Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.wwe.com/inside/standupforwwe/wwethreatened

"STAMFORD, Conn. – Not so coincidently after President Obama’s visit to Connecticut this past weekend and on the eve of the midterm elections, WWE is being threatened by the U.S. Department of Justice of the Obama Administration with potential criminal activity for distributing WWE T-shirts near select polling stations tomorrow on Election Day.

“This is clearly heavy-handed bullying from big government and would appear to be desperate political activity in closely contested elections in Connecticut,” said Vince McMahon, Chairman and CEO World Wrestling Entertainment. “This is consistent with some Attorney Generals’ tactics that threaten litigation for political gain.”

Under this ambiguous threat of legal action by the U.S. Department of Justice, WWE has reluctantly decided not to give away WWE merchandise near select polling stations tomorrow.

The controversy began with Connecticut Secretary of State Susan Bysiewicz’s directive stating “if poll workers feel like the wearing of WWE paraphernalia is in any way interfering with the voting process, they can ask the individual to cover it up or come back with something else on.” The directive was ultimately overturned by a Federal Judge last week. Subsequently, to celebrate the victory of restoring voters’ rights, WWE had planned to give away WWE merchandise at select polls to anyone regardless of political affiliation or whether they intended to vote."

LOL ofc that would be seen as trying to get people to vote for Linda, now they will vote for Linda anyway because the EVIL goverment stopped them from getting free stuff and WWE dont even need to lose money now to get the free vote, Vince is a smart man.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Shit Vince, it's not like you to damage your own company this much.

This is sounding like something TNA would do if anybody had a clue who they were.

Reactions: Shock

·
Premium Member
13,820 Posts
If a t-shirt persuades you to vote for a certain party/person, you do not deserve to vote. If you don't know who to vote for, don't vote at all.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
The fact is, whether you want to believe it or not, they're trying to bribe people. Therefore, I have absolutely no problem with the government stepping in here. I don't think that them giving away shirts is "the right thing to do".

Reactions: Tempest

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
A couple of T-Shirts cause this must trouble? Really? ... Really?

Seriously, who gives a shit what people wear, if people wanna vote for someone they'll vote for them, regardless of what they are wearing. I find this all a tad pathetic.

·
Harley's Circus
2,564 Posts
Some people voted for Obama because he was African American does that mean they would send home people with Malcolm X T-Shirts on?
The evil is that Vince is trying to make it seem like the gov't has it out for the WWE. The reality is that Vince is friends with the very people hes attacking. The only thing hes trying to do is make it seem like the fans rights are being encroached upon.

Now hes trying to say that the Obama administration has a hand in making sure the WWE doesn't have a hand in handing out tee shirts? Not like they don't have more important things to do.
Come on Vince I'm not that stupid.

In all likelihood
This is the story Vince is feeding to the fans until the real truth is revealed like it was before when he went back on his statement saying they were attacking the WWE by saying no one was allowed to wear WWE merch when no one said that.
He even shows no one said that by quoting the same people hes friends with this time in this statement.

Vince is playing a very dangerous game since he seems to think the WWE fans in CO can make a difference whether his wife wins an election or not.

I mean if this is true though then I'm sure no one really cares.
I live in Philly and got handed an Obama pin after I voted didn't even tell her I voted for Obama I just got handed it.
Shit like this happens all the time Vince is just trying to get the fans on his side. I wonder if the Superstars who have a residence in CO and don't vote for Linda will be future endeavored?
This is ridiculous

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
I can see this from both viewpoints, WWE is basically flying in the face of authority and rightly so, they are technically refusing people the democratic right to vote. However, this is basically trying to buy votes off people, something just as bad if not worse IMO

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
Vince is playing a very dangerous game since he seems to think the WWE fans in CO can make a difference whether his wife wins an election or not.

I live in Philly and got handed an Obama pin after I voted didn't even tell her I voted for Obama I just got handed it.
Shit like this happens all the time Vince is just trying to get the fans on his side. I wonder if the Superstars who have a residence in CO and don't vote for Linda will be future endeavored?
This is ridiculous
I don't think people in Colorado care. :p

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
It's like the wwe spent all those years testing people's s' intellect with their insipid practices and incidents all as a sort of test run or something. And now they're trying to get actual power, using this stupidity

·
Premium Member
19,333 Posts
This makes Vince and the company look pretty pathetic really.

It's a law for a reason. It's nothing more than bribing. And weak minded people fall for crap like this.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
End of the day WWE and Linda look like the good guys in this. The govt should just shut up and let them do it.
They don't look like the good guys. They look like whining little babies.

Yeah, the government is a bitch, but that's not an excuse for Vince to do all this stupid crap that is totally costing his wife whatever minor shot she had at winning tomorrow.

·
#StayClassyWF
1,082 Posts
The evil is that Vince is trying to make it seem like the gov't has it out for the WWE. The reality is that Vince is friends with the very people hes attacking. The only thing hes trying to do is make it seem like the fans rights are being encroached upon.

Now hes trying to say that the Obama administration has a hand in making sure the WWE doesn't have a hand in handing out tee shirts? Not like they don't have more important things to do.
Come on Vince I'm not that stupid.

In all likelihood
This is the story Vince is feeding to the fans until the real truth is revealed like it was before when he went back on his statement saying they were attacking the WWE by saying no one was allowed to wear WWE merch when no one said that.
He even shows no one said that by quoting the same people hes friends with this time in this statement.

This is ridiculous
Just for the record, which superstars would this be? Triple H is the only one I can think of.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
They don't look like the good guys. They look like whining little babies.

Yeah, the government is a bitch, but that's not an excuse for Vince to do all this stupid crap that is totally costing his wife whatever minor shot she had at winning tomorrow.
This.

I don't see why Vince is a making a big deal out of it.

If Obama supporters can't wear Obama shirts to the polls what makes you think Linda supporters (If there are any) can wear WWE shirts to the polls?

But then again who over the age of 13 wears a WWE shirt any place except a WWE event?

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,910 Posts
I have to go back to what someone said in the other thread. If Phillip Knight (Nike) or Levi Strauss (Levi Jeans) ran for office, would people have to vote butt-naked and barefoot if they wanted to vote?

It really is the same thing here. Only difference is, you see a Nike Swoosh instead of The Brahma Bull.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts