Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's have this thread for discussion about Thursday's taping. Just found out today that I am going, so I will post results in here after the taping. Also, keep an eye on PWTorch, because I will also be posting real time results to their page. Anyone else going?

·
#FunFact™
7,513 Posts
Neat. I always enjoy reading your results from the other FCW shows you attend. I'm eager to see what comes from these tapings and the future of NXT.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great news for you and WF. Take some photos if you can.
You got it! I always take photos!

Neat. I always enjoy reading your results from the other FCW shows you attend. I'm eager to see what comes from these tapings and the future of NXT.
Thanks, I'll keep you up to date!

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Anyone else expect that they'll introduce a title belt on NXT, what with this whole new way they're producing and presenting the show? Would be insane not to, in all honesty.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone else expect that they'll introduce a title belt on NXT, what with this whole new way they're producing and presenting the show? Would be insane not to, in all honesty.
Considering that this show is supposedly going to be a merging of NXT and FCW, I certainly hope they keep the Florida Heavyweight Championship and rebrand it as the main title for the show

·
Banned
690 Posts
Considering that this show is supposedly going to be a merging of NXT and FCW, I certainly hope they keep the Florida Heavyweight Championship and rebrand it as the main title for the show
I doubt they will. FCW and NXT aren't merging. They're just being shot in the same place every 3 weeks. Will there be some crossing over of tallent? Absolutely, but FCW will remain separate. Don't forget, there's still an FCW taping in Tampa the following week. I'm guessing that they'll tape one FCW episode at FSU (and the remaining 2 for the set of 3 in Tampa) and a four weeks of NXT to take them to the next Orlando taping. Which is where the FCW guys come in. The NXT roster is tiny, so expecting a small cast to be able to shoot 4 episodes worth of matches and segments without dropping dead isn't viable, so using FCW guys makes sense because otherwise it'll be 6 men doing everything and that's simply insane.

·
#FunFact™
7,513 Posts
Seth Rollins mentioned on Twitter that he will be in Orlando tonight, so there is a chance we could see the FCW Title tonight or at a future taping.

·
Banned
1,134 Posts
When will these episodes be available? I assume they'll be on youtube or wwe.com or something.

I'm anxious to see what the new setup looks like. Saw a couple of pics on twitter, but I want to see it with full production values as it's meant to be seen on tv.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
so nxt = fcw
from josh via pwtorch
Superstar Showdown/NXT TV taping report
May 17, 2012
Full Sail University in Florida
Report by Josh Parry, PWTorch correspondent

Note: Josh will provide more detailed results from the first WWE TV taping at Full Sail following the taping. The following are highlights of the taping...

Dark Match: Xavier Woods (formerly Consequences Creed in TNA) beat Dean Ambrose. Ambrose was very popular.

Triple H came out and cut a promo. Hunter thanked Full Sail for use of their facilities and said the first episode will air in more than 60 countries. (No date was given.)

EPISODE #1 TAPING

Jim Ross and William Regal were introduced on commentary. JR introduced the new GM of NXT, Dusty Rhodes.

(1) Bo Dallas (Rotundo) beat Rick Victor with a spear.

(2) The Ascension (Connor O'Brian & Kenneth Cameron) beat C.J. Parker & Mike Dalton in a squash tag match. Ascension had an epic entrance and were impressive.

Damien Sandow refused to fight Jason Jordan. It was the same promo from his Smackdown appearances. Damien was over as a heel; funny stuff.

(3) Tyson Kidd beat Michael McGillicutty via submission. Great match that captivated the crowd and had plenty of nearfalls. Kidd won with a leg choke.

After a brief intermission, a video aired and they shot the crowd to lead into what can be assumed to be the second episode.

EPISODE #2 TAPING

(1) Seth Rollins (formerly Tyler Black) beat Jiro. This was essentially a squash. Rollins cut a promo promising to take NXT, WWE, and the world by storm.

(2) Jinder Mahal beat Jason Jordan via submission with the Camel Clutch. Boring match as indicated by the crowd chants.

(3) Leo Kruger beat Aiden English. Quick and effective establishing Aiden as a face and Kruger as a heel. Post-match, Leo talked about himself on the mic, calling himself the LEO (Lion) of NXT. So, watch out.

(4) Richie Steamboat beat Rick Victor with a big lariat. Richie wrestles a lot like his dad, Ricky Steamboat, who was ringside watching. Richie gave him a shout-out after the match.

(5) Antonio Cesaro beat Dante Dash. Afterward, Aksana declared, "Antonio is my lover!"

·
Banned
690 Posts
Yeah, you guys who don't have FCW are going to be taken by surprise by The Ascension. Spoilers cannot accurately explain them.

Also, looks like Leo's back to being the master of the 5 minute match he was last summer. This is good for him, as he's really good in that role. Additionally giving him a lot ot fime right off the bat would seem odd to people who haven't heard of him (the majority of NXT watchers). I'll give more thoughts about the spoilers when the tapings have finished.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
First two tapings look AMAZING. Can't wait to be able to see them on TV, and hopefully it continues to be this strong. Only thing that could make NXT even better would be an NXT Championship, but that's never going to happen, although it would give a purpose to competing on the show.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
from Josh Parry (pwtorch) full spoilers for (4) nxt eposides taping

WWE Superstar Showdown/NXT TV taping report
May 17, 2012
Full Sail University in Florida
Report by Josh Parry, PWTorch correspondent

Note: Josh will provide more detailed results from the first WWE TV taping at Full Sail following the taping. The following are highlights of the taping...

Dark Match: Xavier Woods (formerly Consequences Creed in TNA) beat Dean Ambrose. Ambrose was very popular.

Triple H came out and cut a promo. Hunter thanked Full Sail for use of their facilities and said the first episode will air in more than 60 countries. (No date was given.)

EPISODE #1 TAPING

Jim Ross and William Regal were introduced on commentary. JR introduced the new GM of NXT, Dusty Rhodes.

(1) Bo Dallas (Rotundo) beat Rick Victor with a spear.

(2) The Ascension (Connor O'Brian & Kenneth Cameron) beat C.J. Parker & Mike Dalton in a squash tag match. Ascension had an epic entrance and were impressive.

Damien Sandow refused to fight Jason Jordan. It was the same promo from his Smackdown appearances. Damien was over as a heel; funny stuff.

(3) Tyson Kidd beat Michael McGillicutty via submission. Great match that captivated the crowd and had plenty of nearfalls. Kidd won with a leg choke.

After a brief intermission, a video aired and they shot the crowd to lead into what can be assumed to be the second episode.

EPISODE #2 TAPING

William Regal left commentary for this episode and was replaced by Byron Saxton.

(1) Seth Rollins (formerly Tyler Black) beat Jiro. This was essentially a squash. Rollins cut a promo promising to take NXT, WWE, and the world by storm.

(2) Jinder Mahal beat Jason Jordan via submission with the Camel Clutch. Boring match as indicated by the crowd chants.

(3) Leo Kruger beat Aiden English. Quick and effective establishing Aiden as a face and Kruger as a heel. Post-match, Leo talked about himself on the mic, calling himself the LEO (Lion) of NXT. So, watch out.

(4) Richie Steamboat beat Rick Victor with a big lariat. Richie wrestles a lot like his dad, Ricky Steamboat, who was ringside watching. Richie gave him a shout-out after the match.

(5) Antonio Cesaro beat Dante Dash. Afterward, Aksana declared, "Antonio is my lover!"

(6) Derrick Bateman beat Johnny Curtis. Comedy match with lots of running around.

End of episode. On to Superstar Showdown or the third NXT taping. It wasn't clear.

EPISODE #3 TAPING

Jim Ross remained on for this taping.

(1) WWE tag champion R-Truth beat Epico. Fun match. Truth won with the Little Jimmy.

(2) Sofia Cortez (Ivelise from Tough Enough) beat Paige.

(3) Seth Rollins beat Camacho (w/Hunico) after a standing foot stomp. Heels attacked Rollins post-match until Bo Davis made the save. Of note, Rollins did not use his FCW Hvt. Title at either taping.

(4) FCW tag champions Jake Carter & Corey Graves beat C.J. Parker & Nick Rogers. Again, the titles were not mentioned.

(5) Kassius Ohno (Chris Hero) beat Mike Dalton. Due to Hero's long beard, a "Let's Go Jesus" chant caught on loudly. Post-match, Ohno said he knocks people out and when people see him, they say, "Oh no!"

Leo Kruger came out again and the audience sighed. People were leacing at this point due to not knowing much of the talent. A whole section became spotty and empty. A "We Want Sheamus" chant broke out.

(6) Richie Steamboat beat Leo Kruger. The match ended abruptly after Richie hit a nasty gusher. Post-match, Kruger attacked Richie to good heat. Richie was carried out.

(7) Jinder Mahal beat Derrick Bateman via submission with the Camel Clutch. Jinder got really good shine tonight. He reapplied his finisher after the match until refs separated them.

Byron Saxton is off the booth and now Jack Russo and William Regal have joined Ross.

(8) Ascension beat The Usos. Wow, that's an upset. It's not clear how many episodes they're up to now, but this is dragging badly, and not because of the wrestling.

(9) Bray Wyatt beat Aiden English. Husky Harris's new act is fantastic.

(10) Hunico & Camacho & Michael McGillicutty beat Tyson Kidd & Seth Rollins & Bo Dallas in a six-man tag match. McG avenged his loss against Kidd from earlier in the taping.

(11) World Hvt. champion Sheamus beat Alberto Del Rio to retain the World Hvt. Title. Sheamus won with the Brogue Kick in a good house show-style title match.

That was the end of the taping. They announced they will return next month after taping a month's worth of NXT in one night.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I haven't heard of a lot of these guys but it looks like a pretty good format to get some younger talent on TV to an extent. Kinda have to wonder about guys like Hawkins and Reks that were involved in NXT's main storyline before and if they'll finally be moved to RAW/SD, work exclusively on Superstars, or get the axe.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts