Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted by PWMania.com Staff on 10/18/2013 News

- During the Ryback match on Monday’s RAW, Jerry Lawler’s line about fans loving the Bill Goldberg chants was fed to him by Vince McMahon. The timing for the Goldberg DVD plugs was no coincidence either as WWE officials are very interested in getting Goldberg for a match at WrestleMania XXX.
I'd love to see Goldberg come back, as long as he doesn't face Lesnar :D

Maybe he could face Undertaker, Cena or Ryback. Which one would you like to see?

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
People think he is washed up. Isn't a draw and think he shouldn't return because it isn't 1998. I would say to them don't be so serious. Goldberg has got at least one good drawing match in him for a return depending on his opponent and Im sure kids today who don't know him will be taken in by his monster appearance and will probably become an instant heel. Short term for business it is better to have him around than not have him around. Plus he is a much bigger star than RVD who has just returned.

Id like to see it like this.

Ryback is in the ring and cuts a promo about he is pissed off with the Goldberg chants and says Goldberg is nothing compared to him. Then cut to his music or maybe his music the following week.

·
THE ONE.
5,323 Posts
Goldberg vs Ryback makes sense IMO, I personally think Undertaker, Lesnar, Cena are better off facing others. Would be an awesome middle of the card attraction.

add in one of Rock or Austin and ...:mark:

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
RR14: "Ryback enters at number 29, destroys everyone in the ring, standing tall." YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT :mark:

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
WWE better not set a budget for themselves if they want WM30 to be the biggest ever. If they want Goldberg, Sting, and Austin to all compete at WM30 they need to write some big checks to them. They need to give them offers they cant refuse. Since Rock will most likely not be at WM30 they can use what they would pay him on those 3 and add a some more.

·
"Night's Watch! With Me!"
8,030 Posts
I'd love to see Goldberg come back, as long as he doesn't face Lesnar :D

Maybe he could face Undertaker, Cena or Ryback. Which one would you like to see?
Goldberg vs. the door...with the door winning in a squash

·
Registered
187 Posts

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Ryback vs Goldberg, please, just don't give him Taker or Lesnar. Cena/Goldberg would be an awesome match, but not for WM, maybe Summerslam

·
Asuka
96,569 Posts
He won't come back. The only person that makes sense to face Goldberg is Ryback and Goldberg isn't interested in facing Ryback, plus it won't be high enough on the card for someone with his ego, plus it won't be a big enough pay day for the same reason.

A shame, I'd love to see him squash Ryback or just return regardless. Goldberg made having no talent fun for once.

·
Lurking. Always lurking.
4,725 Posts
I wasn't around during the Goldberg years, so I'm not sure what to expect out of him. Seen some stuff on youtube but I find it hard most of the time to get into wrestling from back in the day vids, so I don't count that as reliable intel, so to speak.

That being said, if they DID go the Ryback - Goldberg route, who would you expect to get over? Seems like a lose-lose situation for the IWC. Either Goldberg wins (que the "why are returning Superstars booked over current Superstars?"- threads) OR Ryback wins (in which case que the "Ryback is no Goldberg, wtf, they're ruining our memories, fuck the WWE etc" threads), either way the people will have a fieldday. Not sure if that's what's "Best for Business" ...

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Wow this wm is looking terrible already fpalm

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
^^Never a fan of him either, I still believe that he is a terrible wrestler, but he's a draw and it could bring good things on the table at WM

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
If Taker doesn't face Cena, I'd love Goldberg to face Cena at WM. If all the big names came through then Wrestlemania would be so action packed. Although I think Austin/Rock have about 1% chance of showing up.

Seriously who main events this card?
Taker-Cena
Bryan-HHH (WWE title)
Punk-Austin
Rock-Lesnar

Plus Goldberg vs. Reigns (prefer him over Ryback in this match) or even better...Batista

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I never understood why so many disliked Goldberg, maybe its just me but i loved watching him destroy guys with the spear and Jackhammer. I know he was no Bret Hart in the ring or anything but i just always got entertained by him demolishing guys. Not every wrestler needs to be a technical wizard in the ring. Sometimes its just fun to watch a wrestlers destroy guys and leave.

I just always found his matches fun. We had plenty of wrestlers with long technical matches back in the day, so it was cool to have 1 wrestlers that just showed up destroyed guys and left.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
If Taker doesn't face Cena, I'd love Goldberg to face Cena at WM. If all the big names came through then Wrestlemania would be so action packed. Although I think Austin/Rock have about 1% chance of showing up.

Seriously who main events this card?
Taker-Cena
Bryan-HHH (WWE title)
Punk-Austin
Rock-Lesnar

Plus Goldberg vs. Reigns (prefer him over Ryback in this match) or even better...Batista
Nothing will main event over Cena/Taker.
Wm 30 should be

Cena/Taker
Bryan/ Lesnar wwe title
Punk/HHH

And I don't wanna see Goldberg but if I had to I guess he can face Orton or someone.

·
Asuka
96,569 Posts
I wasn't around during the Goldberg years, so I'm not sure what to expect out of him. Seen some stuff on youtube but I find it hard most of the time to get into wrestling from back in the day vids, so I don't count that as reliable intel, so to speak.

That being said, if they DID go the Ryback - Goldberg route, who would you expect to get over? Seems like a lose-lose situation for the IWC. Either Goldberg wins (que the "why are returning Superstars booked over current Superstars?"- threads) OR Ryback wins (in which case que the "Ryback is no Goldberg, wtf, they're ruining our memories, fuck the WWE etc" threads), either way the people will have a fieldday. Not sure if that's what's "Best for Business" ...
Goldberg would definitely win because Ryback is playing a bully, plus he's the type of guy that's a mark for himself and he wouldn't agree to sully his image by losing to a geek like Ryback, maybe even anyone. His entire basis as a character was that beating him was virtually impossible, certainly completely impossible by fair means. I don't think the IWC would care too much about Goldberg beating Ryback, maybe they would. I'd like to think that most Internet fans know that Ryback utterly sucks. The "you can't wrestle" and "Goldberg" chants are not coming from casual fans.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I never understood why so many disliked Goldberg, maybe its just me but i loved watching him destroy guys with the spear and Jackhammer. I know he was no Bret Hart in the ring or anything but i just always got entertained by him demolishing guys. Not every wrestler needs to be a technical wizard in the ring. Sometimes its just fun to watch a wrestlers destroy guys and leave.
This, and theres many excellent 'technical' wrestlers that couldnt squash as well as Goldberg even if they were booked that way - he made it exciting even though you knew he'd win.

Only thing is he had limited appeal as it got boring after a while but for a short comeback that wont be a problem - I'd like to see him have 3-4 squashes on raw then a ppv match rather than just 1 match though, might as well use him for what he's best at.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts