ability, and deep down, you all know I did too...Flair was still stealing the spotlight, he just wouldn't go away, so I took him out, and whether you like it or not now, I'm the man, I'm the biggest icon there is in this business, there just happens to be one thing missing at the moment, one thing I intend to get back, the one thing that will ensure my status as the man in this business...

Triple H pauses as the crowd waits in anticipation, although the majority know what he's about to say.

Triple H: ...The WWE Championship!

The crowd starts to give Triple H heat after signalling that he was getting back into the title hunt.

Triple H: You see...over the course of the past year, whilst I was busy taking care of Ric Flair, one man has revelled in the spotlight here on Raw, one man has been living up the glory, John Cena!

The crowd starts a "Cena" chant.

Triple H: The fact is that John Cena only held the WWE Championship for a year quite simply because he didn't defend it against me, now John, enjoy your title reign, because the clock is ticking, the time is coming, your title reign is coming...to an end!!

"Metalingus" hits throughout the arena to huge heat from the crowd as Edge makes his way to the ring, without Lita this time, with a serious look on his face. He climbs into the ring and takes a microphone from the ring announcer and faces off with Triple H.

Edge: Triple H, you're right...John Cena's WWE Title reign IS coming to an end...but it isn't gonna be you taking the belt, it's gonna be ME!!!!!!!

Edge goes face-to-face with Triple H facing off with each other. Triple H then takes a step back and smiles at a very serious looking Edge.

Triple H: You had your chance Edge, and you blew it...just like most of the guys backstage, they've had a shot at Cena, and they've all been beaten, well not me, and when I get my chance, I will be the eleven time WWE Champion!

"Ain't No Stoppin Me" hits throughout the arena to a huge pop from the crowd as Shelton Benjamin makes his way to the ring, carrying his Money in the Bank briefcase. Benjamin rolls into the ring and is given a microphone by the ring announcer, he then goes and stands in front of Triple H and Edge.

Shelton Benjamin: You know...as much as I hate to say it, I agree with Triple H...

Triple H smiles and says "I should be the number one contender", except not into the microphone.

Shelton Benjamin: Edge, you had an opportunity at the WWE Championship, last night at Wrestlemania, when you cashed in the Money in the Bank contract, it's just a pity that you're cheque...bounced!

Shelton laughs as Edge gets mad and almost gets in Shelton's face.

Shelton Benjamin: Now...Triple H...both you and I, may not have faced Cena before in a one on one match...but we've faced each other...when I beat you not one....two....but three times in a row!

Shelton smiles at Triple H who begins to stare a whole through Benjamin.

Shelton Benjamin: No...(cut off)

"Well it's the Big Show" hits throughout the arena to a huge reaction from the crowd as The Big Show makes his way to the ring. He has a microphone in his hand and climbs into the ring over the top rope and stands smiling.

Big Show: The three of you can all stand here and talk about what you can or will do...but I don't have to do that, I'm seven foot two, I'm five hundred pounds, I'm a giant, if I'm put in a match with Cena, they know what will happen, they know that when it's all said and done, the WWE Championship...would be around my waist!!!

Edge and Shelton look speechless, but Triple H smirks then begins to talk.

Triple H: How the hell, would that WWE Title, fit around that big ass waist?

Triple H begins to laugh mockingly as does Edge, but Shelton doesn't bother he just shakes his head.

Big Show: Triple H, you better watch your mouth...our this big hand...will break that big ass nose!!

The fans cheer as Triple H backs off and gets as far away from Big Show as possible.

"Extreme" then hits throughout the arena to huge heat from the crowd as the Raw General Manager, Paul Heyman comes out to the ramp with a sneaky looking smile on his face.

Paul Heyman: I'll cut to the chase with this...you all have a valid point about who should face John Cena for the WWE Championship...

The camera cuts to the four contenders in the ring showing pictures of each one of them.

Paul Heyman: But this is a WRESTLING show, you don't need to come out and argue, you need to fight to prove that you should be the man that I choose to face Cena...and tonight a number one contender WILL be decided, it will be Triple H...

The crowd gives huge heat.

Paul Heyman: ...against Edge...

The crowd once again gives huge heat.

Paul Heyman: against The Big Show!!

The crowd pops.

Paul Heyman: ...against Shelton Benjamin!!!

The crowd pops the loudest for Shelton who seems to be growing in popularity.

Paul Heyman: The Winner...will face John Cena for the WWE Championship, on April 30th....at Backlash!!!

"Extreme" hits and the crowd cheers the announcement. Heyman smiles and all four men start talking trash to each other as we go to a commercial break.

-Commercial-

We come back to see Carlito in the ring waiting on the arrival of his opponent.

Joey Styles: We're back here on Monday Night Raw, Carlito is in the ring waiting on the arrival of this man...

"Sexy Boy" plays throughout the arena to a huge pop from the crowd, as Shawn Michaels makes his way to the ring. However Michaels doesn't do his usual posing and taunting he just walks straight to the ring and climbs in and gets in Carlito's face.

Match #1
Carlito vs. Shawn Michaels

This match starts off fast paced with Michaels looking to make a point, however Carlito manages to weaken him down and take control. Carlito works on the leg of Shawn Michaels for the entire match, trying to prevent Michaels from being able to hit Sweet Chin Music. He manages to get several near falls on Michaels but can't seem to put him away as frustration sinks in. Michaels then manages to build up offence then goes to tune up the band but changes his mind and doesn't bother playing for the crowd. He waits on Carlito to get up and then nails Sweet Chin Music, then covers Carlito to get the 1-2-3.
Winner: Shawn Michaels

Michaels stands up and gets his arm raised by the referee. He doesn't bother celebrating he just climbs out of the ring and walks up the ramp backstage not paying one bit of attention to a confused crowd.

Joey Styles: A very focused Shawn Michaels picking up the win over Carlito

The Coach: There is something clearly bothering Shawn Michaels, I get the feeling he is still frustrated over his loss to Rey Mysterio last night at Wrestlemania

Joey Styles: Well that may very well be the case, we now have to go backstage to Todd Grisham who is standing by with "The Masterpiece"... Chris Masters!

We cut backstage to see Todd Grisham standing next to Chris Masters.

Todd Grisham: Chris Masters, rumours have been circling around the internet that Rob Van Dam may be the next number one contender to the Intercontinental Title, what do you have to say on that?

Chris Masters: It doesn't matter to me who I have to face...I mean look at me Todd, I'm the Masterpiece, and nobody cam break my Masterlock, and if RVD is the next man to face me...he'll find that out...(cut off)

RVD walks up to Masters and stares at him. RVD then slaps Masters, Masters then gets in RVD's face but instead backs off and takes the microphone from Grisham.

Chris Masters: You'll pay for that RVD...you'll pay...nobody slaps the Masterpiece

Masters then drops the microphone and walks away leaving RVD shaking his head with a smile on his face.

-Commercial-

Match #2
WWE Womens Championship
Trish Stratus (c) vs. Victoria

Typical match between these two with Victoria being the most aggressive throughout and controlling the match. She tries the Widows Peak on several occasions but Trish has a different counter for it on each occasions. Eventually, Trish manages to get back into the match nailing several trademark moves, she then finishes off Victoria with the Chick Kick for the 1-2-3 and the win.
Winner: and still Womens Champion...Trish Stratus

Trish Stratus stands up and the referee raises her hand. She goes to climb onto the turnbuckle but is pulled off by someone. The camera then shows that its LITA!! that attacks Trish. Trish tries to get up but Lita delivers a huge kick to the head. Lita then picks up the Womens Championship and waits on Trish to get up, then nails her in the forehead with the championship belt. Lita then raises the belt high into the air much to the dismay of the fans, she then drops the belt on drop of Trish then leaves, having made her point.

Joey Styles: Lita sending a message to the Womens Champion!!!

The Coach: What a message that is! I love it, Lita wants to be the Womens Champion, she wants to take Trish's title is the message Joey!

Joey Styles: These two have had a huge rivalry in the past and it indeed looks to have opened up a new chapter once again, here tonight!!

-Commercial-

We come back to see Paul Heyman staring into the camera from backstage in his office.

Paul Heyman: Wrestlemania 22 was one of the greatest events in Wrestling History...it was an event that brought wrestling fans together...old and new...it was a ground-breaking moment in the history of the WWE...and now its done, we have to move on, we have to move...foward!

Heyman smiles.

Paul Heyman: It's time to shake things up again...so it is my pleasure to announce that beginning next Monday Night on Raw...

Heyman pauses as the crowd cheers at the return of the Draft Lottery.

Paul Heyman: Here are the specifics...there will be a total of eight drafts, four to Raw, four to Smackdown, this is a process that will take place over the next four weeks, on each episode of Raw, there will be a member of the Smackdown roster drafted, and vice versa on the episode of Smackdown, nobody will be exempt from the draft...even names like...

Heyman pauses for a few seconds.

Paul Heyman: the WWE Champion, John Cena!!!!

The crowd pops wildly in the background upon hearing Cena's name.

Paul Heyman: Or the World Heavyweight Champion...Randy Orton!!

The crowd jeers loudly upon hearing Orton's name.

Paul Heyman: Not even me...

The crowd continues to give heat which annoys Heyman.

Paul Heyman: So...enjoy the show...

Heyman smiles, we then go to a commercial break.

-Commercial-

Match #3
World Tag Team Championships
Three Minute Warning (w/Eric Bischoff) vs. Val Venis & Viscera

This is a very competitive tag team match up with Three Minute Warning working on Val Venis throughout. Val Venis though eventually manages to get the tag to Viscera who comes in and clears house. He battles against both Rosey and Jamal and then tags in Venis again. Val Venis almost wins the match for his team when he goes for the Money Shot but Jamal rolls out of the way, Rosey then helps his partner to his feet and they nail a double superkick on Viscera, followed by one on Val Venis then Jamal pins Venis for the win.
Winners: and still World Tag Team Champions...Three Minute Warning

Joey Styles: An impressive win for Three Minute Warning, defeating the very good team of Val Venis and Viscera!

The Coach: I don't know who can beat this team of Rosey and Jamal, along with Eric Bischoff in their corner, they are clearly a force to be reckoned with.

-Commercial-

"Medal" hits throughout the arena to huge heat from the crowd as Kurt Angle comes to the ring looking extremely pissed off.

Joey Styles: Here comes the man that lost last night to the Undertaker at Wrestlemania, he lo(cut off)

The Coach: No, No, No!! That's not the way you introduce Kurt Angle, this is how it goes, here comes the only olympic gold medal winner in WWE History, a three time WWE Champion!!!!

Kurt Angle grabs a microphone from the ring announcer, then begins to speak.

Kurt Angle: Last night at Wrestlemania...I was robbed of my destiny!!! I should've ended the win streak of the Undertaker...DAMMIT!!!

Angle walks in a rage and kicks the bottom turnbuckle looking really frustrated. The crowd then start a "You Suck" chant.

Kurt Angle: Undertaker, you better pray, because if I'm drafted to Smackdown, I swear to God, I'm not just gonna break your ankle, I'm gonna end your freakin' career once and for all...(cut off)

"One of a Kind" hits throughout the arena to a huge pop as Rob Van Dam makes his way to the ring for his match against Kurt Angle.

The Coach: I don't think Kurt Angle was finished yet...

Joey Styles: Well it looks like it because here comes Mr. Monday Night!!! Kurt Angle, one on one with Rob Van Dam what a fantastic match we're about to witness!!

The Coach: I wouldn't be surprised if Angle breaks the ankle of RVD here, he is in a severe bad mood here tonight, and rightfully so...

Match #4
Kurt Angle vs. Rob Van Dam

This match is the best of the night, Angle starts really impressively, kicking RVD as soon as he gets into the ring and beating him down. He remains extremely focused all throughout the match and it even gets to be a mismatch however RVD to his credit gets back into it by capitalizing on a rare mistake by Angle, he almost puts Angle away with the 5 Star Frog Splash but Angle rolled out of the way, then hit several German Suplexes, followed up by an attempt at the Angle Slam which was countered by RVD, Angle then applied the ankle lock but RVD gutted it out and got to the ropes. Eventually the finish came with Angle rolling up RVD and using the ropes for leverage for the win.
Winner: Kurt Angle

Joey Styles: Kurt Angle steals the win by using the ropes illegally!!

The Coach: Hey Styles, he didn't steal the win, he won fair and square, after all cheating is only cheating if you get caught...and Angle didn't.

Angle rolls away leaving RVD frustrated but from behind and seemingly out of nowhere, "The Masterpiece" Chris Masters appears and locks in the Master Lock on RVD. RVD struggles and tries his best to break the Masterlock but Masters is far too strong and manages to put down an already beat down RVD with the Masterlock making Van Dam pass out. Masters then spits on RVD then leaves having made his point.

Joey Styles: "The Masterpiece" Chris Masters, the Intercontinental Champion with a cowardly attack on Rob Van Dam!!

The Coach: Masters told RVD earlier tonight that he would pay for slapping him in the face, and he did, nobody disrespects Chris Masters like that, without paying for it!!

-Commercial-

We come back and see Todd Grisham running after Shawn Michaels backstage.

Todd Grisham: Shawn, a quick question please?

Michaels stops and turns around and Grisham asks the question.

Todd Grisham: I just wanted to know, why have you been acting so strange lately?

Michaels first of all goes to speak but then changes his mind, he simply then looks at Todd before walking off with no expression on his face. We cut back to Styles and The Coach.

Joey Styles: I wonder what's wrong with Shawn Michaels, his expression was blank, I've never seen him like that before...

The Coach: It's quite obvious Styles, much like Kurt Angle was moments ago, Michaels is frustrated with losing last night at Wrestlemania to Rey Mysterio, you can tell, and rightfully so because if I was an athlete the caliber of Shawn Michaels, I'd be humiliated by losing to someone like Rey Mysterio!

Joey Styles: Well Rey Mysterio is a world class athlete, there's no shame in losing to him, it was a great match...coming up next, we will crown a number one contender to the WWE Championship, when we come back from this commercial break!

-Commercial-

Main Event
Number One Contenders Match - Fatal Four Way
Edge vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. The Big Show vs. Triple H

John Cena joins commentary for this match as he waits to find out who his next opponent is. There are a series of Fatal Four Way like spots in this match with two competitors at times watching the other two go at it from outside the ring, as well as double teaming throughout, and even a triple team on the massive Big Show, trying to eliminate him from the equation.

All three triple team, The Big Show but Show fights them off and begins cleaning house, he clotheslines Edge down, then delivers a big boot knocking Shelton outside the ring, before delivering a headbutt on Triple H. Show then picks up Edge and hits a huge sidewalk slam. Show then hits a side walk Slam on Triple H. Show gets to his feet but is hit with a Super Kick by Benjamin, Show only staggers with this kick, Benjamin then nails a second Super Kick causing Show to stagger back further, Benjamin then takes a run up and delivers a third successive super kick, knocking Show out of the ring. Edge rolls out of the ring on the other side and takes a chair from underneath the ring. Triple H tries to blindside Benjamin but Benjamin avoids the attempt then nails a T-Bone Suplex on the Game.

Shelton appears to have it won but Edge nails him in the head with a steel chair, knocking out Benjamin, Edge throws the chair down and smiles but his moment of taunting costs him as Show pulls him outside the ring. Triple H manages to get an arm over Benjamin and the referee counts the 1-2-3.
Winner: Triple H

Triple H rolls over and smiles realising he just won the match. He stands up and looks over at the broadcast position. Cena takes off his headset and stands up on the table, then holds up his WWE Title.

Joey Styles: At Backlash it's going to be that man John Cena defending the WWE Championship against Triple H!!!!! What a match, I can't wait!!! We'll see you all, next week!

End of Show.

·
WF BTB Hall of Famer
2,519 Posts
Welcome back to booking Event, hopefully this time your thread won't be deleted, liked the two previous times.

Nice opening with Styles and Coach, characters were right on there sounding like a nice line up for the show, which reminds me, nice WM results too.

Excellent opening promo with the four boys, everyone was right on character... Especially Triple H. I see you're pushing Shelton, I saw a couple of little hints there, but gotta love the Benjamin, great to see you're going to use him.
Fatal Four-Way sounds sweet, will be interesting to see who comes out on top...

Michaels turn seems to be coming nicely, be interesting to see where you go with his character shift... Could this be a new Michaels all together?

Hmmmm, the RVD / Masters segment was needed but netiehr really seemed like their usual character. Masters seemed a little off and to me I don't think RVD would be one to walk up to someone and just slap them. Nothing too much to worry about but both seemed a little off.

Its great to see that Lita maybe coming back to the ring, she seemed to be getting a little stale just being a manager type thing. But its grea tto see shes coming back anf going fo rthe Womens belt... It will be good to see where you take the feud from here.

Good to see your doing the Draft the same way that this year was done... It will be good to see who gets traded...

TMW pick up the win which is good to see... Wonder who shall be the ones to step up to the plate?

Poor old Kurt just can't catch a break... Can't even get through his promo...
I would agree that Angles / RVD would be match of the night, the thought of the match gets me hyped. Would have been great to see. Shame we didn't seem more of the Angle Lock though, but Angle pulled out the win so its all good.
Masters / RVD is a definate go now... Looks like it'll be a good feud.

Michaels shifting is cool, be good to see where it goes...

Nice way to set up the match for Backlash, couldn't honestly say that I knew who was going to win (well it is BTB after all), but H picking up the win sets up the likes for a great feud. If its anything like Juvy's it will be great.

Grade A show, I only felt that one part didn't seem right... But the rest was great. Setting up nice feuds. Hopefully you keep the thread up with this standard.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts