Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
WWF Title reigns that matter:

Best: Bruno Sammartino, Bob Backlund, and Hulk Hogan.

Good: Randy Savage, Bret Hart, Yokozuna, Shawn Michaels (1996), and The Undertaker (1997).

Watered down reigns but good champions: Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Triple H, and Kurt Angle.

Not really interested in WWE reigns/most are watered down/carrying a prop.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Why don't you like The Rock? That's weird - I've almost never heard of anyone disliking The Rock lol. Some might prefer Stone Cold or others to him, but outright disliking him is weird. Have you even seen Rock in his prime during his title reigns? He has the best case in history for being the most entertaining wrestler ever I think.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why don't you like The Rock? That's weird - I've almost never heard of anyone disliking The Rock lol. Some might prefer Stone Cold or others to him, but outright disliking him is weird. Have you even seen Rock in his prime during his title reigns? He has the best case in history for being the most entertaining wrestler ever I think.
I watched him when I was younger. I am only 16, but my stepdad was mean, and we only bonded over wrestling. We would watch old WCW matches. I saw Rock vs Austin, and it was a great match. I am just personally not a big fan of his reign. I remeber watching old Chris Jericho, Benoit, Eddie, and Dean Malenko matches in WCW. I also remember watching Sandman matches.

What was your favorite feud and era in wrestling?
Mine was Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker, I watched their WM matches.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
I watched him when I was younger. I am only 16, but my stepdad was mean, and we only bonded over wrestling. We would watch old WCW matches. I saw Rock vs Austin, and it was a great match. I am just personally not a big fan of his reign. I remeber watching old Chris Jericho, Benoit, Eddie, and Dean Malenko matches in WCW. I also remember watching Sandman matches.

What was your favorite feud and era in wrestling?
Mine was Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker, I watched their WM matches.
I don't even remember all of Rock's title reigns per se. The one where he was corporate champ I do, but the ones beyond not so much. I know he won it the one year going into summerslam 2002 vs Brock, and then again vs CM Punk years later, not very long ones. Bottom line for Rock - everything he did is entertaining, so by default his title reigns, or his feuds going for the title - all of it is pretty good. If you're looking more in terms of "longest title reigns/best set of opponents" - maybe he doesn't come out at the top.

I've been watching wrestling on and off for over 30 years. My favorite feud ever might be the love/hate triangle between HBK (dx style), Bret Hart (go Canada) and Stone Cold in 1997 - loved that, that's when I really became a die-hard fan.
But of course - Vince/Austin, and especially Austin/Rock was amazing too.

I really enjoyed the Taker/HBK 26 match tremendously, mostly because of how long and well-done the feud and build-up was. WM25 was great too, but WM26 match had the longer feud and build, and bigger odds, so I preferred it.

Also - I see you have Daniel Bryan in your top tier. I think Daniel Bryan towards WM30 and winning the belt - one of the best mania moments ever, fantastic build and match, all of it. But that title reign for Bryan was really sucky. He fought Kane a few times lol, that's it. Maybe you're referring to his "Planet's champion" reign instead - that one was pretty good.

Best champion ever? Hulk Hogan, easily imo.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts