Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-- WWE is starting to contact businesses it believes are infringing on Daniel Bryan's "Yes!" catch phrase, which they have trademarked.

Source : PWInsider

What? So if I say Yes outside of a wwe arena i will be sued by Vince?

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
How the fuck can they even think about trademarking one of the most commonly used words in the english language?

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
So they trademarked the yes word ok very good.Now everytime my girlfriend asks me to do something I'll just reply no because I fear legal claims by the WWE.

Thank you vince.

Reactions: CFL

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,529 Posts
They trademarked it for merchandise purposes. Anyone who tries to print "YES! YES! YES!" on a t-shirt will probably be sued.

It's stupid but Cranky Vince has the desire to go trademark happy these days.

·
Banned
4,010 Posts
Trademarking the phrase yes? Is that even possible?

·
Premium Member
6,275 Posts
I agree with this move. D-Bry should get a percentage in any gains made by taking advantage of his YES revolution.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Trademarking a word, wow. What's next? Trademarking the whole alphabet? :lmao This is just unreal, maybe if the limitations of those trademark are only to printed-shirts then fine. I know it's been very long but did they also trademark "What?" back in 2001?

·
Premium Member
3,682 Posts
WWE are just being sensible, you should always at least try to trademark everything.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
So WWE don't want a chant associated with their brand to be heard at other live/sporting events in these socially active/viral times, garnering them media attention in the process?

Wow.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts