Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
When you mess with the bull, you get the horns. I have no fucking problem with WWE going to war against these gibronis, even if it means going up against some 'charity event'.

As per Kenny Omega balling his eyes out on Twitter over it. Just what? You think these folks would have their big boy pants on if going up against the E. Instead they throw on their best dress, and basically surrender faster than the French.

If you're going to fight the E, fight the E. Nobody is going to respect Beta-levels of response like this:

If this is indicative of things to come from those flyweights, AEW is going to get rolled before the show even starts. I don't think you'll find anyone not wanting to see WWE v AEW, but AEW can't publicly look like a midget wrestler, or it'll be a squash.

1,869 Posts
Like I said from other thread, isn't this you marks wanted for a long time now? Competition! Morality be damn when it comes to this and it's about winning.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
WWE can play all the dirty tricks it wants, people still aren't watching them. Its like WWE is avoiding actually fixing themselves.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I doubt aew have to much to worry about with the evolve thing, they are just some low budget indy fed and the matches involving wwe guys are throw away matches between guys that wwe don't really give a shit about so why should anyone else, the only people tuning into evolve will be the hardcore wwe Mark's which is funny considering it's these type of wwe fans that constantly try to dismiss anything associated with the indy scene.

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
So many cucks and sjw in the wrestling business nowadays. No men. You want to start a company and possibly poach talent then be prepared to be stepped on by everyone.

Omega is another idiot. And besides who is going to skip or not watch AEW if they are a fan to go for fucking Evolve.

·
Premium Member
9,782 Posts
How is WWE undermining a charity when Fight for the Fallen is a free stream and only a portion of the proceeds is going to charity? Unless WWE is forcing people that bought tickets to get a refund not really sure how it's undermining charity.

And yet it clearly looks like AEW & Omega are the ones shook on this

wow damn. They actually called them out on it. Nice move.

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
lol so the world is supposed to stop because AEW is putting on a show?

I'm about as pro-AEW as everyone else, but seriously guys, if WWE wants to put on a show let them. Is UFC supposed to cut their card as well? (Which I will be watching before AEW by the way) What a reach by you guys. Ill be watching all three events and excited about all 3, like most fans should be. Sorry you guys can't escape your hate chamber for a night.

EDIT: and I mean fuck, tribute to the troops every fucking year as well. They don't HAVE to fly over there, and the gate is 0. Quit reaching.

and at the end of the day....FFTF is STILL BUSINESS. Because it is getting eyes on the product. I can even make the case its all for business if I felt like driving that narrative.
WWE are not putting on a show. Its EVOLVE and WWE is airing another wrestling companies show on the WWE network

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
So I guess most here have heard the news WWE out of no where announced that they'll be airing an Evolve 10th year anniversary show card on WWE Network. That's all fine and dandy, but the issue here is AEW is also airing a free event Fight for the Fallen which is 100% for charity so where exactly is there a line for this company? They recently tried to come at NJPW's UK show because they heard the show was doing poorly in ticket sales only to get embarrassed to learn that the intel came from a second ticket vendor NJPW was working with as the initial vendor revealed that tickets are nearly gone. Shit like this is why nobody can take WWE seriously anymore.

Well, we already knew AEW was the “beta SJW screaming at a wall about equality” of the wrestling world...but now it’s clear their fans are the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Well, we already knew AEW was the “beta SJW screaming at a wall about equality” of the wrestling world...but now it’s clear their fans are the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Right because selling out multiple shows in less than a year is “beta” sit down son :mj4.

·
CHAIRMAN of WF
2,528 Posts
I swear people are complaining for the sake of complaining.

Can someone please explain to me how the WWE is undermining AEW's charity efforts?

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
I swear people are complaining for the sake of complaining.

Can someone please explain to me how the WWE is undermining AEW's charity efforts?
They're putting an indy show on the Network for the first time ever specifically as counter programming for AEW's charity show.

You're telling me that WWE putting an indy show on the Network for the first TIME EVER on that specific day is an accident? You're telling me that trying to directly compete for attention doesn't potentially take away funds for the AEW charities?

I've got a bridge for sale in San Fran you might be interested in.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Nobody is watching Evolve over AEW. As a matter of fact, who even watches Evolve anyway? Especially live?
I didn't even know EVOLVE was really a thing in 2019 :mj4

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
I'm pretty chill with this, it's my birthday so more wrestling for me to watch that day. I'll watch both shows, FTF I'll watch live, and then I'll watch the Evolve show after on the Network.
We have the same birthday it appears :lol

And I don't see how WWE is undermining anything. From what I've seen, only the proceeds from the ticket sales of the AEW show are going to charity cos the show itself is streaming for free, correct? So how is WWE undermining or taking anything away from charity when the show is free? It's not like the people who bought tickets are suddenly going to want a refund :lol People are being SO petty in this thread and are reaching for things to complain about. I hope if you're complaining about this and are going to watch the AEW show, then you donate to whatever the charity is. Nobody is forcing anyone to watch the Evolve show. I'll be watching the G1 that day myself (mainly cos both of these shows will actually air on the 14th for me cos of my timezone but the G1 is actually on the 13th lol).

·
CHAIRMAN of WF
2,528 Posts
They're putting an indy show on the Network for the first time ever specifically as counter programming for AEW's charity show.

You're telling me that WWE putting an indy show on the Network for the first TIME EVER on that specific day is an accident? You're telling me that trying to directly compete for attention doesn't potentially take away funds for the AEW charities?

I've got a bridge for sale in San Fran you might be interested in.
There is a lot of problems with this reasoning of yours.

1. The Evolve show on July 13th has been set on that day for months. So it's not like the WWE or Evolve intentionally put that show on that date.

2. The WWE and Evolve have a partnership with one another, and July 13th marks Evolve's 10th year anniversary. I see no problem with the WWE broadcasting a special edition of their partner's show on their network.

3. AEW Fight for the Fallen is being streamed live for free. So it's not like they're depending on buyrates. All of the show's revenue is going to come from the attendance/tickets which to my knowledge has been sold out for weeks. So it's not like they're going to lose money.

4. As for the competing for attention, I don't see why that is a problem considering you can technically watch both since they're both going to be streaming live for free.

5. Why in the world is AEW and its fanbase worried about Evolve? Last time I check Evolve is an indy promotion, while AEW is the 2nd largest wrestling promotion in the US after the WWE. If an Evolve show is enough to worry AEW, then AEW is not ready for an actual war with the WWE.

And lets hypothetically say that the WWE did pull this stunt to undermine AEW. Well, guess what, that is competition. You think Burger King, Wendy's and Taco Bell are going to close their stores down for the one day that McDonald's decides to raise funds for charity. Hell no. AEW doesn't own the day July 13th the same way WWE doesn't own Breast Cancer Awareness month or whatever day in December they do Tribute to the Troops.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.