Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What did everyone think of the Trivia segment on last night's show? I thought it was pretty interesting. Kaval was awesome, he seems to know a lot about WWE history. I'm assuming the whole thing was real and not scripted, I guess I could be wrong. It seemed like Riley was getting really pissed off that he wasn't getting any points though.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Yeah it was probably scripted I mean it toke Joe like 10 seconds to figure out who competed in the ironman at Wrestlemania 12 I mean really?..All three of them should of known the answer right away.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I doubt it was scripted. As someone pointed out yesterday if Riley had aced the thing there would be threads saying that he really knows the business and everyone should vote for him. But because he failed miserably there has to be something wrong with it.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,966 Posts
Its pretty obvious that NXT's entire script is just bullet points.

You can tell by the feel of the whole show.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I liked the segment, and i actually got a question wrong (It was The Diva Search one, sp im not that disappointed in my self)

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
lol at the Riley marks saying it was scripted. It was obvious he would lose. He isn't exactly a wrestling fan, he's a crossover from another sport.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Kaval knows Demolitions Theme Song by heart!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought it was pretty funny when Riley said he didn't care that he was losing and Striker said something like "yeah well you should care because the winner gets something pretty important". Matt Striker cracks me up with the way he's so confrontational with the NXT rookies. He refuses to let them push him around at all. Like when Riley tried to grab the microphone out of his hand he wouldn't let go and he kind of pushed him on the shoulder.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
mostly all wrestling is scripted but nxt most specifically, its not as scripted as the other shows, wwe wants to see how these guys act under pressure without a script and see how they can deliver a promo, that's why you always see some of them choking on their promos like lucky cannon, kaval's rap, etc. i'am so sure that's scripted. like come on, use ur common sense and that trivia thing probably wasn't scripted either.

·
Excellent. The bar is so low we can step over it.
1,115 Posts
I always sort of assume that with this and every other segment on NXT, they're told the key details of when to fail and when to outshine everyone, but beyond that it's just "do as you like and make people give a shit". I assume the failings and the strugglings were because they were given an order on their way out. They were told the 1,2,3 breakdown and told to get there. In all honesty, under those circumstances, it's going to come off a little weak anyway.

Matt Striker cracks me up with the way he's so confrontational with the NXT rookies. He refuses to let them push him around at all. Like when Riley tried to grab the microphone out of his hand he wouldn't let go and he kind of pushed him on the shoulder.
That annoys the shit out of me. I like Striker, I really do. I think he'll go down as one of the better commentators to have worked for the WWE. This isn't a criticism of him, but of the WWE.

NXT is supposed to be building the next big thing, the next big star. The main guys to come out of this show are supposed to come out and be the company's immediate future. They're supposed to have proven their worth and earned respect and credibility. You don't treat the future of your company as a little bitch. You don't make them look inferior to a fucking commentator.

This is the finale of the show. The next thing these people are going to do is go out and have to stand up on the same show as people like Edge and Chris Jericho and Rey Mysterio and CM Punk and John Cena and Randy Orton. And, if NXT Season 1 is anything to go by, they aren't going to be going in as an equal to Goldust. Hell, if logic is anything to go by, they aren't going to have spent all this time being built up on their own show just to be treated like nobodies afterwards. They will come in like they're worth a damn. Like they've proven something.

It makes zero sense to have someone go from being made a fool of by Matt Striker, having been looked down on by a commentator, to being able to stand toe to toe with Chris Jericho. Because, you do that, you imply that Chris Jericho, Sheamus, The Miz and everyone else on the show who interacts with them after they leave NXT are inferior to a fucking commentator. It's idiocy that sprouts from a company who seem to have forgotten the purpose of their show in the middle of writing it.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Yeah it was probably scripted I mean it toke Joe like 10 seconds to figure out who competed in the ironman at Wrestlemania 12 I mean really?..All three of them should of known the answer right away.
Exactly! LOL at people saying this one wasn't scripted. What you mentioned was proof enough. Still to make sure, later on McGillicutty went on to fuck up the question about Triple H's theme, why would he try if he doesn't know. Kaval being a WWF/E geek also looked too suspicious the way he played it, like he was Matt Striker or something. And besides, if Riley wasn't a fan, how would he know exactly that last question's answer, maybe would of said The Rock or Stone Cold by guessing? Not that he didn't know some of the others, he just got beat to it. Which btw, with them fighting over who's gonna be first, seemed really fake, as in scripted.
With Kaval seemingly being chosen as the winner, they have to make him the favourite. This week they made Riley look bad with not being a real wrestling fan, which is one of the worst things in everybody's eyes. Last week they had McGillicutty lose to Ryder, after which they as if on purpose had Zack get humiliated to make McGillicutty look as weak as possible. He lost to a guy who couldn't last 10 secs with the champ.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
I don't think it was scripted

Funniest moment was when Riley answered the question about the dynamic dudes and said "boogey boards". Me not knowing the answer thought he was right, because he said it with such confidence :lmao

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
LOL There was no way that was scripted. Kaval and McGillicutty were racing for the buzzer. 9/10 of the time they weren't even looking at each other.

·
SELF HIGH FIVE
844 Posts
I enjoy that part of NXT, they should do it with everyone! I would watch that, anyways...

i don't think it was scripted as they all seemed to interact in a competitive way rather than a ' oh wait it's your turn to get it correct'

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.