Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WWE is attempting to have storylines "ripped from the headlines" in their shows, and the current angle of the RAW roster "walking out" on Triple H is referencing the Wall Street protests.

Some tweets that were re-tweeted by the company on Friday include Wade Barrett saying, "#OccupyRaw until our safety has been secured." Dolph Ziggler said, "Those dirty hippies on wall street have the right idea....We should #OccupyRAW until we get what we want! #TripleHout"

·
Ted the Moth
12,865 Posts
Brilliant! Can't think of your own stuff, copy real life!

That sounds sarcastic but it wasn't. I'd rather have this than some of the shit creative come up with themselves. If you've noticed, they've been doing it for quite a while, with Alberto Del Rio always mocking the 'filthy immigrants' in Canada, and Sheamus demanding to see Kofi's birth certificate when defending his US title (mimicking the call for Obama to show his to prove he really is American.)

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Probably started by Wade Barrett because he has more awesome in his pinky finger than the entire WWE creative team does combined.

But either way, it's a great idea and an actual decent use of politics/pop culture, which is almost unheard of in WWE. I'd like to see something actually come of it.

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
I'm 100% percent for this. JR wrote in his blog that they might be protesting outside the arena on Monday night. I really like the idea of using pop culture and politics as an influence for story lines. It would be something that has never been done, and the WWE needs to move in that direction.

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
I'm cool with this. But they need to fix the angle and stop pretending everyone feels it is unsafe, and then proceed to stand near the people making it unsafe like Lawler coming out and telling Triple H, walking out, and Mark Henry standing right there who put him on the shelf for 2 weeks. Stupid.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
As long as Michael Moore or Al Sharpton don't show their heads in the protest.

All kidding aside, I guess this would be a good idea but I'll wait to see how the angle pans out before me judging it.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I never like "ripped from the headlines" stories

I watch wrestling for fun and enjoyment, not to reanalyze my political views or discuss current events

1 - 8 of 8 Posts