Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Banned
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't see this posted but for those of you who miss Batista, good news lol, WWE is apparently going to push another talent named Mason Ryan to be the next "Animal", Batista

Thoughts??

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/report-wwe-grooming-new-fcw-animal-to-replace-batista-120011
F4WOnline.com is reporting that WWE is currently grooming Florida Championship Wrestling Champion Mason Ryan to be a new Batista of sorts. Reports claim that Ryan bears a striking resemblance to "The Animal," and he is expected to get a big push right from the get-go when he is called up to the main WWE roster. It hasn't been said yet which brand Ryan is expected to debut with, but officials plan to use the Welsh wrestler similarly to how Batista was used in his WWE run.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I know Batista couldn't wrestle for much but I'm tired of WWE bringing wrestlers who have zero experience, zero charisma and zero in ring ability.

·
8,232 Posts
LOL it's like he never left. Identical.

Seriously though, I hope they don't just throw his ass into the main event. Have the guy pay his damn dues at least somewhat.

And after Batista's heel run, he's earned all types of new respect from me, especially after that ****1/2 at Mania with Cena and the hellacious I Quit match at OTL which I was live in attendence for.

Basically, to me at least, Batista is the fucking man. You don't just get some look-a-like body builder and call him the next Batista. The guy has to prove himself to me first.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,616 Posts
Pfft, how many wrestlers do they try to push to be the next big thing? It's not so surprising that Mason is going to be pushed hard simply because of his size. Everyone like that get's pushed hard, and I can't see anything coming from this either. Currently you have Ezekiel Jackson and Jackson Andrews, both of which seem to be booked very strongly as a monster, Mason I would assume falls under the same category therefore making Mason just as relevant as Zeke and Jackson, and as for pushing him as the next Batista, well big deal.

Reactions: X-Pensive Wino

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Yeah, let's push this guy and throw him in the ME when we have guys like Ziggler around.

Haha, I would like the idea though. As long as he looks credible and has that it feeling to him, I can see the IWC going nuts about him.

·
Bowing down to the BEAST INCARNATE
4,567 Posts
Pfft, how many wrestlers do they try to push to be the next big thing? It's not so surprising that Mason is going to be pushed hard simply because of his size. Everyone like that get's pushed hard, and I can't see anything coming from this either. Currently you have Ezekiel Jackson and Jackson Andrews, both of which seem to be booked very strongly as a monster, Mason I would assume falls under the same category therefore making Mason just as relevant as Zeke and Jackson, and as for pushing him as the next Batista, well big deal.
I wouldn't call taking the World's Strongest Slam a good booking move on behalf of creative concerning Andrews' monster characteristics.

·
Registered
21,650 Posts
This is some old news. I'm looking forward to seeing him, the Welsh could do with their own hero.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Recycling, recycling, recycling... Andrews is new Diesel, Mason Ryan new Batista, new monsters, yada, yada...

Just let Big Zeke to kill everyone and that's it.

·
Banned
342 Posts
A Welsh Batista?
You know, if I wasn't so mature this is the part where I'd make a joke about him fucking sheep. But I won't do that because I quite like the Welsh. They have Christian Bale and Anthony Hopkins and the Tudors! The Welsh have the fucking Tudors! And BATMAN!
God bless them all.

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
Since we're in the mode of creating new stars, why can't they be more original?

Basically, he doesn't have to be Batista V2. Same facial hair and all. Attire/entrance might be as similar :no:

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
Well this guy's probably gonna debut hot. Attack the shit out of everyone, then 4 months later we'll completely forget about him, he's reduced to lower midcard status and ends up jobbing to guys like Mark Henry. Ouch! Jobbing to a jobber.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Welshtista = New Batista
Andrew Jackson = Kevin Nash
Ezekiel Jackson = Bobby Lashley

And the next generation lives on!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've seen some of his matches and I like the guy. He definately has a ways to go before a main event push imo. I could see the IWC loving this guy, and him becoming a favorite in 2011.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts