Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
AJ Styles = Vince's favorite since beginning but took over decade to convince him to join in.

Anderson = well, they need something to elevate AJ as heel back then while he had feud with Roman, Roman was backed up by Usos,so they need equalizer.

I think Okada won't think twice if NXT offer him big money,less schedule than main roster, proper exposure, plus he might be discuss this thing with his fellow Japanese like Kushida before he decides.

·
Registered
859 Posts
No way Okada switches his position as the best and number 1 in Japan to go to NXT only to get the Shinsuke Nakamura treatment.
WWE doesn't know how to book japanese wrestlers and we haven't had a consistent run from any of the japanese in WWE.

Asuka was the closest but she has been fed over and over again to build WWE's chosen star (Charlotte, Shayna,etc).
Nakamura was ruined since his WM match
Kairi is completely buried after being treated well in NXT
Io Shirai is still legit and has the potential but she is not their main focus.
So yeah

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
I've said it before....someone like Okada goes directly to RAW or Smackdown. You define him down by placing him for 1 - 4 years in NXT. That's a huge demotion in status and salary.

Certain free agents skip NXT, like Sting and AJ Styles. They're veteran enough to adapt to "WWE Style" without wasting valuable years in a dark little arena in front of the same set of fans week after week.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Watch the FCW documentary,most of the past talents like Seth was thought "I suppose deserve more than this" but they were treated as " new student" and must learn according to "WWE textbook" , it's still boss (Vince) decision, what's Okada appeal or his uniqueness? Is he valuable enough? More important, is he moneymaker for WWE if they give him huge push?

Don't compare him with AJ Styles or Sting,both of them were known so well for US wrestling market and have good track record before jump to WWE. Does Okada have this track record? Sure every smarks (sorry, don't feel offended)will say check his work on internet,most casual fans don't have time to look on it.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts