Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WWE, this is the perfect time to re-develop the tag team division, you have finally made some solid teams. Was it just me or at NoC were you actually excited to see Awesome Truth vs. Air Boom for the Tag Team titles? For the first time in years, I was ACTUALLY excited to see a tag team title defense, why? Because they have built up both teams, neither four men looked like a joke heading towards this match. These teams could go, and draw people in with their star power. Imagine what the WWE could do if they actually focused on younger superstars, put them in a tag team, built them up and eventually set them up, not only in the tag team division but make them a draw in their future singles division. This would not only help the tag team division, but it would set future wrestlers up for when people like John Cena or Randy Orton have to retire.

One thing TNA did good for a long period of time was having a extremely strong tag team division. Matches like MCMG vs. Beer Money were instant classics and drew in the ratings. If the WWE did that, they would be able to put on great matches, set up a solid tag team division, pick up ratings and set peoples careers up. (E.g. Look at Bobby Rhoode for example.) You can even say being in a tag team made the careers of wrestlers like HBK, Edge, Christian, Jeff Hardy and Bret Hart. Without their tag team start, what would have they been? By building the division, we can find, create and identify those future stars that will carry us into the future.

When I watched Miz/Truth vs. Air Boom at NoC and Air Boom vs. The Usos on Smackdown, I finally realised the WWE have a real chance of reviving the tag team division. Air Boom, The Usos, Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks, Awesome Truth (depending how long they stay as a tag team/how long this storyline goes for), David Otunga and Michael McGillicutty, Titus O'Neil and Percy Watson. They even have enough rising talent/people who aren't doing anything to create even more tag teams, e.g. John Morrison & Justin Gabriel, Tyson Kidd & Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler & Jack Swagger (possible short time tag team while both are managed by Vickie), Drew McIntyre & Wade Barrett, Mark Henry and Brodus Clay, John Cena and Randy Orton if they really wanted to make the division important, even Primo & JTG, or better yet, Sin Cara & Sin Cara LOL, and the list goes on. The WWE are in a perfect situation to re-build the tag team division, I just hope they don't fuck it up and de-value those prestigious titles even more...

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I was actually thinking about this last night and how important the tag team division really was. First you got your all time greats like demolition, LOD, and the dudley boys. Teams that are AMAZING together, and really show what you have

Then you have the fact that 4 HUGE stars of the WWE came out of the tag team division. Brett Hart and Shawn Michales. Both came from tag teams, and lead the charge in the post hogan wwe. Then a few years later you get Edge, and Jeff Hardy. I know a lot of people bash jeff hardy but him and edge were the ones that took the lead after austin and rock. You can even say christain to an extent. Tons of amazing singles developed from the tag team division. I think thats one of the reasons you really need it to come back.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was actually thinking about this last night and how important the tag team division really was. First you got your all time greats like demolition, LOD, and the dudley boys. Teams that are AMAZING together, and really show what you have

Then you have the fact that 4 HUGE stars of the WWE came out of the tag team division. Brett Hart and Shawn Michales. Both came from tag teams, and lead the charge in the post hogan wwe. Then a few years later you get Edge, and Jeff Hardy. I know a lot of people bash jeff hardy but him and edge were the ones that took the lead after austin and rock. You can even say christain to an extent. Tons of amazing singles developed from the tag team division. I think thats one of the reasons you really need it to come back.
Exactly, tag teams make future main eventers, this is why the tag team division is so important and should be re-built.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mark Henry and Kharma as a tag team, LOL

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
I think Dolph Ziggler & Jack Swagger could be the next opponents for Air Boom. Although most of us have gotten tired of Swagger vs. Bourne and Dolph vs. Kofi, I think a tag team feud could refresh things a bit. Also Swagger & Ziggler are the perfect choice for a "We hate each other but now we're the Tag Team Champions and we're stuck together" storyline.

Awesome Truth sadly, I don't think will be competing in the tag division. NoC was just billed as "every title being defended" and they needed to put a tag title match on the card, somehow. Not only that, but Miz and Truth were both too over to just leave off of the card.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
well HHH has said that he wants to rebuild the division so yeah.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Cant wait for the tag division to be great again. Once the WWE brings in KOW and put together some guys like they did with Kofi/Bourne, guys with chemistry together, should be great to sit back and watch it expand.

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
They are going for it, which is good. I've always loved tag wrestling and never understood why they manhandled the division so much the last few years. It will take time to rebuild it though, new teams need to be created and gain credibility etc.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd like to see them put Tyson Kidd with someone.
I would love to see Daniel Bryan and Tyson Kidd tag team for a while, I have a funny feeling Bryan is gonna go heel soon.

·
Registered
154 Posts
hophope you guys are right i like tag teams they give more story line options to creative theres only so many things you can do with one on one more options keeps things fresh.

Too many times has a tag team got interesting then wwe splt them and not even bother using them as singles right hart dynasty for example they had the rub from bret got popular split to a bad story and barely used kidd or smith. Clearly they had no plans for smith but kidd is still floating about as a barely used singles guy.

A tag team feud gives you 4 guys with exposure doubling your chances of exposing the right person to become a star. E&c are a great example of a tag team used correctly people love those guys almost unconditionally from their tag days and developed characters which gave theem two world champs

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
As a mark for tag team wrestling, I am glad that the WWE are looking in to rebuild the division. Air Boom as champions are a great start and once you start implementing teams like the Usos, Reks/Hawkins, Watson/O'Neil, possibly KOW...you will start to see the division gain more focus and hopefully the crowd will respond. You'll never see tag teams main eventing ever again like the good days of LOD, Hart Foundation, and British Bulldogs but entering tag teams that can make the division worth a damn is a good start.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As a mark for tag team wrestling, I am glad that the WWE are looking in to rebuild the division. Air Boom as champions are a great start and once you start implementing teams like the Usos, Reks/Hawkins, Watson/O'Neil, possibly KOW...you will start to see the division gain more focus and hopefully the crowd will respond. You'll never see tag teams main eventing ever again like the good days of LOD, Hart Foundation, and British Bulldogs but entering tag teams that can make the division worth a damn is a good start.
If TNA upheld their strong tag team division, I reckon their product would be a hell of a lot better than it is now.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Tna have made som estrong tandems pity they book so badly. Beer money is an old skool tag team i like them every bit as much as lod hart or bulldogs, glad to see they are getting a well deserved push in singles though i'm scared it will mean the end of the best team going today.

·
Registered
664 Posts
always is a good time to rebuild credible tag team and divas divisions and a cruiserweight division too. they could also give the US and intercontinental championships some credibility. but instead they will focus on Cena, Orton, Triple H and CM Punk and waist all the other talent.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Triple H may have said he would like to rebuild the tag team division but the reality is that Vince McMahon still runs the company regardless of what WWE put out on screen every week with Triple H as COO. I believed back in 2007 they were going to rebuild the tag team scene with The Hardyz, WGTT, London and Kendrick, Cade and Murdoch, Regal and Taylor, Cryme Tyme and The Highlanders but soon after nearly everyone of those teams were broken up to pack out the mid card.

It wasn't that long ago that WWE actually booked a proper tag team feud in The Hart Dynasty and The Uso Brothers but soon after that they split Tyson Kidd and Harry Smith up to have them feud which resulted in a pointless match on Raw and now one man is doing nothing and the other is released. The point i'm making is WWE simply doesn't care for tag team wrestling anymore and hasn't for a long time, there are times when they don't care about the mid card titles either as the whole focus is always around two storylines on Raw and one on SmackDown.

If WWE wanted to rebuild the tag team division they could easily pair up Primo Colon with his cousin down in FCW Tito Colon and they could easily pair up Titus O'Neil and Percy Watson as a serious Harlem Heat style powerful black tag team. They could pair up Bo Rotunda with his brother Husky Harris as a US Express throwback and they could simply put The Kings Of Wrestling on tv straight away as neither man needs to go to FCW. There are a lot of wrestlers doing nothing in WWE so they could be paired up like Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks or Tyson Kidd and Trent Barretta which if WWE did all of that would leave us with something like this.

The Kings Of Wrestling, The Uso Brothers, Otunga/Hennig, The Colons, O'Neil and Watson, The Rotunda Brothers, Hawkins/Reks and Kidd/Barretta

That is eight proper tag teams and would allow Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne to go back to the mid card scene which needs more people but none of this will happen and if anyone loves tag team wrestling and wants to watch it they should watch TNA or ROH as in is a dead product in WWE. Tag team wrestling may have given us Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Edge, Jeff Hardy, Christian, Booker T, Scott Steiner, The British Bulldog and Tito Santana to name a few but the days of finding stars from tag teams in WWE are over in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts