Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard a sad update on former TNA star Jesse Neal. According to someone close to him, Neal has fallen on hard times and is now living out of his truck.

Apparently WWE had interest in signing Neal but may have backed off due to some physiological issues.

Regardless of the reason(s) WWE didn’t sign him, this should serve as an eye opener for many on how you can go from being a “TV star” to someone completely down on their luck.
from wrestling news world. Apparently he's had several concussions in the past, so it sounds like it could be true.

Never thought WWE would show interest in him in the first place, tbh.

· Registered
1,731 Posts
Is this the same dude who went on twitter to say he was on food stamps when still worker with tna? If it is sucks that he's living out of his truck but i don't see why wwe would want him, I never saw much in him.

· The Man
27,790 Posts
Really sucks. Hoping a friend or someone takes him in. wish he was really close with Inc Ink pal Moore because Moore is doing well without wrestling due to his tattoo place. Was reading the metro the other day and saw the ages of many who died. Its a shame how tge younger veterans seem to be forgotten. WWE should hire Neal for a backstage role or something if they care about Military so much.

· Registered
6,303 Posts
Jesses Neal is living out of his truck? the guy was a soldier, he should be taken care of for serving his country. Unless he's living out of his truck voluntarily.
What? Why? Military service is voluntary, and there are already tons of programs and benefits in place for veterans that no one else can access. Should serving in the military mean you're taken care of for life? Not only is that illogical, but there simply isn't room in the federal budget to "take care of" veterans any more than we already do.

· Harvester of Sorrow
13,772 Posts
What? Why? Military service is voluntary, and there are already tons of programs and benefits in place for veterans that no one else can access. Should serving in the military mean you're taken care of for life? Not only is that illogical, but there simply isn't room in the federal budget to "take care of" veterans any more than we already do.
I just think that the guy put his life on the line for his country. He risked his life, and suffered from it, losing friends and getting PTSD, and going into those war thorn countries while the suits in Washington continue to make more trouble. I just think the least they could do it try to help him. I've read stories of other army veterans who have had the same problem so it's a quite frequent.

BTW, What benefits are these people entitled to anyway?

· Registered
3,828 Posts
I read somewhere (believe it was tnawrestlingnews.com) that he wanted to appear on the Tribute to the Troops show. That much I wouldn't be opposed to, especially if it was early on in the show. As the guy was a former Navy seal and risked his life for this country, I respect that. However, as a full-time performer, I didn't have much interest in him in TNA to see that he would be a good asset to the WWE. But concussion issue or not, if him and WWE could come to terms. Appearing at Tribute to the Troops wouldn't be a terrible idea, in my opinion.

And if the guy is living out of his truck, that sucks. Really don't know what else to say on that case.

· Registered
8,640 Posts
They probably didn't sign him because he has absolutely nothing to offer them. Still, I never like to see people fall on hard times, hope he gets back on his feet soon. Maybe ROH would take him? They seem to love guys with no charisma...

· Registered
2,161 Posts
Jesse Neal. Didn't he bitch about his pay at TNA then quit? (or something along those lines). I knew he'd be screwed by not taking whatever they offered.
He didn't want to go to OVW for more training, or at least that is what I recall. Maybe the guy should take a job at McDonalds so he can at least get back on his feet. Who knows, the politics of this country may shift, and the economy may get better so he can move up from there.

· Registered
3,274 Posts
I just think that the guy put his life on the line for his country. He risked his life, and suffered from it, losing friends and getting PTSD, and going into those war thorn countries while the suits in Washington continue to make more trouble. I just think the least they could do it try to help him. I've read stories of other army veterans who have had the same problem so it's a quite frequent.

BTW, What benefits are these people entitled to anyway?
You're right. Soldiers, nurses and all other people who a society depends on, should get social welfare.

Or are you just talking about people with cool jobs in the public service?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.