Wrestling Forum banner

WWE TV-14

3898 Views 30 Replies 29 Participants Last post by  MR_PERVERT_
What do you think the WWE would be like in present day if it was TV-14 instead of being PG. Do you think the business would have the same current success as it has now, or would it be just like TNA. And honestly would the current WWE roster live up to being TV-14 because the roster today and the roster during the attitude era are of no comparison. Back then we had The trash talking arrogant rock, the finger flipping beer drinking austin, and the crotch chopping crude mouth not giving a fu*k what the rules where DX. Now we have the Orange and purple shirt wearing John Cena and the confusing boring Randy Orton. I guess what i am trying to say is that the current WWE roster really has no gimmicks and maybe thats because of the PG barrier. I don't know what do you guys think?
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
69,238 Posts
That must of been the dumbest thing I've read; the reason Cena and Orton's characters are like they are now is because of the PG rating. All I can say is the characters would probably be a lot more interesting, and there would still be better wrestling today than back then.

· Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
That must of been the dumbest thing I've read; the reason Cena and Orton's characters are like they are now is because of the PG rating. All I can say is the characters would probably be a lot more interesting, and there would still be better wrestling today than back then.
So your saying that Cena coming out wearing orange and purple shirts has nothing to do with attracting kids? you think the adults like his orange green and purple shirts?..think about what your saying before you say it. Hey whatever happened to Cena's rapper gimmick..hmmm i wonder why WWE suddenly changed it to the gimmick he has now..maybe because they turned PG and having the face of the WWE cussing and dissing other superstars wouldn't attract a younger audience... hell he doesen't even have a current gimmick!!

· Registered
1,667 Posts
Your probably just not intelligent enough to come up with a proper response.
You're in no shape to insult someone's intelligence with your failure to punctuate, spell, and structure sentences correctly.
However, I believe that TV-14 wouldn't save much of WWE since PG isn't the MAIN cause as to why WWE has fallen off its tracks. Pro wrestling in general has become a shadow by comparison to what it used to be simply because back then wrestling was more of a fad. Now that those "fans" have come and gone, what is left are fans that actually watch wrestling because they really enjoy it and can look pass the unrealistic nature. With people now constantly insulting pro wrestling for being "dumb and fake," a lot of people try to avoid wrestling whether it is PG or TV-14. Just go and ask anyone that used to watch wrestling why they stopped watching. I can almost guarantee the reason is far away from "because it's PG now."

· Registered
255 Posts
What do you think the WWE would be like in present day if it was TV-14 instead of being PG. Do you think the business would have the same current success as it has now, or would it be just like TNA. And honestly would the current WWE roster live up to being TV-14 because the roster today and the roster during the attitude era are of no comparison. Back then we had The trash talking arrogant rock, the finger flipping beer drinking austin, and the crotch chopping crude mouth not giving a fu*k what the rules where DX. Now we have the Orange and purple shirt wearing John Cena and the confusing boring Randy Orton. I guess what i am trying to say is that the current WWE roster really has no gimmicks and maybe thats because of the PG barrier. I don't know what do you guys think?
you forgot a midget dressed as a leprichaun

· Banned
8,284 Posts
Orton, Miz, Punk, Shaemus, Morrison and most of the crew would be just fine in a TV-14 setting. Hell Cena would be a little edgier as well.
Hi, I'm John Morrison, and I'm the Shaman of Sexy, the Personification of Pussy Eating, the Titan of Titty Fucking, the Maestro of Masturbation, the Duke of Donkey Punches, the Commander of the Clit, the Strawman of Strange, the Prince of Penis, the Earl of Orgasm, the Buddha of Ballsacks, the Father of Fisting, the VIP of HIV, the Perfection of Penetration, the Gemini of Cherry Pie, the...you get the idea.

· ~Believe~
2,738 Posts
Hi, I'm John Morrison, and I'm the Shaman of Sexy, the Personification of Pussy Eating, the Titan of Titty Fucking, the Maestro of Masturbation, the Duke of Donkey Punches, the Commander of the Clit, the Strawman of Strange, the Prince of Penis, the Earl of Orgasm, the...you get the idea.
Don't forget the King of Flings, I am sure he has had some WWE diva pass arounds

· Michael Cole is NXT
1,099 Posts
This forum really has gone down hill since the WWE Universe forum shut.... All the cretins from there have flooded to here instead, like the OP.

The product would be just the same as it is now except kids would feel cooler watching it because they would hear the word ass every other sentence

· Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,891 Posts
TV-14 wouldn't make much of a difference I don't think. The rating system is a lot more strict now than when it came out in the 90s. For much of the Attitude Era and Ruthless Aggression era shows were rated PG and had blading, chair shots and other things like that. WWE would never get away with half of the things they did from '97 to '03. They might even be looking at TV-MA ratings for some of the stuff they did. It would take very little to take the current program to a TV-14 level. Perhaps a little more cursing.

So the rating has very little to do with anything. The 2 glory eras of wrestling were for the most part rated PG.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.