Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
12,426 Posts

Hey Titus, I'm waiting for your outrage over this shirt...

Like, I get that the H&M people should have probably done a double take or revision to ensure that their ad didn't step on toes or anything, but like...come on, to say this was intentional?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Bad look. Those of you saying there is nothing wrong with it.....i'm not even trying to be a SJW about it nor do I really like SJW's in general, but comparing black people to apes to denigrate them has been going on far longer than we've all been alive. So intentional or not, the point is the marketers should've known better and not have gone there.

·
Registered
18,880 Posts
fpalm Regardless of what "side" you're on, that was just a stupid business move

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
How can a company like H&M fail to see this? Really, all of the PR staff should be fired ASAP for their incompetence something so blatantly obvious.

Of course it is not intentional but you just can not something like this slip by.

Plus, Titus should not act all offended, he should just point to their obvious mistake.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
bit odd that the tiger jumper is all "survival expert" whilst the other one simply says "coolest monkey in the jungle" which sounds condescending and mirroring of what the board is explaining about the most extreme stereotypes.

just seems odd to me considering the point of "enduring stereotypes", almost like they tried to carry that message of stereotypes over into the hoodie image and made a very poor judgement. Like its been said why is the other lad looking all shocked?

I would like to give the benifit of the doubt here and and say it wasnt intentional but there are a few things here that are abit too coincidental so I wont say one way or the other.

even if it is a mistake then someone shouldve noticed it just remove all risk of it being taken the wrong way if they didnt think much past it simply being an animal themed hoodie.

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,378 Posts
THIS IS INCREDIBLY RACIST!

I'm so sick and tired of people assuming I'm an Alpha lion because I'm white. There is so much more to me as a white male in America then coming off as extremely dominating.
:lol:clap well done!

·
The face that runs the List
10,351 Posts
I mean, I'm not saying they intended for that ad to be racist, but they've GOT to have PR people on payroll to say, "hey, uh, this might be a bad look, let's switch these sweatshirts in case someone gets the wrong idea here."
Agreed.

Yet it's quite sad that people immediately see evil in everything

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
If you read that sweatshirt and believe there's a racial issue, then the issue is with you.
If you think someone didn't purposely give the black kid a monkey shirt, then you are naive and gullible. There is a slim chance it was harmless and no one noticed when they gave him the shirt, but in the world we live in, it's far more likely that this was done on purpose.

To completely deny any sort of possible racist connection and even doubt the possible intent shows that the issue is with you.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts

Hey Titus, I'm waiting for your outrage over this shirt...

Like, I get that the H&M people should have probably done a double take or revision to ensure that their ad didn't step on toes or anything, but like...come on, to say this was intentional?
Fucking please.....No white person is offended by the term cracker. It's the least offensive term in the world. Monkey on the other hand? Highly racist and offensive towards black people.

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
If you think someone didn't purposely give the black kid a monkey shirt, then you are naive and gullible. There is a slim chance it was harmless and no one noticed when they gave him the shirt, but in the world we live in, it's far more likely that this was done on purpose.

To completely deny any sort of possible racist connection and even doubt the possible intent shows that the issue is with you.
you think some racist in H&m was like "we're gonna put the monkey shirt on that BLACK KID! because that'll show em Mwuahaha"

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
If the black kid was in the monkey shirt it would be racist, if he was in the other shirt they'd also be called racist, there is no win win, if you look for racism/sexism you will find it.

21 - 40 of 86 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.