Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Loose Cannon
5,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In an interesting note, WWE Tag Team Champions Primo and Epico will be defending the titles on April 28th in Guaynabo, Puerto Rico at a WWC event. Their contract with WWE allows them to work a few shows per year with WWC, since WWC owner Carlos Colon is WWE’s local promoter. They will defend the WWE titles against a masked team called Los Enmascarados Misteriosos.

Loads of sources if you google it.

I'm dissapointed that the WWE would allow this to happen when they don't promote the belts or the division in the first place.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
If true, they should've done this with Punk if it all possible and the WWE Title he had back in July.
There's a difference between the WWE title and the tag titles though. The WWE title is WWE's most valued title, whereas the tag titles are Vince's drink coasters.

Still, it's pretty cool though, I didn't think WWE would ever allow their belts to be defended in different promotions. Not in recent times anyway.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
The masked guys will win and will come to the WWe and reveal themselves as Carlito and Eric Escobar

·
Registered
21,634 Posts
I actually want to see this match, it adds a little intrigue to the title by having them defended outside the boundaries of the WWE.

·
The Loose Cannon
5,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The masked guys will win and will come to the WWe and reveal themselves as Carlito and Eric Escobar

How fucking sweet?

I actually want to see this match, it adds a little intrigue to the title by having them defended outside the boundaries of the WWE.

I agree. It's obvious now that WWE are pushing tag team wrestling. It can only benefit the division in general.

·
Ho!
17,855 Posts
There's a difference between the WWE title and the tag titles though. The WWE title is WWE's most valued title, whereas the tag titles are Vince's drink coasters.
While this is true, it would've really sold the "Punk leaving" angle if he went to other promotions to defend it while WWE had their replacement WWE Championship... we get some coverage on who Punk is defending it against (if WWE doesn't want to promote specific names of potential competition) and then they could've done what they did at Summerslam at Survivor Series. Punk vs. Del Rio and the winner to be called the Undisputed WWE Champion, with Punk winning and everything playing out as it has.

Of course it could've backfired and Punk would've lost all his momentum... but WWE managed to make that happen their way anyway.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
This is a travesty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts