Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way home tonight and I heard a six flags theme park commercial on FM radio. I noticed in the background that behind all the narration was Drew McIntyre's old theme song(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqnyl6zvlQ4) before the current one now. It kind of does mix with roller-coasters. Then I recalled Lita and even the old Hardy Boyz music in other commercials over the years. I thought Jim Johnston made all the WWE music, besides those done by famous bands. Just an interesting note that various wwe theme songs are allowed to be used by other companies.

·
Custom User Title
15,224 Posts
That Hardy/Lita theme wasn't a Johnston made. Themes like that are "production themes" which are made by different guys that the WWE pay off so they can use their songs. Funny this was brought up today too, I heard Umaga's first theme today on a World Cup commerical. I've also heard the Hardy/Lita theme, Shannon Moore's last WWE theme, The Hardy's 2nd theme, and a bunch of others in different advertisements and even TV shows. They usually use these themes because they ike how they sound and think they're suitable to the wrestler/team/manager/whatever.

I've been really confused over the years of certain themes too, I think they're Johnston made for a while, and it turns out they aren't.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
here in knoxville theres some radio dj guy that constantly uses hardcore hollys and benoits (older) songs

·
Registered
240 Posts
I've also heard Hardcore Holly's old theme and the Hardyz post-brood theme on the radio too.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I've heard the Hardy Boyz one....

I also heard Bill Goldberg's theme music one time during some show on the history channel about some war...

During WCW though they would often use tracks from the TBS music library for some wrestlers....

In Chris Jericho's book he tells a story about how when he first signed with WCW he was watching some basketball show that was aired on the same network as WCW and he heard his theme music being played.

He then realized they had pulled some old basketball highlight music track out of the library to use for this theme song.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Not sure if Americans get The Score which broadcasts WWE Experience which highlights the week in WWE. But I was watching ROH a few weeks back and hear the theme song of Experience.

Other than that Chris Jericho's WCW theme used in Basketball highlights.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I watched 2001 Space Odyssey and they TOTALLY stole Ric Flair's theme!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Just yesterday, I heard the Hardy Boyz theme song (the one that Jeff used in his early singles carreer) on a commercial on Disney XD. Also, at Illinois Illini football games, whenever the other team scores, they start playing Triple H's entrance music.

·
Registered
249 Posts
In the early '90s, WWF had used pieces by a company called Network Music (now part of Killer Tracks). They were some of the same music you'd hear all over TV during commercials/promos and the news; most of them were composed by Craig Palmer, who was pretty much the Jim Johnston of the production music field.

And remember the 1995 Royal Rumble theme music? I believe it was by Johnston for Killer Tracks; the cymbal crash and the distinctive beats were a giveaway.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts