Wrestling Forum banner

1021 - 1040 of 1041 Posts

·
Registered
7,685 Posts
I'm not seeing it reported anywhere else, but Gulak getting a send-off against Daniel Bryan on his way out is a nice touch. I suspect he's staying though.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Hello I think what happened to Drew Gulak also happened D’lo Brown his contract ended in a similar way as I think someone said what he was doing next week on WWF TV, but he said my contract is over.

Yours

Farhan

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Anyone think Ruby(Heidi Lovelace) will be next? Consider she might be want just finish the rest of her match because she have injury and when the last time she win a match after she got defeated in EC.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've heard something from Meltzer saying what happened was, he was negotiating a new deal with a raise, he hadn't signed it yet, and right at the end they pulled the offer, so technically he left because his contract expired, but realistically speaking they let him go.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Smart move by Gulak. He’s a talented guy, but his best dance partners are in WWE now.
In normal times I'd say give NJPW/ROH a shot but don't burn bridges. But as it is, AEW and Impact is a similar platform to WWE. What you'd gain in creative freedom you'd lose from injury risk, money and exposure.

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,399 Posts
Yup, furlough the best announcer in the whole company. That sounds about standard for the E.
Should replace Excalibur on AEW and move Excalibur to AEW Dark to take over for Taz, since Taz is now a manager

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Should replace Excalibur on AEW and move Excalibur to AEW Dark to take over for Taz, since Taz is now a manager
Says he’s been furloughed not fired. Just not needed right now. Can’t sign for anyone else unless he asks and gets granted a release.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I’m not sure how it works in the US, but over here furloughing is made of part of their salary with the Government giving employers that apply funds to provide their staff 80% of their wage that the employer could then top up. So depending how it works in the US and how WWE are handling it, the furloughed staff should be receiving some if not all of their wage until the cut off and then they either get their job back or are let go.

·
Registered
422 Posts
According to the Wrestling Observer, WWE SmackDown writer Christopher DeJoseph has been released from WWE. DeJoseph had been working as the lead writer on SmackDown under Executive Director Bruce Prichard.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
I’m not sure how it works in the US, but over here furloughing is made of part of their salary with the Government giving employers that apply funds to provide their staff 80% of their wage that the employer could then top up. So depending how it works in the US and how WWE are handling it, the furloughed staff should be receiving some if not all of their wage until the cut off and then they either get their job back or are let go.
America don't have the same scheme. I think people got one off payments. Then they increased unemployment allowance.

But I'm pretty sure the WWE would be paying furloughed staff something or else there is no benefit to talent and they might as well be released.

1021 - 1040 of 1041 Posts