Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im watching this Bound For Glory thing and im wondering what the point is in having a tournament for a title shot involving guys who get title shots given to them all the time. Im thinking how much cooler it would be if it just involved rookies or guys who have never had a title shot before and how much you can play that up. Then bam oh yeah King of the Ring could work.

This would immediately exclude all the old timers and guys who are already in the main event picture all the time and would be a good way to get a fresh face some exposure. You can still field a pretty damn good roster and use the underdog storyline or in the case of an old timer whos never had a shot before it can be a feel good story.

This would be my list

The Shield Guys
Cody Rhodes (im not sure if hes had a title shot before)
Dolph Ziggler (again not sure about him)
Big E
Goldust (correct me if im wrong but has he ever actually had a WWE title shot before?)
Bo Dallas:flip

I dont know but i think it would be pretty entertaining.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Ziggler is a former WHC... that would count no?

Dean Ambrose
Big E Langston
Kofi Kingston
Antonio Cesaro
Cody Rhodes
Bray Wyatt
Wade Barrett
Justin Gabriel

·
Registered
572 Posts
Well thats kinda difficult because even guys like R-Truth have had title shots. It will basically just be the jobbers.

I liked what they did in the Smackdown MITB this year. All MITB competitors had never held the title. That worked fine.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well thats kinda difficult because even guys like R-Truth have had title shots. It will basically just be the jobbers.

I liked what they did in the Smackdown MITB this year. All MITB competitors had never held the title. That worked fine.
Yeah but that was for the 2nd title and cash ins are cheap, not like a match where you can build a storyline.

·
Banned
859 Posts
^the fact that we think so much alike is so amazing to me.

Reactions: austin316 G.O.A.T
1 - 8 of 8 Posts