Wrestling Forum banner

981 - 1000 of 1032 Posts

·
The Man
15,291 Posts
I get that he might have been a good hand backstage but I'm sorry McGuillicutty must have been one of the most boring superstars and most void of charisma talents they've had in a damn long time. He may have been solid in ring but there are wayyyy too many guys who are solid in ring as well as actually not as boring as a bag of rocks right now. I sure hope AEW does not waste time with him.

The highlight of his career will always be the Genesis of Mcguillicutty

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Zack Ryder came out today talking about his thoughts on his push getting squashed, he blames himself and says he should have approached Vince to discuss things further. I respect the guy for not bashing his previous employer and he seems to want to keep those bridges alive so he has a chance of coming back. All the experts on Reddit who seem to know Zack better than he knows himself are saying he's brainwashed and an idiot for not blaming WWE, like how dare he want to look professional?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I enjoyed Curtis Axel in the B-team with Bo. I thought it was a great run that WWE ruined when they changed their awesome entrance music. That one thing turned them from a fan favorite to an annoying comedy team. Can't let guys get over on their own I guess.

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Zack Ryder came out today talking about his thoughts on his push getting squashed, he blames himself and says he should have approached Vince to discuss things further. I respect the guy for not bashing his previous employer and he seems to want to keep those bridges alive so he has a chance of coming back. All the experts on Reddit who seem to know Zack better than he knows himself are saying he's brainwashed and an idiot for not blaming WWE, like how dare he want to look professional?
Im pretty sure it would be absolutely brilliant to bash his fiancee's boss who's not at all known for being petty

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I hate the timing of all of this but I love the fact that the WWE is finally getting rid of all of the talent that they really didn't need. They were long overdue for clearing out all of these wrestlers who weren't any good and weren't going to contribute anyways. I think releasing Rusev, The Revival, EC3, and maybe Purazzo and Lio Rush was a mistake. But the rest of the people released was the right move and should have happened long ago and probably shouldn't have happened during a pandemic.

·
Justice 4 Asuka
1,335 Posts
I hate the timing of all of this but I love the fact that the WWE is finally getting rid of all of the talent that they really didn't need. They were long overdue for clearing out all of these wrestlers who weren't any good and weren't going to contribute anyways. I think releasing Rusev, The Revival, EC3, and maybe Purazzo and Lio Rush was a mistake. But the rest of the people released was the right move and should have happened long ago and probably shouldn't have happened during a pandemic.
Not sure about Lo Rush but every other name you mentioned either asked for their release or wanted to leave.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Not sure about Lo Rush but every other name you mentioned either asked for their release or wanted to leave.
Then even better! They released a bunch of people who don't contribute much and people that didn't want to be there. That is what they should have been doing all along instead of waiting and doing it at the worst possible time.

·
Registered
354 Posts
They'll probably cut more in July, when the financial report for quarter two is announced. Still be massively profitable but 3 months without live events bites and the WrestleMania bonanza is absent. Plus, NXT UK and 205 look as good as dead.

·
Premium Member
9,274 Posts
Good attitude from Rowan. It's kinda refreshing to see this perspective.

Erick Rowan says he’s refusing to hold any grudges post-WWE release and using his friends/family for inspiration.

Appearing on the “Fueled By Death Cast,” the wrestler commented on his release saying wallowing in negativity isn’t going to solve anything. “I can be shocked and upset, but what’s that going to do,” he asked. “You just embrace it. You go every day, one step at a time like everybody else.”

Ruud also said he doesn’t have to look far to be reminded that other people are hurting too.

“I have a lot of friends in the music industry, I have a lot of friends in the service industry. They’re all being hit right now, really hard. There’s nowhere for these people to go to work right now. Nothing’s open. Everything’s taking a big hit,” he explained. “So, I don’t think it’s fair to point and be upset about any kind of situation. There’s no point in doing that. That’s just negative energy and you don’t need to feed a negative situation with more negativity.”

Furthermore, Ruud looks at his two children and wants to act as an example for them. “As much as I have goals in my life, I want them to see that you might not always be going up. You’re going to have peaks and valleys in your life. You always want to keep striving for what you want to do,” he said. “Don’t give up just because somebody says ‘hey, you’re not good enough’ or ‘hey, you can’t do this right now.’ Keep going for what you want to do and the sky’s the limit.”

·
Premium Member
9,274 Posts
Have any of the released stars shown any negativity or anger? I don’t think so.
Deonna's come off a bit better, some others have taken a few sarcastic jabs. Most of the latest bunch haven't been as negative as usual. It's been different from years past where disgruntled released talent would make the shoot interview rounds and unleash on WWE.

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
With all due respect to those released, it doesn't get serious till they start releasing major names, closest they came was the OC and even they were basically just goons. I don't think WWE's had a hard cut yet.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
He sounds like that ex you have who constantly has to say how happy they are without you and how they're doing so much better when in reality they aren't

I used a very similar analogy to describe how Moxley sounds when he "shoots" on WWE in interviews.

I like EC3(and Moxley) as performers but the bitterness and whining and complaining are ridiculous.

Though I'll give EC3 this in this situation at least I understand why he may be bitter even though I don't care to hear about it.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
EC3 is using this situation to rebuild his momentum that was literally non-existent in WWE.
By the way, not so sure what's wrong with being bitter about stuff. If you feel like you want to express yourself through a public medium then do it. Life is too short to keep things that make you feel like shit to yourself.

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
I´d rather people be vocal about it. That just shows they still got some ambition.

On the other hand you can´t blame lots of guys and girls that just keep their mouth shut, cause they know WWE is still the biggest fish in a diminishing pond, so when the economy starts to recover WWE will be the first to possibly re-hire some people. You are back in a shitty place, but at least you are in a shitty place that pays you a reasonably good wage.

I´d say Revival, Rusev, EC3 and Purrazzo are the only people that should expect a call from AEW, Gallows/Anderson from Japan. After that WWE is probably still the best bet for a lot of these released wrestlers. Can´t eat pride.

981 - 1000 of 1032 Posts