Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the title changes since cm punk lost the title have been shit, the rock wasnt even a full time wrestler so IMO for him to waltz right into WWE and take the title was a slap in the face to all the full timers that work there asses off for a shot. Then we have cena, dudes had the title 11 times now i think hes done, he dosent need the title he can be in main event caliber matches without it. Then daniel bryan wins it only for it to be taken away in minutes, which i understand it was a good way to add heat to the storyline for orton, triple h but where it really gets to me is bryan wins again!! and wins the title for a second time, i think its ridiculous to have him stripped of the championship, it seems like the title is just a prop or a toy thats being thrown around aimlessly its a real disgrace in my opinion.

your thoughts?

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Not really,I think these trade title wins between Orton/Bryan is going to lead to a long reign by either one of them. Hopefully Orton because I don't think there are too many heels Bryan could face. Plus if Orton is going back to his viscous character, I would love to see that side of Randy Orton have a lengthy run with the belt.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think Daniel Bryan deserved to hold onto it the second time around, i mean shit hes gonna be a 3 or more time wwe champion before he even gets a decent reign

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
the title went to shit during the summer of punk where there were two champions

soon the WWE title will be as worthless as the World Title

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Company changes two top faces to heels in a storyline focused on "who's WWE Champion." Orton attacks a man in front of his parents after losing the belt. Popular face being screwed consistently while trying to gain title.

I don't think you even know what prestigious means.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Company changes two top faces to heels in a storyline focused on "who's WWE Champion." Orton attacks a man in front of his parents after losing the belt. Popular face being screwed consistently while trying to gain title.

they should have Bryan win it and be stripped every week

then it will be even more prestigious in your eyes

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I do know what prestigious means asshole. I mean the title should be put on people that deserve it and have decent long reigns where the focus of the title match is on the WRESTLING not the storyline. Hall of famers worked there asses off for years and never received a title shot or reign and now its being put on people taken off people thrown around, its just disgracfull

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
I don't think it has, I think it's better when title reigns happen this way, otherwise we'd be expecting everyone to have the title for a while all the time, like others have mentioned here, I think Bryan is going to have a proper full on run with the belt soon anyway, it's all building up to something here in the long run.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Your man Punk held the title for 434 days. We're now seeing short, more frequently exchanged title reigns. It's called mixing things up and keeping things unpredictable. It would be tedious as fuck if it was all one or the other.

And the title is only as prestigious as the man holding it. Days held/number of reigns don't really matter so long as there are worthy champions holding the belt. In a sport that's 'fake' numbers don't really matter unless there's a story to it and and there's clearly a purpose with what they're doing at the moment.

·
Bringing you the truth...no matter how bad it hurt
1,332 Posts
how could the Number 1 most coveted prize in not only all of WWE but undoubtedly #1 in all professional wrestling LOSE prestige? it is the epitimy of what every in ring performer wishes with a passion to some day hold, to be told "you are good enough to hold this"

trust me.... hasnt lost that prestiege

WHChamp sure it has lost prestiege in fact i know it has
WWE Champ Idk if it ever will and thats the honest truth

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
The title had lost its prestige since 2009 when an unover Sheamus (even though I'm a fan) won it. It got worse when it was being hot potatoed every month in 2011. If anything, I feel the prestige has slightly returned since The Rock won it. I admit I'm not a fan of vacating it at all, though.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Don't take what I say and be facetious with it. Storylines are being built all about this belt. Corruption is running all over the place for it. It almost seems like one of these guys would literally kill for the belt right now. Long reigns don't make it "prestigious". It's what done with them, and these guys are acting like they'd rather die than not be champion. I can't say that for any other belt right now.

Hell, I'd pass on the WHC belt right now. I for get who's IC champ all the time. And let's not even act like the Shield have any competition for those belt. Bottom line is these guys are making the belt hard to obtain and and strongly desired. The belt doesn't look like a joke right now. It looks like a prize.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
I actually don't think it hurt the prestige much. I definitely think it was a stupid decision. But I can't complain because I'm hooked. I wanna see what happens next.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts