Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, Orton once again retained the WWE Title...which does in fact leave him with pretty limited options for who he faces next PPV.

They surely can't do another one on one match with Barrett, having had two of those already. I presume that Cena will get reinstated on RAW and he/Barrett will have a feud ending match, possibly at TLC which leaves Orton with not much to do. He can't have a one on one feud with Sheamus again...because they only just did that.

So, any ideas of what they might do? I guess they could do a three way with Barrett/Cena. Although I noticed with Sheamus delivering his promo last night that he mentioned Morrisno being jealous that he'll never be WWE Champion, Morrison beat Sheamus, and with Sheamus being one of the top guys, he has a kind of claim to getting into the picture. So, if there isn't anyone else to step in. Morrison and Sheamus could have a triple thread ladder match or something with Orton for the title with Orton obviously retaining. I think Cena/Barrett have to sort their feud out before one of them steps back into the title picture.

What do you reckon is most likely?

·
Banned
402 Posts
Re: Ortons next challenger *Survivor Series Spoilers*

Barret/Sheamus are the only people I can think of - maybe if Y2J comes back he could face him.

Also your thread title is a bit of a give away to the match - just saying'
:p

·
Registered
4,592 Posts

Barrett some more , in fact he will probably invoke rematch clause tommorow and win the thing , this is getting fucking ridiculous if he doesn't.

Ok and then , after Barrett has the title at some point John Morrisson probably takes the title off of him (Hes beat Sheamus and Jericho clean so hes got the credibility)

Then Miz probably cashes in on his old buddy John Morrisson to spark a Miz Vs. Morrisson fued this time , in the main event

Triple H returning or John Cena not actually being fired could easily change this though

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Surely they can't do Barrett/Orton again right? I don't expect Cena to stay away for long, in fact he'll probably be back on RAW, so Cena does need revenge on Barrett, it would make sense. I guess if they keep Cena out for longer, Barrett could challenge again, have Cena come back and challenge him for the title etc.

I just don't want to see anymore Barrett/Orton.

·
Asuka
96,366 Posts

Sheamus just jobbed clean to a running knee, it would be ridiculous to put him back in the main event right now.

It's going to be something with Barrett, and Barrett will inevitably lose again, which is...stupid on so many levels.

·
Banned
1,189 Posts

Pyro™;9067021 said:
Sheamus just jobbed clean to a running knee, it would be ridiculous to put him back in the main event right now.

It's going to be something with Barrett, and Barrett will inevitably lose again, which is...stupid on so many levels.
It's better than the Starship Pain. Could be his new finisher. It does fit him.

·
Asuka
96,366 Posts
That'd be a better finisher for Daniel Bryan, Morrison hasn't earned anything that awesome, not to mention, Bryan and KENTA wrestle the same style and Morrison doesn't, so it fits better, but yeah, I'm down with that as a finishing move, but not some running knee graze on the ground.

·
Banned
1,189 Posts
That'd be a better finisher for Daniel Bryan, Morrison hasn't earned anything that awesome, but yeah, I'm down with that, but not some running knee graze on the ground.
Nor has Danielson. I thought Morrison won with a flying knee to the face though. I haven't seen the match in decent quality yet, but it didn't look like Morrison's feet were on the ground from the grainy video I saw on youtube before WWE pulled it.

·
Asuka
96,366 Posts
Why not? He's the best ring worker in the company, and he's much better than Morrison ever will be.

It wasn't a flying knee, Sheamus was on the ground. Whether his feet were off the ground (slightly) or not doesn't make a difference, it's just not a convincing move in that context. I've got no problem with a knee being used in a finisher, just not that finisher. Not the one he pulled off last night.

·
Banned
1,189 Posts
Why not? He's the best ring worker in the company, and he's much better than Morrison ever will be.
What exactly has he done that Morrison hasn't to 'earn' that move? It's not have great matches, because Morrison had a slew of them last year.

It wasn't a flying knee, Sheamus was on the ground. Whether his feet were off the ground (slightly) or not doesn't make a difference, it's just not a convincing move in that context. I've got no problem with a knee being used in a finisher, just not that finisher. Not the one he pulled off last night.
Like I say, shit quality video. And why would it matter if Sheamus' feet were on the floor or not?

·
Asuka
96,366 Posts
What exactly has he done that Morrison hasn't to 'earn' that move? It's not have great matches, because Morrison had a slew of them last year.
Morrison's matches aren't really that great. They're above average, but Bryan can work with anybody. He pulled off much better matches with guys like Ziggler and Miz than Morrison is capable of doing. There's a total difference in skill. Bryan is usually considered by most people as the best worker anywhere he goes, Morrison isn't. Besides that, he's actually somewhat reasonable on the mic, whereas Morrison is just a total embarassment.

Like I say, shit quality video. And why would it matter if Sheamus' feet were on the floor or not?
I meant Morrison's. ~_~

I just laughed when he pulled off the win with that move, it wasn't even slightly convinving.

·
Banned
1,189 Posts
Morrison's matches aren't really that great. They're above average, but Bryan can work with anybody. He pulled off much better matches with guys like Ziggler and Miz than Morrison is capable of doing. Besides that, he's actually somewhat reasonable on the mic, whereas Morrison is just a total embarassment.
Morrison had great fucking matches with a range of opponents last year Pyro, and don't deny it. But yes, Bryan is better. But he still has done nothing Morrison has to earn the move.

I meant Morrison's. ~_~
That makes a lot more sence. But like a say, shitty quality on the video.

I just laughed when he pulled off the win with that move, it wasn't even slightly convinving.
Because a knee to the face is in no way going to knock someone out?

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Alex Riley. Just to see another favourite of Pyro's fail to win the big prize ;)

Seriously though, I assume they'll do a battle royal of some sort to get a contender, or push a new talent to the shot like last year. Perhaps Ezekiel Jackson?

·
Asuka
96,366 Posts
^That's not funny.

Morrison had great fucking matches with a range of opponents last year Pyro, and don't deny it. But yes, Bryan is better. But he still has done nothing Morrison has to earn the move.
No he didn't. GREAT matches? You're overestimating Morrison, as most people do, just because he's flashy. Morrison's matches, I'll admit are better than the majority of the roster, but the majority of the roster suck anyway. I've never been wowed by a Morrison match, ever. He can work a match, he's good, but he's not GREAT.

Because a knee to the face is in no way going to knock someone out?
It's just the way it happened, not the fact that he got hit with a knee. From that angle, that position, etc, it just didn't look anything like what a finishing move should be. It's an anti-climatic way to end a match. Did anybody actually think Morrison was going to win with that move? I certainly didn't. That's like ending a match with a superplex.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Barrett will probably claim that Cena pushed him, so he deserves another shot and the GM will oblige. Considering Raw will probably do a big rating this week with the "Cena fired" fallout, it'd be interesting to see a Miz cash-in and thus a Barrett/Orton/Miz triple threat at TLC.

WWE's gimmick PPV schedule kind of ruins that idea though, which is why they might be forced to do Barrett/Orton in a tables, ladder or chair match. Just another example of how WWE's gimmick PPVs hamstrings the creative team.

·
Banned
402 Posts
It's just the way it happened, not the fact that he got hit with a knee. From that angle, that position, etc, it just didn't look anything like what a finishing move should be. It's an anti-climatic way to end a match. Did anybody actually think Morrison was going to win with that move? I certainly didn't.
He has used it to get barely a 2 count before - I thought he may have KO'd Sheamus and thus got the win but yeah it was a bad way to end the match.

His only decent finisher was Moonlight Drive - the neckbreaker thing - especially when he won the ECW Title for the first time and did it off the ropes.

But you would think it would be a heel - and I can unfortunately only see Barret having his third and final match where he could win.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts