Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I only one really enjoys watching WWE Superstars cuz every week they have atleast 1 solid good match on there & tonight's episode had two Masters/JTG Vs. Chavo/Hawkins & the Eight-Man Tag. It brings me back to watching heat & velocity which had good solid matches as well.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I only watch it when my favorite wrestlers are wrestling there (Drew McIntyre, Ted DiBiase, etc) or when i'm curious to see matches involving certain wrestlers who barely show up on the main brands like Trent Beretta and Zack Ryder, and yeah it's a pretty good wrestling show overall, the Beretta/Hawkins series were great, it's one of my favorites Superstars feud, and also the tag team match between Mark Henry & Daniel Bryan vs. Ted DiBiase & Tyson Kidd from Superstars last week was a highly entertaining match with plenty of great spots.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Superstars is good at times, depending who's on it. It's a chance for the guys to prove themselves and try and earn themselves a spot on RAW/SD weekly, so it's cool to see them competing sometimes. Other times, it's just flat out boring.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have only started watching Superstars lately and I have to say I'm impressed with the quality of matches. You can definitely tell the wrestlers are hungry to get more TV time on Raw or SD!

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
I have only started watching Superstars lately and I have to say I'm impressed with the quality of matches. You can definitely tell the wrestlers are hungry to get more TV time on Raw or SD!
The wrestling quality has definitely started to improve recently. I think the lack of spot fest nature may have been inspired by Dolph's run, concentrating of telling the story in ring, rather than promos. 2011 may be an important year, we may see more changes to the wrestling dynamic.

Liked Master flipping over hawkings, while applying the Masterlock to Charvo.

·
Registered
10,129 Posts
Superstars is solely responsible for making me a bit of a DH Smith mark (who would've guessed?)

But he had two solid outings against Kidd and Regal on there.

Superstars seems to be the only place I can see Regal regularly as well these days

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I tuned in last night, just to see who was wrestling.

Soon as I heard Regal & David Hart Smith would be part of the Main Event, I stayed tuned throughout.
The first match was good too, Masters/ (forget who else) vs. Chavo/Hawkins.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
I tuned in last night, just to see who was wrestling.

Soon as I heard Regal & David Hart Smith would be part of the Main Event, I stayed tuned throughout.
The first match was good too, Masters/ (forget who else) vs. Chavo/Hawkins.
JTG will be crushed. (hopefully by the big show, on his next appearance on smackdown, after the big show does a splash from the top rope onto him.)

Reactions: Jerichoholic #7

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I really would love to see Masters pushed
He does great on Superstars

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Diva match was good too. Alicia can kick ass and Kim's finish was tight.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I'd quite like to see Superstars do something to create some interest into the show without making it a show that big names will appear on.

Keep it as a show for the guys that arent getting on Raw/ Smackdown but give these guys a platform to help create some fan interest in them etc whilst continuing to put on good wrestling matches.

Not saying they should have a title that is specifically defended on Superstars, although perhaps a specific superstars title thats not defended on Raw or Smackdown or on a ppv might not necessarilly be a bad idea. Bring back the European or TV title perhaps, create some inter brand matches and promote some feuds/ storylines with a little bit of mic time every week, and maybe some of these guys will show the fans something that will get them noticed and give them more time on Raw/ Smackdown and eventually compete for the US/IC title and maybe go further in the future.

Saying that however. I'd like to see WWE incorporate "The Jack Brisco Classic" into a concept they use on WWE programming, and having a rankings style tournament using the 15 minute iron man match concept where the person who scores the most falls throughout all the matches ranks at the top and wins the thing. Seeing guys like Regal, Ryder, Hawkins, Masters, Young, Primo, Yoshi, Trent, Rekks, DH Smith and anyone else i might have forgotten competing in a series of matches with this concept would be great wrestling television and being the winner might be a good way of trying to then push that superstar higher.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts