1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
7,561 Posts
I think it would be smarter to partner up with a Japanese promotion (New Japan obviously being the best) and opening another PC stateside.

·
The EST of NXT
28,562 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Asuka and Io transitioned perfectly to the WWE style. Nakamura and Kairi didn't, but that makes us break even. I'd love to see Okada in NXT. His physical charisma would transcend the language barrier.

Asuka already work for US promotion before,so she quite understand with how does the wrestling biz in US, by workrate or culture.

Yeah, if WWE could tapping up Okada and make him as their FOTC in Japan and work sometimes for NXT US,I think they could lure few talents from Japan to work with them.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Okada should be the exception to the rule. I'd rather see him jump directly to RAW or Smackdown. He's too big of a star to be relegated to a developmental territory for one to three years; it was the same with AJ Styles and Sting. Technically by WWE's own guidelines they should have been sent to developmental to "learn to work WWE style", but these names were far too big to squander in NXT.

And while NXT is making strides to moving away from a developmental brand, until it's regularly drawing 5K - 10K each week on television, until its stars are main eventing PPVs, and until there is really no difference between it, RAW, and Smackdown in terms of roster composition - it's still a developmental territory. And that's a step down - if not an insult - for the biggest star in New Japan of the last decade.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe even Okada end up at NXT, he probably will only have short period there like when Rhea work for UK division before transferred to US and they probably don't want to be hurry to open the Japan Division, just the Performance Center, speak about PC, whatever happen to Saudi or Middle East branch.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I think this will definitely work, it may take time some but WWE has the marketing and money machine a lot of stars there also the product will be just like NXT UK meaning they can still work in the indies and have the freedom to do whatever they like but I could see them working on NXT in the US but I heard HHH wants to get Naito, Sandana, & Okada but hoping Asuka, Nakamura, Tozawa, Kairi & maybe Io gets put on that NXT Japan brand as well if it happens which is rumored for this Summer. With Inoki & Hase training them properly we could see more Puroresu wrestlers joining overall good business deal but bring back Taka Michinoku! HHH pretty sure will put the right people that will fit NXT Japan and Matt Bloom who definitely has a connection with Japan. They will have tough competition cause NJPW, Dragon Gate, All Japan are the three biggest Japanese Wrestling companies.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Surprised they are going to roll with this given the failed attempts partnering with Stardom and NOAH. There is a lot of competition over there for them to come in as outsiders. The performance centre would be a huge pull for wrestlers though. Whether the Japenese audience would be into NXT Japan would be another thing.

They have apparently had Satomura on payroll for this a while to be a head trainer. There is certainly already a nucleus of talent in WWE that could head over and get things started, not least if they likely tape every other month. Saree and Jiro have already signed up.

I thought Middle East, Germany or Australia would be next. Canada was even rumoured. Could see a yearly roll out.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Think Japan is kinda their biggest challenge there, I don't know with the other country in Europe but England or I can say United Kingdom dominate the market for Europe but seems NXT UK still look weak by try to breach the upside and their talents still work for US branch. Japan will become the different for WWE , despite they have big name but they will treat equal in Japan.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'd love to see Okada in NXT. His physical charisma would transcend the language barrier.
That's insane, the greatest wrestler in the world today would never go to a developmental brand of WWE.
You can only lure him with big big money, instant recognition of his acomplishments around the world and your best title on him very soon.
After all the efforts NJPW put in him for almost a decade he would be very stupid to just go to NXT or even worse to NXT Japan if that could really be a thing.

About this performance center, who will work with them ? Japanesse wrestlers are reluctant working with WWE. How many promotions did they try to buy? The couldn't even buy females promotion Stardom even though they only seem to successfuly hire female wrestlers from Japan. They thought that inducting the owner of Stardom in their joke "hall of fame" would help.

The bottom line is WWE has no idea how to work the japanesse style of wrestling business.
I am not sure that even in Mexico they could have more success after what they did to the UK wrestling circuit.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Maybe even Okada end up at NXT, he probably will only have short period there like when Rhea work for UK division before transferred to US and they probably don't want to be hurry to open the Japan Division, just the Performance Center, speak about PC, whatever happen to Saudi or Middle East branch.
Sorry but are you a troll?
Rhea was a nobody before NXT and she kind of still is, compared to Okada at least who reached stardom level for some years now. It is like comparing Lita/ Trish/Ivory to Mutoh/Chono/Hashimoto.

Someone said that wrestlers in UK were signed but still allowed to wrestling in the indy circuit. That's the catch ,WWE "allowed" them to wrestle but they were pulled out from a lot of shows.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry but are you a troll?
Rhea was a nobody before NXT and she kind of still is, compared to Okada at least who reached stardom level for some years now. It is like comparing Lita/ Trish/Ivory to Mutoh/Chono/Hashimoto.

Someone said that wrestlers in UK were signed but still allowed to wrestling in the indy circuit. That's the catch ,WWE "allowed" them to wrestle but they were pulled out from a lot of shows.
Who say or refer it as comparation, it's just your assumption, what I mean is they might be use Okada for a while in dev show for trial, it's normal thing unless he's boss' favorite like AJ Styles who directly hit the main roster and win the WWE title in same year. I prefer (if he get signed) play around at NXT for a while to boost his stock to casual fans in WWE.

·
The EST of NXT
28,562 Posts
That's insane, the greatest wrestler in the world today would never go to a developmental brand of WWE.
You can only lure him with big big money, instant recognition of his acomplishments around the world and your best title on him very soon.
After all the efforts NJPW put in him for almost a decade he would be very stupid to just go to NXT or even worse to NXT Japan if that could really be a thing.

About this performance center, who will work with them ? Japanesse wrestlers are reluctant working with WWE. How many promotions did they try to buy? The couldn't even buy females promotion Stardom even though they only seem to successfuly hire female wrestlers from Japan. They thought that inducting the owner of Stardom in their joke "hall of fame" would help.

The bottom line is WWE has no idea how to work the japanesse style of wrestling business.
I am not sure that even in Mexico they could have more success after what they did to the UK wrestling circuit.
Nakamura came here, Asuka came here, and Io is here. Japanese people have to go to NXT because the camera work and wrestling style is completely different than Japan.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
my guess this will be for the Asia base roster and not just Japan wrestlers but wrestler from the like of China,Singapore,India and South Korea

The brand will be NXT Asia not NXT Japan

WWE all ready has one trainer for this Performance Center and that's is Kendo Kashin

·
Registered
233 Posts
Nakamura came here, Asuka came here, and Io is here. Japanese people have to go to NXT because the camera work and wrestling style is completely different than Japan.
Keep dreaming, maybe you didn't follow NJPW but Okada in Japan is way much higher in rankings than any of them, hell even Naito. It's like Hulk Hogan goes to Japan but first is sent to developmental. Okada is a superstar you don't send him in NXT to get used with the camera and by the way the camera work in NJPW is better than WWE's. Have you seen the angles they do with the camera in NJPW?

·
The EST of NXT
28,562 Posts
Keep dreaming, maybe you didn't follow NJPW but Okada in Japan is way much higher in rankings than any of them, hell even Naito. It's like Hulk Hogan goes to Japan but first is sent to developmental. Okada is a superstar you don't send him in NXT to get used with the camera and by the way the camera work in NJPW is better than WWE's. Have you seen the angles they do with the camera in NJPW?
It doesn't matter whose camera work is subjectively better or worse. Anyone will look stupid while staring in the wrong direction during a major moment that needs a facial closeup.

·
Custom User Title
6,383 Posts
If Okada were to ever sign with WWE, he would skip NXT and go straight to the main roster. They had Anderson and AJ Styles skip over NXT, and they were both big names in NJPW as well.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts